1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ramirez wants 6 year deal.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
  2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I don't think the Padres were looking for a 3B after the Barfield trade, unless it was for more depth.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,414
    They're still looking for a 3rd baseman.

They're looking some Japanese import.

Sandy Alderson said on the 1090 the day of the Barfield trade that if the opportunity arose to bring in someone like Ramirez that they'd do it.

He said he thinks Kouz can be the "3rd baseman of the future" but he also said "But let's be realistic, he still hasn't proven himself at the major league level."

Padres management, despite popular belief, is not stupid.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The Japanese import can play 2B as well and if I had to take a guess he'd play there if we signed him. IMO Kouz will be given the 3rd base shot just like Adrian was.

But who knows, anything can happen I didn't see the Barfield trade happening so we'll see.

5. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I believe Ramirez is way out of the question. We dont have the funds he wants. I see us bringing a bum in or starting Kouz at 3b. Probably going to try and pry Soriano over to Diego.