1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid Reports

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Todays RRs Bolded the interesting to me ones.

Friday, August 06, 2010
    10:12 pm WR Buster Davis has practiced with the first string for three consecutive sessions. "It's a great opportunity to get out there with Philip [Rivers] and run routes with him," Davis said. I can get a feel for him, and he can get a feel for me."

10:04 pm WR Buster Davis is on the bubble of making the team. "I really don't dwell on that part," Davis said. "The only thing I can do is take care of each day on the practice field up to the preseason games and then take advantage of those times that I get into the game."

9:33 pm Do the Chargers have a new fullback? In Friday night's practice, DT Antonio Garay wore a blank white offensive jersey over his dark blue defensive jersey and played fullback for a couple of series with the second team.

5:50 pm An NFL rule change mandates that DLs within 1 yard of the line of scrimmage must line up far enough away from the snapper that their bodies are outside the perpendicular plane of the snappers' shoulder pads. LS David Binn, a 17-year veteran who has played more games for SD than any other player, can now play until he's eligible for Social Security.

5:33 pm DE Luis Castillo believes that one of the reasons why the defense is having a good training camp is that the players are familiar with third-year defensive coordinator Ron Rivera’s system. “We are not trying to learn it,” said Castillo. “We are trying to refine it. Instead of overhaul it like we have in the past with 3 different coordinators in 6 years.”

5:14 pm NFL officials are officiating practices on Friday and Saturday. “It is really important to have the officials come in,” coach Norv Turner said. “We can fix some things right now.”

4:52 pm On Saturday morning the Chargers will hold practice at Qualcomm Stadium for Fanfest, a free event for the public. “We will really be putting to together a mock game," said coach Norv Turner. “It is really a rehearsal for the guys for the first preseason game and we will get a lot of practice done.”

4:02 pm On Friday morning NFL officials showed a video explaining rule changes for 2010. The video included a segment indicating that a focus for officials this year will be good sportsmanship. A heated Philip Rivers, the Chargers' QB, was shown twice in the segment as an example of how not to act.

2:46 pm WR Gary Banks practiced with the first string for the second practice in a row on Friday morning. He performed well catching several balls.

2:26 pm Brandyn Dombrowski is improving in his new role as LT. "He feels like he is in his most natural position," coach Norv Turner said. "He is a big, strong, physical player, and that helps in pass protection more than you think."

12:36 pm WR Buster Davis is participating in conditioning workouts but not practicing. Any time Davis misses is disappointing for him and the Chargers, since injuries have plagued his career. Davis has performed well in camp.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seriously even CBD is already talkin bout the bubble?

Hell yea Move Garay to FB. So sorry Hester.

F the leauge for thinking a passionate player is not needed.

Go Banks Go!! I love that players honestly get a chance to perform at a NFL level when they are primed and ready to just step into the role.

Not happy we have to settle at LT, but good to hear that Dbro is doin well and sounds like hes built to hold it down well.

2. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Who wrote this crap? :icon_shrug:

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    the only postion I'm worried about is the left tackle. Were solid every where else.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Agreed, but I dont think I am as worried.

Honestly I thougth the loss of Jwall week 1 to the raiders last year spelled more doom for our Dline than the loss of MMac to the Oline this year.

Glad I was wrong bout the Dline for the year salvaged.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    More from today:
    Friday, August 06, 2010

10:54 pm CB Nathan Vasher on Ron Rivera's defensive scheme: "I think it highlights what players do well. For myself, it's highlighting my quickness and my ability to diagnose plays."

10:39 pm TE Antonio Gates appears to be on top of his game. He has caught nearly every ball thrown to him in camp, and frequently those receptions have been in heavy coverage. On Friday night, he had at least two receptions for touchdowns.

10:35 pm CB Nathan Vasher, a free-agent acquisition from the Bears, has been a big part of the defense's success in practice. "I think we have great chemistry," said the seven-year veteran. "We have great communication out there on the field, and everyone is on the same page."

Yuh go Gates!! and Vasher the slasher!!

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    the only difference is that missing your starting NT won't potentially get your pro-bowl QB killed

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yep ... because he'll never even get on the field. :lol:

8. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Vasher and Strickland were fantastic under-the-radar moves.

Strickland I knew a little about. He's been reputed as an excellent nickel CB for a while dating back to when he was with SF. They also liked him when he was with the Jets. Tough, hardnosed, smart player who can be a playmaker and start in a pinch. The knock with him as ALWAYS been injuries...He is a quality player for our nickel and dime D's who will help us a whole lot. I had no doubt when we picked him up that he was target as an upgrade over Gregory at nickel.

I wasn't sure about what Vasher had left in the tank, but he seems very good in the early going and takes to Rivera's scheme very well. If he does nothing else but provide quality depth and push Cason to be better.....that will be big. The way he's going, he may push for a starting spot.

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The secondary has a combined 41 career interceptions. This bodes well. Bold prediction: We will challenge the Jets, Saints, and Ravens for best secondary in the league. Yes, that means top five in interceptions AND pass defense.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Fan Fest Rapid Reports

Strickland and Vasher were very physical at fan fest, did a solid job in coverage. Both had more contact in one practice then Cromartie makes in a year.

Jeremy Williams and Seji Ajirotutu are studs, they looked very good at fan fest

Cam Thomas is huge, does a solid job in the middle

Ryan Mathews showed some decent skills picking up blitzes and catching the ball

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    More from Fan Fest

$1 hot dogs rule

12. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Good stuff....The pre-season battle at WR is going to be an interesting one to watch this year. It may well come down to who shows up the best in live action during the pre-season games.

13. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Aug 9 10:25 ET

Good morning A.J. Smith! Mike Scifres boomed a punt across the field and into general manager Smith's office window on a balcony overlooking the practice facilities.

:lol:

14. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Scifrrreeeesss? Your FIRED! :lol:

[​IMG]

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    He probably thought Kaeding shanked another one. :icon_rofl:

16. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :icon_rofl:

That a good one...

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    There's a kiss & make up letter from McNeill inside, AJ. :lol:

18. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Monday, August 09, 2010
    9:42 pm FS Eric Weddle intercepted another Philip Rivers pass in practice on Monday night. It's a pass that Rivers probably wouldn't have thrown in a game. However, Weddle has performed well throughout camp and could have a big year.

9:30 pm DB Donald Strickland broke through unabated to the QB on two occasions in Monday evening's practice. QB pressure is an area the Chargers need to improve on. The addition of Strickland, a seven-year veteran, could turn out to be a big boost for the defense.

9:19 pm CB Antoine Cason returned to practice on Monday. Cason missed most of last week with a minor injury. Nathan Vasher played extremely well while Cason was out, and coach Norv Turner indicated on Monday that Vasher could challenge Cason for a starting position.

9:13 pm TE Antonio Gates missed the evening practice with a minor hamstring irritation. Gates is day to day and likely will return in a couple of days.

3:03 pm OT Nic Richmond will have a knee scoped and likely miss the next two weeks of practice. This will be a major setback in his chances of making the team.

2:51 pm DT Antonio Garay may get an opportunity to play FB in goal-line situations. “He is a big physical guy," coach Norv Turner said. “I think if he is comfortable enough doing it, then he will play fast. We know he will be physical, but if he can play fast, then we can use him down there.”

2:44 pm QB Philip Rivers is excited about the rookie receivers in camp. “It is probably the deepest we have been,” Rivers said, “in terms of having this many guys who can go in and not really worrying about them knowing what to do and not really having a big drop off.”

2:29 pm G Cameron Stephenson, added to the roster Monday, is excited about getting an opportunity in San Diego. “I love the weather, and I am close to family,” he said. “I grew up in Los Angeles.”
    2:16 pm WR Ernest Smith has been released.

1:49 pm OT Corey Clark announced his retirement Monday.

1:25 pm Good morning A.J. Smith! P Mike Scifres boomed a punt across the field and into general manager Smith's office window on a balcony overlooking the practice facilities.

1:23 pm Cameron Stephenson is wearing No. 75 previously T Corey Clark's number. No word yet on whether Clark has been released and on what Stephenson's official position is.

1:19 pm WR Legedu Naanee exited practice and returned out of uniform. He appears to be favoring his groin.

12:45 pm OLB Antwan Applewhite (hamstring) returned to practice Monday after missing most of last week.

12:29 pm FB Mike Tolbert returned to practice Monday. Tolbert missed most of last week with a minor injury.

12:22 pm WR Legedu Naanee, who is competing to become a starter, returned to practice Monday morning. Naanee missed most of last week with a minor injury

Will be back to read/comment off for a midnight 4wheeler cruise. I promise I wont go over 17. :]

Well I made it back alive and i ddint go over 17 or 17 beers.

Man sucks to hear somethin like that about cason but HELL YEA to Vasher and his rapore with RR, that hes pushin for ACs spot.

Dammit.

Thank You AJ for gettin Charlie Joiner, oyea and drafting LEGS. Glad to hear bout Floyd and CBD doin well as well as not no I's.

Nice that Sci-Fi leg is livin up to its rep. So if a full bionic overhaul costs 6 Million, does that mean that Sci has a 1 Million dollar LEG?? *edit* Sorry but maybe its the Missouri Mantra of Show me, but I didnt want to beleive that was a valid Camp report until I saw it for myself, turns out HELLS YEA indeed! By far my favorite for now and however long SCi-Fi is THE best punter ever. Eventualy the stats will show his superiority to lecleeer AND Colquit. SD owns the best punter in AFC-W and the NFL!!

Nooo! Not my favorite current SD WR gettin the I's again?? Ugh glad the season is long and designed to work these out in time for post season.

Clearly good to see that Tolbert made it safely thru todays practices.

Oyea feel free to post your camp photos/vids/stories here. Im just as addicted as you, but I live in Missouri. :/

Plz keep fans like I informed...

19. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010
    2:50 pm Coach Norv Turner has taken an abundance of caution throughout camp resting players with any hint of a muscle strain. While it is certainly important to start the season healthy, could this approach ultimately lead to a lack of preparation resulting in another slow start?

2:41 pm SS Darrell Stuckey returned to practice on Tuesday after missing the several days with a minor groin strain.

2:40 pm SS Quinton Teal, a three-year veteran free agent, was added to the roster on Tuesday. From 2007-09, Teal played in 44 games for the Carolina Panthers where he recoded 41 solo tackles and had four assists.

Intersting 2 sided sword to talk about there. Reminds me of that Heartburn comercial with the freaky chick asking *do you want it to hurt now or later*

I doubt the majority of our roster is not ready to go play reading/reacting wise. At least hes not takin em to the Swimmin Pool.:yes:

20. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    like some of the good playing rookie cb's we've got now. We;ve got to find a way to stash these two wr's on the practice squad without any other team realizing they have good talent. They just need time to develop and they could be as good as any wr in the league. If they don't make the 53 man roster that is.

WE've got to find a team with too many good o-tackles where they have to put one of the o-tackles on thier practice squad and then we should rush to get one.

21. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    RBs Darren Sproles and Ryan Mathews are taking snaps in the wildcat formation.

Coach Norv Turner doesnt believe it necessary to throw the ball occasionally in the wildcat to keep an opposing defense honest. “It depends on how defenses handle it,” Turner said. “We are not going to major in it, so I don't know how many passes we need to have ”

22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Heres todays Current RRs.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
    10:16 pm WR Buster Davis had an all around solid day making several receptions in both practices. The key for Davis is his ability to stay healthy. If he is able to participate in practice regularly -- something he has never been able to do -- he could win a starting job.

10:13 pm Blacked Out: Per NFL policy, Saturday night’s game between the Chargers and the Bears will not be shown live in the Chargers television market. Approximately 7,800 seats remain unsold.

9:48 pm TE Richie Brockel has been getting a lot of touches including a touchdown reception in Wednesday night’s practice. Brockel hopes to find a role on the team by being versatile. He can play tight end, fullback, and contribute on special teams.

9:34 pm K Nick Novak boomed a 40 yard field goal straight down the uprights. Novak does not have a realistic chance of challenging Nate Kaeding for his job. However, if he can kick in preseason games as he has in practice, he may find a job in the NFL this season after missing all of last year.

9:02 pm K Nate Kaeding attempted two 52-yard field goals. He missed the first one wide left and was met with jeers from the fans. He made the second. It bounced off the goal post, and he received a smattering of applause.

7:31 pm C-G Scott Mruczkowski isn't partipating in practice.

3:00 pm Coach Norv Turner on the secondary: “I think it is one of our most improved areas.”

2:57 pm WR Josh Reed, a nine-year veteran out of Buffalo, continues to perform well as a slot receiver. His emergence creates a tough decision regarding which of the several talented young receivers will get the last roster spot.

2:48 pm RB Ryan Mathews on interacting with the fans. “I love the fans. I was a fan of this team. I like the interaction.”

2:42 pm RB Ryan Mathews on one of the keys he is focusing on – waiting for holes to develop: “Be patient but fast. This game is a whole different level. You just have to find your rhythm in it.”

2:32 pm SS Steve Gregory is on fire! Tuesday night he had two interceptions and a defended pass. Wednesday morning he came up with another interception in the end zone.

2:21 pm WR Buster Davis had a solid practice Wednesday morning. He caught several passes with the first-team offense and looked good returning punts.

2:17 pm WR Malcom Floyd left morning practice with a tight hamstring and is day to day. This is another example of coach Norv Turner taking an abundance of precaution with any injuries during camp.

1:56 pm TE Antonio Gates has taken several snaps at WR on Wednesday morning.

12:31 pm OLB Larry English, TE Dedrick Epps, LB Ali Highsmith and TE Randy McMichael are not particpating in practice on Wednesday morning. All four are participating in a conditioning workout.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Can we carry 4 TEs? Or maybe Epps can sneak to the PS.

I can agree with Norv the Secondary to me sounds like it is gonna be our strongest unit this year... as weird as that could be to imagine. Also at same time all I keep hearing about is how great our battle at Receiver is playing out.

Josh Reed. Sure sounds like hes doin good, but I cant see him as much more than a Bandaid that could even make the team. -->see M. Bennett

I love Mathews' attitude about fandom. I am quickly forgetting about a # 20 something. Its all 2417 now!!

GREGORY!! Thats my boy! I have always liked him and knew that the FO kept him and Oliver and as long as we could Cletis Gordon for good reason. Much like I knew by the sound of Weddles gameplay style that he would be a perfect fit for us once he got acoustomed to the NFL level. Weddle to me is a very funny story cuz 1st I ever heard of him was in a USA Today article talking about color of a player and positions they play. Was a good article in his light and makin the case that White guys can line up against WRs too. Then the month or so goes bye and the draft comes and wtf jus happend we drafted a guy I heard about and was thinking to myself he sounds like a great player regardless of where he would land. AND we draft him!? His worth to me as a great contributing player was more than worth trading up for him in a year we didnt have more than 4-5 roster spots even avail cuz we were still sittin on untapped talents. (Dbro Mcow Legs Floyd Banks Siler to name a few) Rant over.

On norv possibly over resting players to save injury, I dont think it is as big a concern as media would boo it up to be. We KNOW what to do and we are only days away from our first exhibition why not start to gear down the practices??

Wonder if we will see this trickery with Gatesy in game? Cant imagine that he couldnt line up as a Slot and run some short under routes.

23. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

Seems like it. If Norv wanted to do passes hed prob put Legedu in there. Wonder how good RM or Tank can throw it?? Even tho it was a LT thing, I never got enuff HB passes in my life. I hope that play isnt gonna go by the wayside, even if we change it up and go with a WR pass play from Legs.

24. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I loved it when LT threw the ball, we did it more when Cam was are OC, I don't think Norv likes it that much...

25. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    True. Thinkin on it not to bash our current Coaches, but I do miss Cam and Wade. It might be another coach regime/decade till we do see another HB pass ;/

26. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    8-12-2010

DE-T Vaughn Martin last year became the first Canadian underclassman drafted by an NFL team, and could be an impact player this season. Martin has trimmed down and has performed well in practice but is still working on mechanics. “I need to work on my foot work,” said Martin.

WR Seyi Ajirotutu, an impressive undrafted free agent, is happy to be on the team with fellow Fresno State alumni Ryan Mathews. “We roomed together for two years,” said Ajirotutu. “We are the best of friends. I am just glad to be down here with him.”

27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341

Glad to hear VM is commin along well at DE. Not as much to get a hold of for DE vs DT and losin weight wont mean he cant put it back on when/if he does end up our longterm NT.

28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Friday, August 13, 2010
    4:40 pm Does OLB Shawne Merriman believe that he is wanted long term? “Absolutely,” said Merriman. “I think everybody wants what’s best.”

4:37 pm OLB Shawne Merriman claims he does not need the defense built around him. “I’ve always felt that if you put me on the field that I will be able to make plays,” said Merriman. “You don’t have to build anything around me.”

4:14 pm What did OLB Shawne Merriman accomplish? “I did not accomplish anything at all,” said Merriman. “Its just that whole business part that you hate to deal with. I am just so glad that is behind me now so I can go out and play.”

4:10 pm Coach Norv Turner believes that OLB Shawne Merriman will quickly catch up. “He will be great in his first practice because he is an explosive player with great skills,” said Turner. Turner expects Merriman will play in the second preseason game.

3:45 pm RB Ryan Mathews and FB Mike Tolbert will share the running responsibilities when the first string is playing in Saturday night’s preseason game. The first string is expected to play between 20 to 25 snaps. Likely QB Philip Rivers will play less than that.

Everything is 56-day today but yay Tolbert to get some 1st stringer action at RB. AND 20-25 snaps for most starters?? NICE someone plz broadcast this game via inet lol...

29. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Figured id do some thread bumpin and update the RRs.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/SD

CBS has changed up their site layout as well.

Latest Chargers RapidReportsOver an hour ago - RB Ryan Mathews believes his game has improved throughout training camp. "When I'm running the ball, I'm more comfortable back there," he said. "With pass protection also. The first day I was out here, I couldn't pick up any blitzes." Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: RB
    Over an hour ago - Coach Norv Turner is looking forward to having C Nick Hardwick healthy. “I think it’s nice to have Nick back 100 percent,” Turner said. “He’s had a great offseason, he’s about 15 pounds heavier and he’s ready to have a great year.” Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - Coach Norv Turner says 13 to 18 roster spots are open for competition in preseason. "There might be some surprise guys make this team," he said. "I'm going to say, 'Well, God, I didn't see that coming, but he earned it over the four preseason games.'" Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - LT Marcus McNeil, a restricted free agent holdout, met with general manager A.J. Smith yesterday. "I think if you're meeting then that's a good thing," coach Norv Turner said. "I can't give you a sense of how it's going or where it's at." Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: OT
    Over an hour ago - For the second week in a row, coach Norv Turner changed the Thursday morning practice schedule. He opted for a short walkthrough instead of a normal practice. The intent is to rest bodies while still keeping the players' minds focused on plays. Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - Coach Norv Turner says he doesn't have a rule that restricts playing in games if you miss practice. Players who miss practice will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine if they will play or not.
    Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - Brandyn Dombrowski will likely get a considerable amount of playing time at left tackle against the Cowboys on Saturday. Tyronne Green missed practice today with a sore ankle. Tra Thomas is practicing but is still feeling some minor discomfort from having his knee scoped. Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - TE Richie Brockel (shoulder), G-LT Tyronne Green (ankle), OLB Shawne Merriman (achilles), C-G Scott Mruczkowski (ankle), ILB Brandon Siler (ankle), and CB Donald Strickland (hamstring), did practice and are day-to-day. Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - WR Malcom Floyd left practice after participating in red zone drills. Floyd is not injured. Coach Norv Turner just wanted to get Floyd some rest because he has been getting a lot of work. Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - The Chargers have been given a 24 hour extension to lift the television blackout. The team now has until 6 pm on Thursday to sell the remaining 1,000 tickets. Some Club seats are still available. Chargers RapidReports

Over an hour ago - WR Buster Davis (hip pointer) returned to practice on Wednesday night after missing practice on Monday and Tuesday. Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 3:22 p.m. - Veterans who are now transitioning from being a special teams player, to a regular contributors on offense or defense, do not want to give up their role on special teams. “I take more pride in special team,” FB Mike Tolbert said. “I love special teams!” Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 3:14 p.m. - QB Jonathan Crompton feels fortunate to have Philip Rivers and Billy Volek as tutors. “It’s huge,” Crompton said. “They are two of the best in the game right now at their position, so I am very fortunate.” Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 2:59 p.m. - LB Brandon Siler looks to build upon the success he had last year. “I hope I get to play more with the defense this year than I did in the past,” Siler said. “I still want to help on special teams.” Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 2:37 p.m. - The special teams participated in a light 45-minute workout Wednesday morning. Most of the focus was on proper punt formations. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: AFC West
    Aug. 18, 2010 10:36 p.m. - The injury situation remains the same as Monday. WR Buster Davis (hip pointer), TE Richie Brockel (shoulder), T Nick Richmond (knee), C-G Scott Mruczkowski (ankle), and ILB Brandon Siler (ankle) didn't participate in practice. Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 10:34 p.m. - FS Paul Oliver made a nice play to cause a fumble after a catch in Tuesday's practice. He's one of several safeties playing at a high level and competing for a job. "It's good for all of us," Oliver said. "We're all doing a good gob of getting each other better." Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: FS
    Aug. 18, 2010 9:54 p.m. - WR Josh Reed has caught nearly every ball thrown his way in camp, yet he is still uncertain of exactly what his role will be. “I’m still finding my way,” Reed said. “I don’t consider myself having a particular role yet.” Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 9:49 p.m. - Minimizing penalties will be an area of focus going into this Saturday's game. In the first preseason game, the Chargers received 10 penalties for 81 yards. This week in practice, both sides of the line of scrimmage have continually been plagued with infractions.
    Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 9:18 p.m. - RB Ryan Mathews will be wearing the dark visor, made famous by LaDainian Tomlinson, in regular season games. To wear a visor, players have to get medical clearance. "I've already cleared it with the NFL," Matthews said.
    Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: RB
    Aug. 18, 2010 8:58 p.m. - QB Philip Rivers is having one of his best practices in camp. He is effectively moving the ball around the field to various receivers and has avoided being intercepted Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 18, 2010 8:57 p.m. - OLB Larry English continues to get work with the first string despite the return of Shawne Merriman. Chargers RapidReports

Aug. 17, 2010 3:31 p.m. - Early in camp, Norv Turner on WR Buster Davis: “I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he’ll stay healthy -- that has been the biggest thing that has held him back.” Now, Davis is out with his second injury. “I think he’ll be fine,” Turner said Tuesday. Chargers RapidReports
    Tags: AFC West • Norv Turner • WR
    Aug. 17, 2010 3:26 p.m. - FB Mike Tolbert's role is that of a utility player. He will continue to be a vital part of special teams, block for RB Ryan Mathews, used as running back to give Mathews a rest, and frequently will get the ball in goal-line situations. Chargers RapidReports

30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Will have to finish reading these myself.

Love to hear MMac is gettin to business.

Also the part about Norv sayin some players will make the team and surprise some about it. Based on these 4 Pseason games.