1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders fire Hue Jackson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Jan 10, 2012.

1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    So Adam Schefter reported the Raiders have fired Hue Jackson.....but we cant Fire A.J. or Norv :confused:

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Buy the team, then you can fire and hire whoever you wish.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    [​IMG]

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Could we use a real OC for a year? Wouldn't mind have someone actually there to help Norv as opposed to he with a position but no purpose (Shelmon)

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    geez, if we would have lost that last game, would Norv still be here?

6. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    **** I wish i had that type of money
    Good question, probably not but who knows ... Dean may have still kept him .. I wanted A.J to go more than norv honestly

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Rayders=Commitment to excommunication.

8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    And as some of us pointed out... and Oakland is now showing to be quite the case... and Chicago will likely be the case as soon as they hire their new GM...

Very very rarely do you ever see a newly-minted General Manager keep in place the HC from the previous regime unless the new GM is being promoted from within. GM's want their guy at HC. Thus, the only way that Norv and AJ weren't a package deal was if Norv was canned and AJ stayed. There would have been next to no way that AJ would have been canned and a new GM would have kept Norv, unless that new GM was Dean's kid.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Which was why someone's hypothetical poll was labeled as "stupid" by some. ;)

10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Looks like the Bolt's need a new OC?

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    It was mentioned Norv needed help at OC, he needs people at the very least to help keep track of who is on the field and who is not (see broncos home game). I don't know if he'd want a 1 yr deal but it would be nice to bring someone with some attitude and whatnot into the fold

12. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Good point amd I think your right

13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I find this very disheartening. Reggie McKenzie will likely do a much better job as GM than the previous "draft the guy with the best 40 time" strategy. He will likely hire a coach who will be allowed to run the team without meddling from the owner. The Raiders will start acting like an actual NFL franchise. None of this is good news.

• Like Like x 3
  14. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Pretty sad when the Raiders - THE RAIDERS- fire two coaches for going 8-8 the last two seasons and we stick with our 8-8 head coach and keep the "lord-of-no-rings" as well. Everyone else in our division is moving and shaking: Broncos are winning in the playoffs. Chiefs fire Halley and hire Crennell. Raiders hire a new GM McKenzie and fire their coach... and we sit still.

Ohhh yeah... that's right we fired our P-o-S Def-coord and our "I-really-have-no-responsibilities" Off coord quits. It tells me Shelman knows when to get off the sinking ship and not ride it to the bottom of the ocean like the Titanic. It makes me mad that we still have the head on this putrid snake we call the coaching staff. I lie awake at night wondering just how good we could have been over the last four seasons if we didn't have Norv as head coach.

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Yeah I agree, I can see all those Lombardi's all polished up in the showcase. If only Cam or Wade was promoted to HC.

16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
  17. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'm saying right now the Raiders are heading in the right direction while we are not I hate them Bastards but have to admit the moves they are making are making me take notice, even the move to LA I like (HEHE)

18. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    How do you fire a HC with the name "Huge Action"