1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Raiders prove they're willing to spend money by overpaying UDFA scrub

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 28, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3269154

Now I like Tommy Kelly, I think he's talented and can play well. But still 7yrs 50.5 million FOR HIM?!?!?! My god in heaven that's an insane amount of money to pay for a guy who is ok maybe, probably up there with Jacques Cesaire

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I wonder what they're saying over at rf.net? :lol:

Long live Al Davis!!! :abq1: :tup: :bolt:

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Fuggin' Al... he's trying everything to get rid of Kiffin. He's such a looney old fukker. I love him!!! :bolt::lol:

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    I love it when Raider fans are in chaos... lol...

5. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Haha! Love that Raiders organization is in disarray! May it be that way for the next 100 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_tease:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Watching the Raiders fall apart and their fans lose their ****ing minds while we are a legitimate super bowl contender and possible winner, its like the cigarette after sex or the cherry on top of a sundae
    Its soooo ****ing WONDERFUL :yes::yes::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Its gotten to the point where it is sad. I am sure Al Davis has constant security because if he ever walked the street he would of been shot by now.

No team really deserves this. The Raiders are by far the saddest franchise in the history of the NFL. Their SB rings can no longer makeup for how ****** they are. It will only continue as long as AL the senile Davis is GM.

Let us hope he lives for many years!

8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    No fan-base (with the possible exception of the Patriots fans) has ever been more deserving of a staggering dose of humility.

9. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Glad to see the Raiders 'Commitment to Excrement' continues. Long live Al Davis!

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Classic. I love Al Davis.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What makes you think that?
    Not that I doubt it but just wondering if you saw, heard, or read anything that states speculation about this.

Then again, that's Al Davis for you. Cutting Ryan when that's the ONE thing he had going right for the team!!! Crazy!!!!

12. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    :icon_rofl: Al Davis: The Chargers best friend! :abq2:

Love the avatar EC! :tup:

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    This kind of reminds me of the John Butler days.
    Now I like Butler and think he started something great here... make NO mistake of it!! But he made some weird signings in a similar way.

Signing Tim Dwight to a five year contract for 35 million.
    Signing Stephen Alexander to a multi year contract for 40 million.
    I liked those guys at the time but NOBODY else was offering them that kind of money. Not even half that amount. Strange way of thinking!!!

14. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38

Post,

As always the "KEY" to any contract currently in the NFL is the amount of GUARANTEED money from what the story say $18+ of it is up front with 25M possible in the first 3 years. As a DT Its likely he will never see the all 7 years of the contract [see Shane Olivea as an example] but 3 divided by 25 is possible that would make it about 8.3 MILLION for friggin Tommy Kelly...if a unproductive slug like Kelly is making $8+ then how much is Fat Albert Haynesworth who is actually a semi-productive slug??

Stan :rivers17:

15. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38
    Yeah man!!!

I love it, save me a bunch of time surfing over to the loserfans.net

Ya think maybe the Rairuds fans envy us because AJ is our GM??

16. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Awesome!! Thanks for the quotes T-Struck. :lol: :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stan_The_Man_12

Ratings:
    +38
    Fox Sport writer assesment of the raiturds coaching position =

"Lane Kiffin: Coaching the Raiders is just like being the Spinal Tap drummer: Your time is coming, but you just don't know exactly when." :icon_rofl:

18. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I have some friends in Buffalo and they used to hate the way Butler and company crippled their finances. A.J. was very close to John so I apologize to Mr.Smith if this offends him but Butler overpaid way too many players often times due to his fondness for them. Mr. Wiley was another overpaid long term disasater coming off of one big year. A.J. is frugal when he needs to be...and his approach will probably keep the Bolts consistently competative for a longer period of time. Butler played checkers while A.J. is playing chess. Sorry if that's too harsh of an analogy :icon_shrug:

19. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I think most people are in agreement that alot of FA pickups by John Butler both didn't pan out and were very peculiar. Wiley I don't put into that category because he was a sack master when we grabbed him from buffalo, so it made sense. Same goes with Donnie Edwards, his Marty roots aside he was a damn good LB. But yeah Tamerick Vanouver, Stephen Alexander, Tim Dwight, Ryan McNeil, Alex Molden, etc were pretty dumb pickups at very dumb prices. Still BUtler helped put us on the right track in many regards and provided sense and stability after the Bethard **** up era. And hey if anything else, Butler brought over both AJ and Buddy Nix and that more then makes up for all hte dumb FA moves.

20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Cutting Ryan? Has there been an update to this story?
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/05/SPB3U9GBM.DTL

:icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    This was entirely predictable, as any number of us has. Davis is a going down hill and determined to take the Raider Nation with him, from deep in his Fueher Bunker replica. I can see those rabid *** fans impaling themselves on their shoulder spiked uniforms even as we speak.

22. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931