1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Raptors in the middle of MULTIPLE DEALS~!!

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by MtlBoltsFan, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    BRIAN COLANGELO IS GEWD!!!!!!!1

"Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo wouldn't confirm the Jermaine O'Neal for T.J. Ford deal to the Canadian Press, saying the team was in the middle of "four or five" potential deals.

All players must pass physicals and a deal cannot be completed until Ford's BYC status is lifted.

The Globe and Mail reported that the Raptors and Pistons discussed a deal that would net Toronto shooting guard Rip Hamilton."
    --------------------------
    "The Heat already has received overtures from the Raptors, Pacers, Clippers and several other teams regarding Shawn Marion, according to a source.

Marion is seeking the type of lucrative extension Heat President Pat Riley appears reluctant to consider.

Marion became eligible to be traded only after he allowed Tuesday's 6 p.m. opt-out deadline to pass."
    ---------------------------

Let's NBA@!!!! Calderon and Bosh are untouchable and everyone else is up for grabs!!!!

2. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Raptors get the Australian Shaquille O'Neal!!!

[​IMG]

3. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    toronto will look like geniuses at first, especially if ford keeps getting hurt. i liked ford though. basically you guys downgraded the pg from ford to hill. idk about that

my biggest winner is by far miami. they got a guard to complememnt wade perfectly in chalmers, and of course beasley the beast. he and haslem will outrebound everyone next year, and if mourning plays, the heat will go all the way. charlotte, washington, and golden state had expectedly terrible drafts imo.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Marion is a possibility with the Heat picking Marion, Rip would probably be hard to get.

5. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    denver trades camby/nene + 2010 1st for redd/bogut and the draft rights to joe alexander?

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    :icon_huh:

Our PG is Jose Calderon who in my opinion is three times more efficient a player than Ford and more of a championship material type player.

Backup will likely be Roko Leni Ukic who is a sensation who is coming over from Europe and has great size, shooting ability, can drive, and has great passing ability and vision. Dude will be money in the NBA.

I agree Washington effed up badly as McGee is going to bust 99.2% and Walker has health issues and a weak jump shot.

I disagree about Charlotte's draft... I like Augustin on their team and I am very high on Ajinca. Kyle Weaver has potential as well to become an efficient role player at least but I would have gone with CDR at that point.

I don't see what's wrong with Anthony Randolph either... guy is very talented and can do it all on the floor.

Intriguing selections:

George Hill to SA #26
    JR Giddens to Boston #30
    Walter Sharpe to DET via SEA #32
    Goran Dragic to SA #45

Have a feeling one of those PGs are going to pan out for SA.

7. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    What?!?!?!? NM you are joking.

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    WTF the Celtics dudes are claiming Bill Walker is going to the Celtics for CASH :icon_shrug:

9. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    the warriors have a young pf already in wright. they basically got the same player today.

i think augustin will be a bust. hes too small and this was exposed big time against memphis. defensively he doesnt have enough. he reminds me of the next tyronne lue.

10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Pretty sure Randolph can play the 3?

11. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    dunno, lopez wouldve been good for GS though. at least now, barring trades, they can play the ultimate small ball. they will definitely be fun to watch

my question for toronto is, what are you going to do about anthony parker? the guy cant keep starting.

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Yeah GS is one heck of an explosive team. I give props to their fans they are among the best in the NBA.

Parker can still start for a year or two. Had some jaw dropping dunks last year but his game has always been jumpshot oriented. He and Delfino are an OK rotation at SG given that the team will be built around low post isolation with kick outs to the jumpshooters. As long as those guys continue to nail the long balls and play solid defense, they should fit in the system. Ultimately we could seriously use an upgrade at that spot but it is either upgrade at C or upgrade at SG. O'Neal gives us the interior toughness that we have gotten absolutely nowhere without, the past few years.

13. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    BTW the Tyrone Lue comparison I understand because of the skill set and size but Augustin IMO is a much better ball handler and has better court vision and natural PG skills and has more intangibles going for him. That alone should make him much better than a Tyrone Lue.

14. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49

im trying to think of sub 6 ft players who have excelled in the nba. im not getting anywhere past mugsy. if a guard is under 6 feet he should be dunking, as a rule of thumb. like nate robinson. or at least be a good defender, like chris paul. what bothers me is that charlotte has felton. hes still young they should stick with him. imo hes got more physical talent than dj, and given time should improve his passing. charlotte wouldve done well taking a big man to help okafor.

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Seriously McHale has to be the worst GM in the league, traded Mayo, Jaric, Antoine Walker, and Buckner for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Collins, and Cardinal

He's now traded Brandon Roy and OJ Mayo.

16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Nate Robinson can dunk and he flat out sucks :yes: Brevin Knight was a good one earlier on. TJ Ford. Jameer Nelson. Damon Stoudemire. Etc... there are others. All these guys were 1st round picks.

You could say Brook Lopez to the Bobcats but lots of teams had him as a DND.

17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +382
    Lots of people criticize the move because of Memphis' lack of a big man but I love setting the foundation with Mayo at SG and Gay at the wing. A big will come with time. Amazing trade by Memphis. Wolves are idiots even though Jefferson and Love should be sick inside.... Mayo would be off limits if I had drafted him.