1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid reports Tday

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Nov 25, 2010.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    NFL News Updates - CBSSports.com RapidReports
    Yay! LEGS likely back and going strait to slot receiver. Its time.

Nov. 24, 2010 8:20 p.m. - WR Patrick Crayton, who underwent wrist surgery on Wednesday, was the team’s slot receiver. WR Legedu Naanee (hamstring), who has not played since Week 5, will now run the slot routs when he returns this week, providing he does not have a setback with his injury. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: WR
    Nov. 24, 2010 8:08 p.m. - WR Legedu Naanee (hamstring), who has not played since Week 5 against the Raiders, fully participated in practice on Wednesday. Naanee attempted to practice in Week 8 but suffered a setback. Naanee will play this week if he has no other setbacks.

Not so happy to read this one tho ;/
    Nov. 24, 2010 9:31 p.m. - The Chargers will play on artificial turf Sunday. This could be problematic because WRs Malcom Floyd and Legedu Naanee are both coming off hamstring injuries. Additionally, WR Vincent Jackson may not yet be in game shape because he will be playing in his first game this season.

Also Lang moved back to PS.

Nov. 24, 2010 8:37 p.m. - ILB Darry Beckwith and ILB Brandon Lang were added to the practice squad on Wednesday. Lang was on the 53-man roster prior to being waived shortly before Monday night’s game. Beckwith spent the 2009 season on the team’s practice squad. Chargers RapidReports

2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Nov. 24, 2010 7:55 p.m. - Players not practicing on Wednesday: TE Randy McMichael (hamstring), CB Donald Strickland (hip), G Louis Vasquez (neck) and Kris Wilson (back). Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: CB
    Nov. 24, 2010 7:54 p.m. - Players not practicing on Wednesday: WR Patrick Crayton (wrist), WR Malcom Floyd (hamstring), TE Antonio Gates (Toe / Foot), FB Jacob Hester (foot), DE Travis Johnson (shoulder) and RB Ryan Mathews (ankle). Chargers RapidReports

3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Nov. 23, 2010 5:31 p.m. - TE Antonio Gates (foot), who has missed the last two games with a torn plantar fasciitis, may play this Sunday against the Colts. “I am hopeful that he can play this week,” coach Norv Turner said. “There is a concern that it is going to take longer than that. I think he is making progress.”

I hate to admit, but this is how im thinkin Gates injuries will slow him down and safety sake will keep him out of the indy game. SUCKS not having Gates on the field tearin up TE records, but I can wait.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Nov. 24, 2010 9:36 p.m. - Despite all of the injuries the Chargers have had to endure this season, coach Norv Turner feels fortunate. "I have been in situations where a couple of guys go out and you don't have answers," he said. "We have answers. We have had a lot of guys step up."

And this reminds me of the first release of the 53 man cut down where we had 29 defensive players... Grats backups on holding on for the team.

5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Someone clarify this. Are other teams allowed to sign practice squad players?

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yes a team can sign players off of other teams practice squads. I believe they have to sign them to their active rosters though...

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Yep the player has to go from a PS to the 53 on the team acquiring him.