1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rams interested in Sproles?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Darren Sproles linked to Rams as backup option
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 3, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT

One of the big questions in the Rams offseason: Who will they get to play behind Steven Jackson?

A third-down back makes a lot of sense, which is why Darren Sproles looks like a good fit. ProFootball Weekly says Sproles is generating the most “buzz” of a crop of possibilities that could include Cadillac Williams, Reggie Bush, or Steve Slaton.

Slaton is still under contract in Houston and we have our doubts a team would give up a pick for him. Sproles will presumably cost a big contract, though. The Rams could be hesitant to spend so much on their backfield when other areas need addressing.

2. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Am I the only one who thinks losing losing Sproles will not be that big of a deal? I know he was a fan favorite, but I just don't think he brings enough to the table for the money he will command

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I'd like to have him back but I agree losing him won't be a huge deal.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I am not saying I want him shown the door, like I do with Cooper, I just don't think he is all that good and hasn't been for a couple years

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    No, you're not alone. ;)

I could see keeping him for a team friendly deal, but I'm sure someone else will pay him more. He's really just a 3rd down option these days.... not much of a returner anymore.

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Who thinks losing Sproles is a big deal?
    He was a nice option last year, but not exactly a vital player for the team.

7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Especially with the kickoffs being moved up 5 yards.

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    43 to STL would be a great move for the Rams for a few years which is prob all they can expect to get Jackson to carry them through if Bradford starts to falter. Not sayin I dont expect the Rams to have a more balanced offense, but adding in Sproles would hella help them out. AND he could probably help them out on returns.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    it'd be a nice spot for Reggie Bush.

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    As long as Tolbert and Matthews can do better with protecting Rivers, no big deal at all.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Sproles may just be better suited elsewhere but he can catch, something Ryanna has to prove if she can even stay on the field. In addition to giving up his body to keep Rivers off the turf he found the open spot, and in a hurry, very important in the Bolt's style offense.

12. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Sproles is a "has been". Take him. Should have traded him last year or the year before.

13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    We should have let him test the waters 2 years ago rather than franchising him, and hope that he came back for less like Dielman did. We could have used the $15mil he has gotten over the last 2 years, to improve the O-line(Right side) or the defense

14. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    My reaction to Sproles signing somewhere else:

[​IMG]