1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RBs on the rebound: Six rushers poised for big turnaround in 2009

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, May 31, 2009.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Mar 28, 2007
    Here's the LT part:

"LaDainian Tomlinson. The Chargers' future Hall of Famer had career lows in carries (292) and yards (1,110), and his 11 rushing touchdowns and 52 receptions were one shy of his all-time lows. But look for Tomlinson to bounce back in a big way. He's motivated to quiet critics who believe age 30 is a death sentence -- he'll reach that age June 23 -- and that he's over the hill after carrying the load for eight seasons.

Besides that, Tomlinson should benefit from the return of outside linebacker Shawne Merriman, arguably the league's dominant defensive player and best pass rusher. San Diego struggled to stop opponents over the first half of the season and, consequently, it had to play a lot of catch-up in the fourth quarter. That meant more passes for Philip Rivers -- he ranked eighth in the league with a career-high 141 fourth-quarter attempts -- and fewer rushes for Tomlinson, whose 51 carries were the second-fewest of his career.

Coach Norv Turner undoubtedly would like to reverse those numbers. If the defense is strong, there should be more opportunities to run out the clock, which will mean more carries for Tomlinson, which should mean a big year for the franchise's all-time leading rusher. Injuries slowed Tomlinson early in the season and during the playoffs, but he's healthy now and motivated to show he can still be a dominant force."

You can see who the other RBs are here.

I didn't see this posted any where, so I figured I'd shared it with you all. If it's already been posted then oh well, here it is again.
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

I'm sure that most of you have read the same offseason accounts of LT that I have. They sa y that he looks sharp & quick.

I for one hope that he has a monster year & helps the team win their first Lombardi.

:icon_toast: :bolt: :flag: