1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Really Chargers Fans?

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by Chargersnemesis, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Chargersnemesis

Chargersnemesis Come out and plaaaaeeeaaaaayyyyy

Ratings:
    +0
    So I have to ask you all...how is it possible that your franchise savior Phillip Rivers is a playoff bust and even with one of the best teams in the league for a few years and almost always talked about for going to the Superbowl they haven't made anything of themselves? I really want to know. Also, I would really like to know how even with your star QB throwing 313 yards and Ryan Mathews breaking 100 yards in week 17 TIM TEBOW almost managed to beat you. Great defense there lmao.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,869
    Almost doesn't count in the game of football.

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,869
    But, given your derogatory remarks about Tebow I'm assuming you're either a Chiefs or a Raiders fan?

Either way, why haven't you had the balls to tell us yet?

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Soooo what team do you support? Hmmmm?

6. Chargersnemesis

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't able to get on earlier saying as how I had stuff to do besides sit in front of a computer all day long but I actually support the Broncos believe it or not. I am not a Tebow fan...I was a Cutler fan. Oh, and Hollywood...I've got balls for days! So why didn't anyone answer my question, hmmmmm?

7. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Wow, you're so so much cooler than us. 'Cause you were busy and stuff. I mean, posting pitiful jabs on other fanbase's message boards just to stoke your ego on the internets is WAY cooler than posting on your own team's board during the workday.

Oh, I believe it all right.

Shocking.

Uhh... thanks for the info :sick:

Since I'm in the mood... (and no one talks about my Philip that way *snapsnapsnap* :roflmao:)

No one answered you the first time because your question is idiotic.

One player can't do it all. If it was only about Philip Rivers and his talent we'd have rings by now, just like if it had been soley on the shoulders of LT in his prime. Football is a TEAM sport kid. We here at BT all are very well versed in our teams issues and missteps. We're not blind, just faithful. We don't have rings for a wide variety of reasons. I could ask you why it took the Donkey's so long to get one with Elway, and there would be plenty of reasons. Many of which have nada to do with Elways skills and/or performance in a given season.

You clarify that you're not a Tebow fan (and clearly aren't a PR fan) but were (are?) a fan of Cuddles? A QB who isn't worthy of holding PR's jock. Who has a **** work ethic and bad footwork. Who is wasting his god given talent by behaving like an entitled douchebag... Oookay. Whatever floats your boat man. Please, by all means, continue to hate on PR. His stats, dedication to the sport and wholesome family values should provide you with plenty of fodder I'm sure. I know whatever you bring to the table, should be worth a chuckle or two and I do love a good chuckle.

Chargersnemesis. Cute, but hardly fitting.

So, some cliffsnotes for you (since multiple paragraphs of logical information might be a bit much for your misguided noggin to handle): Your smack talk is weak and your team sucks it's own dirty donkey balls.

Night! :inlove:

• Like Like x 4
  8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,869
    The classic "you replied to me so you must be sitting in front of the computer all day" retort. You must be getting your material from a "Trolling for Dummies" book.

9. Chargersnemesis

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmmm...where should I begin?

I actually do post on a Broncos board and it's quite refreshing to see another Chargers fan (besides the ones on the Broncos board) actually saying something intelligent so I give props to you for that.

Wasn't LT still in his prime when the almighty talents of Philip Rivers came on board? Unless that is LT hasn't done anything since 2006 when your dreamboat PR became starter.

I for sure know football is a TEAM sport. Oh yeah and I'm not a kid either. Elway never got a ring until he had a good team around him because like you said about LT in his "prime" he couldn't carry the team on his shoulders to win a SB he could only carry them enough to make it to 3 of them.

I'm glad you do at least understand the greatness that John Elway was! Before there was TD, Rod Smith, Ed Mccaffrey, and Tom Nalen there was nobody to help him win the super of the bowls.

Actually Cutler has a pretty good work ethic I'll try to find the article on Profootballtalk about how he worked on his footwork during the lockout, and who took the Bears with the worst o-line in the league and a top receiver who would possibly be on a practice squad on other teams to the NFC championship? He has work to do...yes...but, look at how he helped the number 3 offensive team in the league with 7 RB's on IR along with Brandon Marshall before Mcdumbf*** came in and screwed my team up!

How is Rivers not? by acting like a bully 12 year old? If you remember this game I was actually embarrassed by the way Rivers was acting for the Chargers fans and if this is what you all think is cool then I truly pity all of you.

Cutler just listened to the wannabe HS bully and walked to the sidelines calm and collective.

And exactly what values would that be? Act like your 12 when your in your late 20's?

Yeah, I could have thought of a better name earlier but did you really have to go encyclopedia on me? lol. On second thought though you are the only person on here with anything interesting to say so far so I by far feel I really have been victorious so maybe I am right with the name.

I can talk much better smack than I have been but I'm sorry to all the Chargers fans that don't understand half of what I say because it is too intellectual for their petite brains. My head is kind of big I have to usually buy the biggest hats to fit it so you know I'm sure there's a big brain inside my huge dome.

Good Night :tup:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I didn't know they could stack donkey **** this high.

11. Chargersnemesis

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't even know how tall I am...I could be 4'9 which I'm sure donkey **** has been stacked higher than that before.

12. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
    YAWN - this from a "fan" of a team that hasn't had a sniff of a playoff game since Rivers became a starting NFL QB? Your opinion is just like your team - irrelevant.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chargersnemesis

Ratings:
    +0
    Rivers became starting QB in 06 when the Steelers had a fluke win against the Broncos in the AFC Championship game...try again sir.

14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Okay lets get some things straight and have a little history lesson. Since facts don't seem to be your forte...

The Broncos lost to the Steelers in the 2005 season (the date was Jan 2006 but it was the 2005 season.) When Rivers was the #2 in SD. Trust me, I remember b/c this is the same season that Brees' shoulder got busted by the Broncos. Not an easy thing to forget for Charger fans.

In the 2006 season, PR's first year as a starter. LT hit his 27t, 28th and 29th single seasons TD's (against the Broncos at the Q - another memorable moment). Marty once again turtled a playoff game and Marlon McCree forgot how to just get on the damn ground in a heartbreaking loss to the Patriots in the Divisional round. Broncos finished 9-7, 3rd in the division and did not make the playoffs.

In the 2007 season, PR's second year as a starter. Billy Volek became a four letter word in Indy that post-season with the help of Michael Turner. Our season ended on a bitterly cold day in New England with LT, Gates and PR hobbled by injury in the ACFCG. Broncos finished 7-9, 2nd in the division and did not make the playoffs.

In the 2008 season, The Chargers season was rocky until they went on a December run, ending their regular season with a trimphant 52-21 win over the Broncos. Many people consider that game as "righting" the wrong the Chargers suffered at the hands of Ed Hochuli in week 2 @ Invesco field. The win gave them the ACFW Title for the 3rd year in a row and The Lightning Bug's performance vs. the Colts in the Wildcard round was epic and will not soon be forgotten. The Broncos finished 8-8, 2nd in the division and did not make the playoffs.

In the 2009 season, The Chargers season started slow but ended with an 11 game win streak to give them their 4th consecutive AFCW title and a 13-3 record going into the playoffs. A painful loss to the NY Jets still pisses a lot of us off, especially the spectacular ole by one Antonio Cromartie. The Broncos (who started strong at 6-0 only to completely collapse int eh 2nd half of the season) finished 8-8, 2nd in the division and did not make the playoffs.

In 2010 neither the Chargers, nor the Broncos went to the playoffs. The Chargers finished at 9-7, 2nd in the division. The
    Broncos finished at 4-12 in the basement of the AFCW.

So really, since Philip took the helm in SD, the Broncos haven't gone to the playoffs. At all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chargersnemesis

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I admit I was wrong about the year I thought it was the same season Rivers was starter but that was the year before for the AFC Championship game and yes I already know the history after that you didn't have to go year for year lol.

16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,014
    Correct my last - "fanboy" armed with google but still learning how to read/comprehend. <spit>

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    I enjoyed the matchup history revisit. Keeps reminding me why DEN fans cant say shiz. I also am not surprised your a Cutler fan, I am too. He had the best arm/ height of his draft class thus makin him my prefered QB. He did turn out to be a little bit of a prima dog. I still hope him well on his NFL path. U kno what is funny I wasnt sold on Jmar Russell for him being the biggest arm of his class. PHEW glad I never cheered for that guy since I heard his name/ background story.

Not like Rivers I was made aware of him around his drafting. I remember reading about his parents and how he was raised by a football coach and coached through his early years by that very same Coach. Read how he had married his HS sweetheart and started poppin kids out like mushrooms. I was pumped for him since I didnt think Brees was the right QB for us and honestly didnt see him doing much better than his best season with us. I also thought that injury would shorten his career drasticaly if not end it. It almost did only ATL and NO even considered working him out. Or was it ARIZ... either way it deffinatly was a gamble that paid off for NO more than they could have even hoped for.
    Phil would take your team to school, and I dont mean in his Minivan.

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    the last time the Broncos even sniffed the playoffs they had a 3 game division lead with 3 games remaining in the regular season, WHAT HAPPENED?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    you just admited you had your head up your arse, and you dont know what your talking about!

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    Oh Cuddles. OH Cuddles. How I miss seeing him in Denver... more like I miss seeing him getting thrown to the turf in Denver, and definitely miss seeing the Broncos yearly implosion and eventual collapse year after year... after year... after year...

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Just wait until Suh gets ahold of him. :D

23. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +247
    The will need the jersey number to identify the body!

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    with your teams pathetic play on Monday night, your worried about the Chargers?

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Neither this twit, zipzap, nor PowerTwat are anywhere to be smelled.

26. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,976
    kinda of like their teams!

27. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +345
    lol, there is nothing more than I love than to see a donks fan come in here and get owned by Sydalish! Dude if I were you I would pack it up and try your game on the Chefs or Raiturds boards cause you just got smacked in here.