1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Really? Really?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt-tastic voyage, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    From Marcus McNeill's twitter

"wat is it to do tonite?.. cant go to hard gotta mke curfew lol"
    11 minutes ago from web

"hopefully them Yankees got somthing planned tonite.. wat up CC"
    2 minutes ago from web

Seriously the dude just landed in New York and he's on twitter looking for a place to party. I mean I know its not saturday night but is it too much to ask as a fan for these guys to just not party when they are on a road trip for a game? They have the majority of the year to party all they want! This just pisses me off because the O-line certainly hasn't been our strongest link. You'd think they'd want to focus and maybe protect our 90 million dollar QB?

2. LIGHTS

LIGHTS BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    That is a little frustrating. He's young though, and its not like its Saturday night.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    He's in the biggest city in the world, on an off night (assumed) and he can't go out and party or have fun? Not everyone can or should be the quiet and mellow Philip Rivers

Come talk to me when he's doing it on a sat night, then he should ripped up one side and down the other.

4. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    At least there's a curfew. So he'll have a day + to recover from his antics. Although if he plays poorly you'll know why. I know as fans it's not something you want to see but he's in his 20's has a good amount of money and is in New York, I don't really expect these guys to stay in their hotel room.

Maybe it's time that the players institute another booze ban like they did a few years ago.

5. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Have fun,Marcus! :tup:
    Don't listen to some of these fans.

6. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
    I've been smoking with some of the star players on my college ball team :icon_shrug:

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Go party. Fine.

Don't fuc.king twitter about it.

We have some stupid m'fers on this team.

go bolts. :bolt:

8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,860
    What he said

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    I, personally, think twitter is dumb but I don't see how someone is stupid for using it.....unless they use it in a stupid fashion like complaining about team meals at training camp.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    He's not stupid for using it. He's stupid for using it to tell the world that he's going to go out and party tonight.

11. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Once again...Twitter brings light to something we typically would not care about...due to our ignorance. What we don't know can't hurt us!

Why give the Fans ammunition? Keep you private life to yourself and your team mates...we don't need to hear about it to enjoy the game. It can only tarnish a player’s legacy!

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Why is he stupid for telling the world that he's using his free time to party?

Are you saying it's ok for him to party on a Friday night as long as he keeps it on the down low?

Hell, he even specified that he has to be back by curfew.

It'd be different if it was Saturday.

I don't expect the entire team to be choir boys.

Who are we to judge these people anyways? We all get our drink on when we can. If it doesn't affect your job performance then what's the big deal?

Should my boss be concerned if I post on facebook that I'm going to go out drinking on a Saturday night?

13. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He's bored in his hotel room, no big deal. He's just venting so to speak. Now if he was actually at a club tweeting about partying it up, then it would be an issue.

I don't see it as a problem:no:

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    ...or he could use twitter more like Kassim Osgood did tonight. Rather than tweet about finding the parties in NYC, Kassim answered questions from fans on twitter. After a few hours he simply said "Hitting the bed now. Long day today."

Twitter is fine if it's used smartly by the players. I have no idea what Kassim did after he was done tweeting, but in my mind he's getting a good nights rest so he can be ready for tomorrow, and for Sunday. While in my mind, Marcus is getting drunk in some club. He might be able to handle it, but now I'll think being out partying is part of the reason if he gets beat on Sunday.

15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    So, it's Marcus Mcneil's fault people jump to conclusions?

16. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    In the 60' and 70's all these guys partied the night before the game and they could get away with it. But it is a much more competitive game now and you got to be fresh or you will get rolled on in this league.

We fly 5.5 hours across country, get off the plane and hit the Yankee party for 3 or 4 hours and do it again the next night. Meanwhile those big defensive linemen from NY are resting comfortably in homes.

In a profession where you only work 6 months out of the year why the hell do these guys need to party hardy during the season? I think in the modern game with the money involved it is simply unprofessional behaviour.

17. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Two things.....

1. He isn't in the biggest city in the world. He is in Secaucus, NJ. BIG difference. If they are where I think they are they have quite a few restaurants surrounding him (chain ones mostly). Granted they could probably grab a cab or limo to NY but too much of a hassle. Plus you are asking a taxi or limo driver where the hot spots are in NY, don't think that is going to get them too far.

2. I wouldn't doubt for one second if these guys talk amongst themselves knowing that the fans freakout over what they twitter. They pick a controversial subject, post it out there and sit back and laugh at everyones reaction. :icon_huh:

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Silly Americans,

NYC isn't even in the top three

:icon_tease:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    1. If you don't think that these guys headed into NYC, I have some land on the back of my property that I'd like you to look at purchasing - maybe you can get to it after a few years of drought. And yes - I see your location is NJ. I think they have the means to overcome the hassles that you or I would have getting into the city.

2. This may well be correct. Cheap entertainment. :lol:

Of course I would prefer that they take it easy & be fully rested & ready to go for Sunday. Hopefully they will be. Like McNeill said - there's a curfew. Let's hope that it is fully enforced.

As for putting their lives out on twitter - yeah, I think they're stupid to do it. But I think twitter is for self-absorbed teenie-boppers anyway, so that colors my view just a bit. :yes: :lol:
    Seems to me that there are enough ways to reach your friends & fans already w/o tweeting that you're getting ready to take a crap.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    A few questions.

1. How do you know they're doing it again the next night? Because Marcus McNeil said he's doing it last night?

2. How do you know the Giants players aren't out partying? Because none of them twittered about it?

3. Why is it ok for players to party the night before in the 60s and 70s but not ok for players to party two nights prior now? Because we didn't have to hear about it back then?

21. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Making me bring out the mat again!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. SDKCFAN

SDKCFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    If they lose on Sunday then everyone call yell about him out partying.

23. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    Even if they lose in a shoot out and Rivers never gets sacked? Or if he does he gets sacked from Clary's side?

I'm sorry, it's just not that black and white.

24. MONDO.

MONDO. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36

YES IT IS ABSOLUTELY TO MUCH TO ASK AS A FAN.

Dude, your not his mommy; he is a grownass man. He adheres to a curfew and a much more strict conduct policy than you or I. You gotta be kidding me, McNeil has dedicated his life to becoming a professional and playing the game; and what people like you that watch not do are going to judge him for what living life; lol try it out...

25. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,683
    Holy **** - when did going out for a couple drinks before 10-11pm (which I believe is their curfew - and also would be 7-8pm Pacific time) become a crime?

Ever heard of happy hour? if I go out for a couple cocktails and an appetizer sampler with my pals at Chili's on a Tuesday night should my boss get pissed b/c I might be too tired to work on Thursday?

Marcus is a good guy, he's a friendly outgoing guy who in general never tweets anything but inspirational quotes, but one night he says he can't go out and party hard but wants to know what's up in NYC and people flip out. :no:

26. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Much ado about nothing, methinks.

If only they had Twitter in the 60's.

Can you imagine Wilt Chamberlain's?

....just shagged another chic .....2374 and counting.....playing the Lakers in 20 minutes...

Now that would be Twitter I would follow :icon_party:

27. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    First two are based on alternative hypotheticals so I will answer only the third.

The answer is paychecks. These guys are making 100x what they made back then. These guys are enormous investments that come straight out of the fans pockets.

This team just has a certain amount of immaturity on it like the Bengals. It is also an inconsistent team that has a very hard time winning on the road in the Eastern time zone. I am sure the partying will help though.

But we all know what these guys do outside of the practice field on their own time does not affect their play on Sundays. Right Mr. Chambers?

28. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Pardon me while I take my adopted bolt back behind the woodshed...

[​IMG]

anybody got a stepping stool so I can look him in the eye? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Judging by his typing... looks like he's already had a couple drinks.

But I agree... as long as he's not out partying tonight, I don't see any problem with this.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,860
    So, their work ethic is more important because they're being paid more?

Sorry. that doesn't make any sense to me.

It's either going to affect his play or it isn't. Me? I think him going out for a few drinks two nights before the game and coming back in time for curfew is not a big deal.