1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

random thoughts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Harley, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    none of these are even absolutes in my own mind but instead read'in the same BS 'bout the press and/or cannibalizing eachother and/or talk'in chit to pats fans i thought i'd throw some thoughts out...
    -run no huddle for the first time this year. especially with with the second stringers. they are younger and fresher.
    -NE's D is f'n old, this is there 18th game of their 18th year in the league, tire them out.
    -offense, get to the f'n line quick and run the god dam play! again get their D tired.
    -pound the rock with burner even if LT is fine. he's a punisher.
    -let's see negnanunanu throw the rock a time or two early. if noth'in else it'll get 'em on their heels everytime he lines up in the back field (especially with billy v in there, he's capable of runn'in a route).
    -line up cro as a receiver a time or two as well. i'm think'in cro, jackson, and chambers on the same side, then run the screen to LT the other way or whatever. basically use cro as a huge distraction or throw it to him deep, can't hurt.
    -i think our base d is gonna have to win the game wthout gett'in too cute. stay at home, know your assignements, and tackle (i hope practice looks like a pop warner 2nd week practice with tackl'in drills this week).
    -obviously get to pretty boy, but without blitz'in.
    -keep weddle in the mix as much as possible, the kid makes plays.
    -siler will 'cause a fumble on kick off coverage. he's been a beast all year. last (or only) one was against da bears correct? he's due...
    -if billy the kid is under center run some play action bootlegs in the red zone.
    anyway, the pats know what time it is...

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We will have to blitz to get to Brady. Did you watch the Jacksonville game?

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Who is "negnanunanu" and why would we want Legedu or Manumaleuna (can't tell which one you are talking about) throwing "the rock a time or two"?

Cro will have his hands full on D. We don't need to run him into the ground on offense. Randy Moss sound familiar?

Are you familiar with the term "chopping wood"? Your post reads like we are playing a video game.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yea, I'm sure that strategy works great on Madden :icon_rofl:

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Rushing five is a great idea against the Pats. Kevin Faulk killed the Jags out of the backfield. If you rush five, Faulk will stay in to block. Brady got fat off of cheap and easy throws against the Jags. I understand that you don't want to let them complete a lot of deep balls, but backing off into a prevent from the first quarter on is playing right into their hands.

The Pats won that game before they ever took the field. The Jags defense feared them, and they constructed their game plan accordingly.

The Chargers are a better team than the Jags. The Jags don't have the pass rushers and playmakers we do.

6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Exactly. You let Brady camp out and he will punish you. He is very good and finding the open guy if you give him time and his WRs know where to find holes in a zone.

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I have no problem with shaking things up a bit as far as the no huddle, quicker to the line approach. But the gimmick shiit is not going to work on these guys. What will work best is a straightforward, a-sskicking approach. We will move the ball on offense... period.

On defense the blitz will have to be disguised and used sparingly... but I agree with the 5 man approach. The RB has to be accounted for or we will get killed.

And yeah, tackling has to be the first thing everyone thinks about. No more fuggin' shoulder hits and pushing guys to try and get them down. Sound, fundamentals is how you compete with a team that makes its living by executing sound fundamentals.

We're younger, stronger, faster... now we just need to prove that we're better.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    only way to pull this off is to have our four/five rushers get to brady. We can blitz from time to time but blitz too much and we'd leave someone in single coverage.

Merriman, Phillips, Igor, Castillo, Cesaire, Tucker, etc. These guys MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST get to the QB. We can't have another game like at INdy otherwise we are toast.

9. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    We've run no huddle this year...and not just in the two minute warning...

10. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554

With the way we played offensively last week, I would not change a thing as far as tempo. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

11. y2craig

y2craig BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Here's my video compilation I took when they smashed us a couple months back. Look at that, he can eat an entire burrito back there. Not only does he need pressure, jam the receivers at the line and play a hard physical game against them. Baltimore should have won their game against them. Pressure him enough, not only for sacks, but to force the INTs.

You are right, when he has all the time in the world it is like having a sniper back there throwing the ball. A very good arm and accurate. Fans around the league can talk all the smack they want about him, but without Brady that team is toast.

12. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I think I saw at least three holds !!!!

I agree, pressure will be the key. and don't let him step up in the pocket

:tup::tup::tup:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    BEEER!