1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rams To Officially Be Put Up For Sale

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, May 31, 2009.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch reports the St. Louis Rams are officially for sale. Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation told the Post-Dispatch on Saturday that Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez have retained the services of Goldman Sachs, the prominent investment banking firm. When reached Saturday, Rosenbloom declined to comment on sale and stadium issues. "The most important thing for me right now is putting a winning team on the field," he said. "And we don't want that goal to be disrupted in any way." The sale price is unknown, but Forbes magazine's most recent estimate listed the Rams' value at $929 million.

Source:
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch

2. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Return To LA? And If So What Does That Mean For Us???

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    About a year ago this was floating around,

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Saw this on PFT so didn't give it much traction.

It would be kinda cool for me if the Rams returned to LA. As a kid that was my team - lost their allure when they moved to St. Louis.

As for the impact to the Chargers - I don't see much. I don't think that Roski was looking for a commitment to Spanos to break ground. He wants a team that he has a stake in, IMO.

Right now I'd say CV is the Bolts only realistic choice. It's either that, move out of CA, or LA supports 2 teams.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'd like that myself but it's dirty.
    How long has it been since the Rams moved to St. Louis? 95 and I think they got their new stadium 2 years later. If a new NFL stadium only secures a team to 14 years... I say "it's not worth it!"

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Supposedly the guy who built the LA stadium wants to buy a team to bring to LA, so it wouldn't be impossible or unheard of for him/a group of investors to put something together

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I read this article this morning and said "YESSSSS!!"

I've missed the Rams and really really really hope they come back to SoCal and particularly to Roski's stadium in COI. 2 NFC, 2 AFC teams in California = bueno~

8. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    How much does a franchise generally cost, i might think about buying them.

It's either that or a number 6 from Wendy's. :lol:

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    No kidding. Any stadium built here, if there is one, should have a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng term agreement.