1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders players would welcome Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Nov 4, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=482028

Disgraced quarterback Michael Vick is due to be released from prison next summer, and several Raiders players would happily welcome him to their team, the Contra Costa Times reports.

"Would we like to see it? Yes," Oakland fullback Justin Griffith told the newspaper.

Raiders receiver Ashley Lelie said, "You have to sign him, if you're the Raiders. Trust me, I've played against him before. You don't want him on the other team."

Oakland cornerback DeAngelo Hall*, who has spoken with Vick during his incarceration at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary on a dogfighting conviction, says he would put his seven-year, $70 million contract up as collateral against Vick getting in trouble with the law again.

"I'll put in my contract the same stipulations or whatever, man," Hall told the newspaper. "I know anytime something like this happens, you wake up and smell the roses. After talking to Mike, he definitely knows what's happening. He has a family, kids, a fiancee. He definitely wised up and got those riff-raffs away from him. He knows who his true friends are. He'll move on and go from there."

Griffith, Hall and Lelie all were Vick's teammates in Atlanta.

Vick could be sent to a halfway house as early as January. After that, he could apply for reinstatement by the NFL.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the Times, "Michael Vick was indefinitely suspended after he pleaded guilty. If he applies for reinstatement following his release from jail, the commissioner would review all the facts and make a decision."

Oakland Tribune columnist Monte Poole wrote that he "couldn't think of a good reason why the Raiders wouldn't want to get in on the action" when Vick attempts a return to the NFL. Poole writes, "His vehicle to redemption is football. It was his ticket to celebrity and infamy; it can be his path to salvation."

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com, who also is a Sporting News contributor, says the Tampa Bay Buccaneers also likely would be interested in giving Vick another chance in the NFL.

*What a dumbass.

[​IMG]
    Vick already looks good in Raiders colors

2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    A criminal leading a team of idiots with criminal fans. I swear, you can't make this crap up :lol:

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Awesome!!! Totally Awesome!!!

Small detail is that he has be let back in the League and if Goodell does that, he loses all respect and integrity in my eyes.

Playing in the NFL is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

4. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't see a problem with him playing in the league again, what he was apart of is dispicable, but he is serving his time. If he's good enough to play in the NFL so be it, and if he's not, let him play with the Raiders.

5. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I don't think he'll go to the raiders because of all the money they have tied up in russell.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    So is the Jamarcus Russell experiment over already? :icon_rofl:

Please, Al, live forever!!!!!! :abq1:

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I guess JaMarcus Russell's own teammates have absolutely no confidence in him.

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    What is the story with JaMarcus?. The guy is what 6'6, 260lbs or something, he's been wrapped in cotton wool since being drafted and paid oodles of dollars, and then when he is on the field they permit him to throw maybe 15 passes.

I don't gettit. How can u make this guy the number 1 pick if (as it appears) u have little or no faith in him progressing/becoming an NFL QB.

He has gotta be the best example ever of this stupid policy of giving rookies ridiculous money. Even Leaf completed a few more passes than this guy.

Yeah I know his team is poor and the owner/GM is senile but still, come on, let the man play, if he can!.

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I would absolutely let vick back in the league. He paid his due by going to prison and I honestly believe he will never end up in any legal situations like this again. but Mike Vick is overrated and would make a ****** quarterback option for the Raiders. He scrambles and that is about all he is good for. but it IS the Raiders; since when has anything Al's done made sense?

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I think Russell has a lot of talent but it's hard to excel with the Raiders.

This should be great news for Russell!! :yes:

11. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
  12. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Have you looked at coach Cable's history?

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Even the majority of Raiderfans over at RF.net are against it. Many have said that would be the final straw.

When I read that: :icon_eek:

Personally, I have NO DOUBT Al will offer him a deal, sign him, the proclaim that the Greatness of the Raidahs is back.

14. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Thank you. Finally someone with some sense.

Vick is paying the price for his actions. Would I want him in a Chargers uniform? No, but only becase he's proven that he's not a consistent quarterback. But there is no reason for him not to play in the league again. What he did although a crime wasn't as bad as half of the stupid athletes out there like Pac-Man Jones. Vick made one mistake, he should be given a chance to compete for a job in the NFL. If he lands with the Raiders so be it. We can pay him back for stiffing us in the draft hehe. But I would like to see him play again. He was exciting.

15. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942

Is that Bill Ayers in your avatar's background?

16. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I didn't even read the thread - :icon_rofl:

17. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    It's the McCain victory party.

18. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Now, that was funny.

19. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    sdbound you are relentless my man and please keep posting the articles outlining the decline of the Nation. :icon_rofl: :tup: :icon_toast:

20. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Should we start taking up a collection to help the Faiders sign Vick? :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

:flag:

21. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Imagine this;

The Raiders and Vick jog out of the visitor's tunnel at the Q while "Who let the dogs out?" is blasted over the PA system. Beautiful.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

oh man.

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

I wish I could rep u for that

23. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    The guy is now broke, and in prison. If he comes out in playing shape and actually puts up mediocre stats it would make for one hell of a story. I for one am actually rooting for the guy to turn his life around. Provided of course he stays out of trouble, which for some reason I have confidence he will.

The ultimate in being humbled, this story has the makings for one hellova movie.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I don't think Bubba wants to let'im go :icon_eek:

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Same here. Vick has paid his dues. Let him be.

• Like Like x 1
  26. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Only the Raiders would consider this

27. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

that would be too funny

28. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...As an animal rights advocate, I have no room in my heart for any semblance of pity or understanding. He's a worthless pile of puke and I'm just happy that the Bolts traded their right to draft him.

29. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    thats too bad.

I guess when you make that much money and are under the public microscope, you should not do things that will tarnish your image.

I am going to say the NFL does not allow him back. He can go to the CFL.

30. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    This has the makings of a great Hollywood comedy picture show. I nominate Chris Tucker to play the part of Vick.