1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/glazer-rams-redskins-strike-deal-for-no-2-pick/

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    crazy ****.. crazy..

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Poor RG3.

• Like Like x 2
  4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    2 future 1st rounders + a 2nd is a nice haul for sliding down 4 spots. And they'll still have a shot at Blackmon at 6.

But they may have pulled the trigger too early, the Browns may have done the same deal in a month or so.

5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    I busted a rib when I read that one....... Shanahan will leave nothing but scorched earth behind him when he gets fired. :D

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    I don't think RG3 is worth 3 first round picks and a second. This will devastate Washington.

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    So IMO STL just became 1 year away from playoff contention. And wtf imagine if they draft Trent Richardson at 6. Gonna be a madd house. The draft could still have some lurking first round shockers. Like players falling farther than they should ever have! Gonna be awesome!!

8. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If they draft a RB at 6th overall I will laugh at them until my lungs burst and I am hospitalized. After months of recovery, I will resume my laughter.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I agree that RGIII to wash is a sad day. And I agree that STL will be getting much more than the face value of this deal in folds. Considering they very well after this years draft could be playoff contenders and thus making their first rounder trade fodder since they will have much better pick standing with Wash next 2 first rounders. No knock on RG3 or the fact that he is a perfect fit QB for what Shannahan loves to do with his QBs. It will be itnersting to watch as much as the KC Manniefs.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Marty, your just not thinking 4th dimensionally!!

But seriously, the draft has been adjusted to a sallary cap. That means that if a player is more adeptly skilled at his position coming out of college, he is very damn well worth the 5-6 mill rookie contract that would be a 6th round pick....

Yall forgettin that there is a wage scale now? Means a player who is MOST valued to a team with MOST sed need becomes worth every penny of where they are drafted... plus the consideration that any other team that wants that sed player can natch him for a steal to what he would be worth if he slips in the draft.

Im not saying Trent Richardson is a FOR SURE, tho critics have said it and I like how he plays hes worth every penny of being the #1 pick if they are right about the guy.

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    ALSO someone might know this for sure, but arent the maximum contract lengths now limited to 4 yeaars?? Or 5 in the first and 4 for each other round??

12. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Guess this means Matt Flynn will be heading to Cleveland..

RG3 put in a **** hole in Washington. Won't be surprised if Washington sign VJ now for that combo.

13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im still holding out hope that CHI pays the man. CHI is honestly about a WR away from playoff contention.

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Washington desperately needs a QB, their defense is playing very well, they have some offensive pieces in place but combine RG3 + an upgrade to the WR and OL and they could be a real force in the NFC East. Redskins have already publicly stated they'd be players in FA.

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I think they'll be the main players for VJ. They can afford him better than we can.

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    GREAT move by the Rams. Move down 4 spots and get 2 additional first round picks for it.

Redskins are insane.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Only if RG3 isn't as good as all the reports make him out to be. I've seen quite a few that put his floor at around Michael Vick. Guy has obscene talent and he could be a game changer for the Redskins. If he turns into Andre Ware, then game over for the redskins until probably 2018

18. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Who in the hell is he even going to throw the ball to? I mean other than himself.

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I don't ever want to hear people say you can't gain anything by losing. Week 16 the Vikings beat the Redskins in a meaningless 4th quarter nail biter with Joe frickin Webb in the game.

The Vikings finished with 3 wins, the Rams finished with 2......the Rams just bolstered their draft for the next 3 years. I'm not saying teams should lose intentionally, but its childish and foolish for a fan not see the potential benefit in dropping a meaningless game.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    What an unbelievably good deal for the Rams. They'll probably still get their man at #6 (either Blackmon or even Claibourne could still be there), then they pick up an early second which could net them a falling first round prospect.

Then they will not only have their own firsts, but Washington's for 2013 and 14,... Wow man, they make the right picks and they'll be legit pretty soon.

I respectfully disagrre with the above suggestions of Trent Richardson, I love Trent, but Steven Jackson is still the man. They only really need a backup RB at this point, Tolbert would probably suit them as a free agent actually.

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

DC is a desperate place. ;)

22. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Very true. We could have netted ourselves a new head coach had we not won that meaning less game against the Raiders

• Like Like x 1
  23. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Well that worked out nicely for the Rams.

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    And you know this because ....?

25. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    There's problem a mention of an "eternal soul" hidden in that deal somewhere. ;)

26. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    so now the Rams get more picks for rebuilding. Now they can sign VJ and be on their way to another SB. Good move by the Rams.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    [​IMG]

hellhounds on my trail

28. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    • Like Like x 1
  29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Because I am smart and Norv's job was only saved because of the way the team played in the last couple games

• Like Like x 1
  30. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    We should have been talking to the Skins when we had the rights to Sheli Manning.

Now the Rams will be Super Bowl contenders in 5 years if they play their cards right.

• Like Like x 1