1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid Reports

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006

Rapid ReportsCBS Sports12 18 2009

Chargers coach Norv Turner has praised RT Brandyn Dombrowski's work ethic since August, and he singled him out again today when asked about Chargers reserves saving the season. "He didn't play at right guard or right tackle until he was thrown into a game. He's worked hard to where he can play at a high level."

Chargers coach Norv Turner alters the team's schedule to try to keep the players mentally fresh. Late in the seson, earlier practices on Thursday are giving players a free afternoon in San Diego. "I know we practice faster at 11:30 than we do at 1:30," Turner said.

Some NFL and NBA coaches create a committee of players to discuss issues with the coach. Norv Turner talks daily with some players but doesn't believe in the committee approach. "As soon as you put a committee together, they start thinking they need to do something," he said. "Most of the time, nothing needs to be done."

Coach Norv Turner, despite less than full support from Chargers players, remains devoted to practices in pads on Thursdays to better work on inside runs, goal-line situations and blitz protection. "We're getting to the point where the players would like for me to back off a little bit," Turner said. "But it's worked so well, I think they understand it."

The Bengals reputedly have one of the NFL's better offensive lines, fueling a running game that ranks sixth in the league. The Chargers have talked about matching Cincinnati's ruggedness. "They're real good," DE Jacques Cesaire said. "They're big. They're physical. They really get guys moving. You've just got to dig deep."