1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rating the first 3 rounds...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SanDiegoRon, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Drag Conc's *** out there to take pics. He's great at getting everybody's bad side.

:icon_rofl:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    I cant make it. Taking the son to Merrit badge day in Temecula. We paid $50 for it last month.:icon_sad:

3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    and Dan - tomorrow we get:

4th - Ryan McBean, (3-4 DE), OK St., 6-4 286, 4.98 - we know what happens when Castillo or Igor go down... Cesaire is serviceable, but McBean's got the tools...

5th - Allen Barbre, Miss So., 6-4 302, 4.85 - maybe the fastest OG in the draft... great opportunity to get a pulling guard...

:tup:

4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Hell, doesn't matter the price. It's the time with the kid.

Have fun !!! :bolt:

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    I will. Would have liked to make mini camp. But I will have training camps. I wont have many times to see my son working towards scout ranks.

6. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Sounds good.

I dug Barbre up, and shared stuff on him with ftwbolt, then the fugger hit the national "sleeper" wire. Like that DT Walter Thomas man-boy from Mississippi CC.

Oh, and I want the CB from Cal Poly, Courtney Brown. Smart as a whip. Will grad with Engineering degree. From Berkeley, recruited by Tedford but wanted to get away from the "element" ..... so he landed on the Central Coast. Freak skills. A more raw version of Cro. I heard him interviewed on Sirius.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is what I am looking for....fast fast fat boys. :tup:

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    If it's a spelling merit badge, hopefully he takes after Mom. :icon_tease:

Have fun Conc, that sounds like a great time.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    :icon_eek: Et tu EC? Et tu? :lol:

10. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings:
    +288
    To those who doubt the Weddle pick you should have seen it today. I was at a draft party with Egals fans. After they got done going WTF for the Kolb pick they just put their heads down in disgust when we got Weddle :icon_rofl: Some left and the others couldn't even talk to me :lol: :yes:

Weddle is going to be a PLAYER make no mistake about that!

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Ain't that the truth ......

EC - I called the Waters pick. You got the Weddle pick. We fuggin' ROCK !!! :lol:

12. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :tup: :icon_rofl:

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Line up, I am gonna kick all yo arses! :icon_twisted:

14. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    With those boats you wear on your feet, you probably could ... :abq1:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    :trout: :beat: :conc:

:icon_rofl:

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671
    Craig Davis - B
    He's not a first rounder but he is what we need almost to a T

Eric Weddle - B
    AJ type of player but he's undersized, we gave up alot and I'm not sure we wouldn't have been better off making a Turner for MIchael Griffin trade instead

Anthony Waters - C+
    We need OLB over ILB but he's talented

Overall - B-

17. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    I would give us a A- to B+, you can make the arguement that we gave up too much to get Weddle but remember our 3rd is like an early 4th. So in the long run I don't have any problem with it. Now IF we can somehow grab McBean tommorrow I'll move the grade to an A+, Hell if we get McBean I say trade the rest of our picks and go home! Job WELL DONE!!!

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243

Niters Conc ..... strap 'em on tomorrow. Sunday is the day to find the real sleepers and value picks.

19. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    You got it wrong

Craig Davis - A-
    He's got speed and is more than a slot reciever which is what the other two big named receivers people expected us to take were. He has soft hands and very impressive game speed. Best WR available at that point. Good pickup for us.

Eric Weddle - A+
    AJ type of player but he's undersized, This guy will be good. He seems alot like Rodney in his prime. he can lay the hit on someone. He was named the number one strong safety in the nation by sporting news. He has played strong safety, cornerback, nickel back, quarterback, returned punts, punted, held for the field goal kicker and played safety on the kickoff coverage teams ... He has started in the defensive secondary since he was a true freshman ... after playing corner as a freshman, he moved to strong safety for 2004 and most of 2005 before moving back to corner to finish last season. This kid will be able to blitz and know how the recievers think. Great pickup.

Anthony Waters - A
    This kid will be good. Skill, size strenght and speed. If his knee is good to go we got the steal of the draft. I doubt Aj and Buddy would have drafted him if he wasnt ready to go (well at least by '08). he was the top tackler on Clemson's 11th-ranked scoring defense...had 109 tackles in 11 games. With the loss of Donny's tackles we could use this sort of help. Aj saw the need and AJ filled the need. He has a 35.5" vertical jump, which means he can go up in pass defence and block or intercept the ball. What is not to like with this pick. AJ and Buddy know what they are doing. Another great pick and the steal of the draft IMO. He was a frist rounder before the knee.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Night bro. Be safe!

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,671
    Optimistic
    I agree with Davis, he is basically what we needed at WR
    Weddle has questions about size but I love his heart and attitude
    Davis, decent pick but I'm not sure about a guy coming off knee surgery and again we've got outstanding depth inside with Cooper, Wilhelm, Dobbins and Polk, we need outside line backers.

I don't think this draft sucked but I won't give him A's accross the board.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Mark my words. Waters will be hella good. Wait and see young one, wait and see!:tup:

23. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    There seems to be a much happier feeling with this year's draft than last year's on both forums...

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Hey I blasphemed against AJ last season and paid for it. I dont doubt any longer the ability of AJ, Buddy and the scouting staff of identifying the really good football talents and getting them.

I hanestly have to say that AJ and staff are so far the best scouting staff I have seen with exception of perhaps the 70 somthing steelers who had 4 HOF'ers from one draft.

25. PhillyChargerFan

Ratings:
    +288
    :yes: :yes:

26. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Pretty good draft day...I think everything is falling into place for the Bolts. (Hi neighbor :icon_wink: I see your post up there too...:) )

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,641
    People are finally starting to believe in AJ's divine power, something a few of us have know for some time.

G'damn, what a great day.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,671
    That's definetely the case but there's got to be a happy medium between chicken little and concudan's lips super glued to AJ's butt.

29. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

When you say he is undersized that is by what they(scouts) would like him to be and by that he is undersized . However, he is 3" taller than Bob Sanders and they weigh about the same. Sanders is pretty good.
    He and Kiel are about the same size and Kiel sucked.

30. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402

Dude, Polk has been playing OLB all year last year and will do it again this year. He filled n for Merriman. Where you been?:icon_shrug: