1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rams release Pisa Tinoisamoa...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Boltergeist, May 8, 2009.

1. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Keep an eye on this one....MLB, leading tackler for the Rams...Solid player for several years.I guess it was a tough decision for the Rams to let him go.

I know AJ REALLY liked this guy the year he was drafted and we had him targeted. Pisa is from San Diego and as far as I know, he doesn't have injury problems. Would not be surprised at all if we made a play for him.

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/1186034.html

• Like Like x 1
  2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    aren't we full at linebacker right now? who do you see him replacing matt wilhelm? why would the rams release him if he's so great. they were one of the worst teams last year, any decent player they have they should be holding onto for dear life.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Not at MLB

BINGO

(Although, to be honest, I'm not sure if Pisa is a MLB or an OLB or if he'd fit our system.)

They released Torry Holt. :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Remember much the same was said of Foley before he came to us. Sometime a change of location and scheme can light a new fire under someone....:icon_shrug:

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    If we are to look at this guy, 'leaning tower' himself then we need to get rid of Whiffhelm right now.

I guess were Pisa to come he joins the line. At the moment this looks like this I reckon;

Coop - Burnett - Dobbins - Siler - Whiffhelm

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Didn't know that. Also explains why he has an event every year at San Marcos High School.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flea Soda

Flea Soda BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    He's from Oceanside, went to Vista High. Part of the reason VHS has the nice track and field now - it's that artificial shag grass stuff.

My buddy was his FB in high school. His family still lives here in Oceanside, so it looks like a perfect match.

We even bumped into him at a Charger game 2 years ago! :}

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
  9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I think it was Marty that liked him back then.

10. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I seem to remember AJ touting him also. This was AJ's first draft in 2003.

I wouldn't mind seeing us bring him in for a look at least....I think at a minimum he would give us quality depth and competition.

Personally, I am really high on Burnett. I think he's going to surprise some people. The Cowboys really didn't want to let him go but had committed too much to draft picks like Bobby Carpenter, etc.

11. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    As with most things, money is a big factor.

The guy was due to earn 3.25mil this year with the Rams. My guess is he ain't gonna sign on for peanuts unless he took a massive "SD discount".

We've too many irons in the financial fire (Rivers, Gates, McNeil) to bring in any more high priced vets.

Could we free up enough money by releasing a guy like Wilhelm? :icon_shrug:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Could we just give him Wilhelm's salary? :icon_tease: