1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ranking the D-linemen in the AFC West

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

ESPN
    By Bill Williamson
    6-7-2010

This was a very difficult ranking and not because of all the top-notch talent. Actually, this group is not very deep and it includes several unknown commodities. It may become a strong group, but right now, this unit as a whole is a big question mark in the AFC West.

1. Richard Seymour, Oakland: Seymour is, by far, the best defensive lineman in this division. It’s not even close. Still, Seymour, who is entering his second season in Oakland, has plenty to prove. Seymour, 30, has to show he is still in his prime and he can bounce back from an inconsistent first season in Oakland.

2. Luis Castillo, San Diego: Castillo is a nice player. But he probably should be the second-best defensive lineman in a division. He’s solid, not great.

3. Glenn Dorsey, Kansas City: This was tough. I guess I still believe in Dorsey. But he has to show more in this third NFL season. He was expected to be much better than he has shown so far.

4. Jacques Cesaire, San Diego: A solid journeyman. He should be lower on this list next year if other players develop as expected.

5. Tyson Jackson, Kansas City: Like Dorsey, Jackson has to show up better than his rookie season. He was nowhere near as productive as the No. 3 overall pick is expected to be. But he’s a hard worker and he should make strides in his second season.

6. Justin Bannan, Denver: This free-agent pickup is underrated. He’s versatile and he knows how to play winning football.

7. Jamal Williams, Denver: The former Charger may be on his last leg. But until he hangs it up, this massive nose tackle has to be respected.

8. Tommy Kelly, Oakland: Kelly is a big, well-paid man. But he is an underachiever.

9. Lamarr Houston, Oakland: Houston was drafted in the second round this year to help Oakland’s terrible run defense. The tackle looks like he will be very active.

10. Jarvis Green. Denver: This free-agent pickup is a decent pro. He’ll help Denver.

11. Vaughn Martin, San Diego: The second-year player is an interesting prospect. He is very raw, but talented.

12. Cam Thomas, San Diego: I like this fifth-round steal. Expect him to get a chance to replace Williams right away.

13. Wallace Gilberry, Kansas City: This is a diamond in the rough. Gilberry is a project who has nice pass-rush skills.

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    damn, Dlinemen in the AFC west suck :icon_eek:

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Couldn't agree more. There are names near the top of the list that should not even be on a list when talking about D linemen. For me at his best Jamal is the best D lineman in the AFC West. Seymour is a good un but to have Jamal below Castillo and freaking Cesaire for crying out loud all I can say is WOW.

4. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :abq2: I WANT BEEF !!! :abq2:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    sad :tdown:

6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    No joke, when Castillo is the 2nd best (Highly debatable) and Cesaire is #4 (Total joke), that just shows how bad the linemen in this division are