1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid Reports 11-10

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Nov 10, 2010.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Bye week is deffinatly gonna keep this place loose.

Lookin at todays RRs and saw this GEM *among others* from Gates.

Nov. 10, 2010 5:36 p.m. - TE Antonio Gates (foot, toe), who missed last Sunday’s game against the Texans, expects to return against the Broncos after this week’s bye. However, he will delay his return if he does not feel 100 percent. “If I am out there and I am playing, it is because I feel really good,” Gates said. Chargers RapidReports

I dont kno if he just heard me or other concerned fans, but I am glad he is prepared to take things in stride. Would love for him to be ready for DEN, just dont think he will be.

Also this is like a no brainer from Norv.

Nov. 10, 2010 6:45 p.m. - With the season now more than half over, opponents have plenty of tape on each other. That being the case, Coach Norv Turner said he's using this week’s bye to put in new offensive and defensive looks. Chargers RapidReports

Its like this was all part of his plan...

Nov. 10, 2010 6:43 p.m. - WR Malcom Floyd and WR Legedu Naanee, who have missed the last two games with hamstring injuries, will likely play against Denver after this week’s bye. Neither has practiced this week, but both looked strong running and making cuts while working with a trainer. Chargers RapidReports

Hell yea MY BOY finaly gonna be gettin back in the action!! ALSO legs missed 3 to his hammy.

Ok well not much else to see if you venture to look yourself.

YEA!! SD WINS this week!! :bolt:

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I really hope AJ doesn't jump the gun and put Gates on IR like he did with Jamal Williams back in 2008. The injury happened in week 1, but it came out that Williams could have played as early November that year, and would have been active for the playoffs.

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    I cant imagine it coming to that again. Gates prob should miss the Den game at least. As he has the similar situation in that he got his injury pretty early in the season and has been winging it since. Id realy rather see longevity from 85s career, but I hate it more than watching PR risk almost everything for the sake of winning every game. PR doesnt need to do that again either nearly gave me a heart attack every game. Also Gates has deffinatly Warriored his way through like always, I jsut think I would say to him : Take it Easy Man.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Well no surprise always a nugget or a gem on day to day reports.

Nov. 11, 2010 5:29 p.m. - Coach Norv Turner said WR Seyi Ajirotutu, an undrafted free agent, will be with the team for years to come after he had 111 receiving yards and two touchdowns against the Texans. “Relieved,” Ajirotutu responded. “There is (still) a lot of hard work that has to come.” Chargers RapidReports

I am ok with Tutu longterm... not sure if Norv will still be here as long as I envision Seyi being a bolt.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Nov. 11, 2010 5:21 p.m. - Coach Norv Turner would like to achieve a more balanced offense by attempting at least 25 rushes per game. "We have had a number of games where we've had over 25 carries," Turner said. "If we can get that number, (we will) be effective in the running game

No surprise more talk about the NEW scheme to come for the 2nd act. I would love to see PR NOT get over 5k passing and our Running game taking a more precident positon in how we win. It would be worth it. As LEGENDARY as PR has and will be, I would not bat a eyelash if he doesnt get there due to sucsess from the ground game.