1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Really? Really?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Bolt-tastic voyage, Nov 6, 2009.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It's hard to make that kind of assessment from a Twitter post.

Twitter forces you to make posts of 140 characters or less, thereby forcing people to resort to lame internet shorthand slang.

One of the reasons why I think Twitter is stupid.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    YES

YES (sometimes)

And... YES.

:lol:

3. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Why?

The actions remain the same whether he publicly discusses it or not. :icon_shrug:

Why? I don't work until Monday.

If my boss cares that I drink on Saturday night he can go **** himself.

That being said, my boss wouldn't care because he's a bigger drunkard than I am. :lol:

In fact, he's the one that clues me in on most of the alcohol sales in town. :lol:

Marcus McNeil is hardly responsible for other people's thoughts. That one was a rhetorical question.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Wilt wouldn't have had time to Twitter. :lttehghost:

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,887
    20-25 yr olds will collectively get in with whatever the modern fads are.

Twitter is a modern fad so a lot of the young sports players are following suit with the rest of the 20-25 yr olds who aren't in the public limelight.

I'm sure Wilt wouldn't have been any different had the information age started 25 years earlier than it actually did.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,178
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

7. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33

Young and stupid. Is it any wonder when we see these guys miss tackles and make boneheaded mistakes? A great deal of these young players are just mentally challenged. I mean, really, did they get to college because they were tops in their class in grade point average? I was watching some game last weekend where a kickoff or interception was being returned for a touchdown. The first guy into the endzone was one of the returners own men. Even before the ball carrier reached the endzone!! WTF? How about turning around and blocking someone who might be coming up from behind the ball carrier? It was a total dumb as s play..... but, these guys are so stupid, you just CAN'T teach them to use their heads and play smart.

Maybe he's young enough to recover in one day from a cross country flight AND a night of partying..... but if I were Norv, I'd have their f-ing heads in a basket. You want to party in NY? Wait till the off season and go there as a tourist like the rest of us. This isn't a damn business trip. It's...... well..... "business". D'oh!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    "Bored in his hotel room"? I've worked in NYC. There is PLENTY to do without getting hammered a day before you need to physically perform. And coming off a cross country flight, too. Of course, these mental giants wouldn't know that there are a few theaters you can attend. Or maybe an opera or symphony or concert or sporting event or movies or museums or sightseeing or just walking the streets watching the human show. I'm assuming, of course, that by using the word "party", he means indulging in alcohol to excess. If he just wants to hang out with some folks, I certainly wouldn't deny him that. Just remember why you're there and keep yourself clean so you can be at your best.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Where does it say he wants to get hammered?

In fact it says he cant go to hard...

Please explain where you are getting the information that he is getting hammered from.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I didn't see one reference to drinking.:icon_shrug::icon_huh:

11. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,887
    And where does it say a day before

It was posted on Friday night.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Don't step on people's toes while they're jumping to conclusions and calling Chargers players stupid because they're using the internet.

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,178
    Bottom line;

There are a lot of people who talk about going out and partying here. They then get mad if the players even talk about enjoying their off time.

Also get perspective people! Has McNeil been in any trouble? ANY? If not then maybe you should give him the benifit of the doubt!

14. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +292
    Glad you pointed that out I saw that and went WTF

15. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Partying or not, there is NO WAY we should be signing this guy to a huge contract after the season. The draft next year is deep at OT and McNeil has been regressing each year since his very solid rookie campaign. Our money needs to be spent re-signing VJ, Gates (who is coming due soon) and sproles as our top priorities....I'd definitely put Merriman at a higher priority than Marcus too.

OL and DL should be our priorities for our our first 4 picks next year.

16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'd try and bring him back. Never hurts to have the experience just in case even if you want to draft someone to eventually start over him and put him on the bench.

But I don't think I'd break the bank for him like I thought I'd be wanting to do at this point during his rookie year.

17. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    After 2006, I would have agreed that he was a mandatory signing right after Rivers.....Now, he's a very average LT at best. If he wants big bank, don't let the door hit cha......If we can sign him to a reasonable deal...maybe....but I think he should be moved to RT and we get a stronger all around LT through the draft.

18. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    First we need an offensive line... everything else is window dressing!

19. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,139
    Getting back to the topic, looks like that partying didn't really affect #73 that much. It's also good that we won. Thanks to our defense, that's what really saved the day for San Diego!

Go Bolts!

Pointy :icon_twisted: