1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for victory...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thread_Killer, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    There are so many people who can take credit for our great victory against the Colts. Here are two that I'd like to single out:

Thread Killer: I wore my knit cap at kickoff, since it gave us good luck in the second half against Tennessee. But as Peyton was driving to close out the first half, I could feel the mojo starting to wear off. So I switched to this ensemble right at the two minute warning:

[​IMG]

As soon as I came back downstairs, Cro had his interception, which started to change momentum our way. Once again, a strategic wardrobe maneuver by TK helped to give our beloved Bolts yet another playoff victory in the Norv Turner era! :tup:

PS. I decided to mix new with retro, going with a muscle shirt with the new logo, and a Charger hat from the late 90's. I think paying homage to the past appeased the football gods. :abq1:

Shawne Merriman: I wanted to make sure that number 56 got his due. Even though he went sackless in the second half, his pressure off the edge was huge for our defense.

What a great victory. It is after 2:00 AM and I am still happy and drunk!

:yes:

2. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    Thanks Thread Killer, I'm new here, but definitely appreciate your efforts yesterday. Any plans of attack for next week, or are you going to smoke screen?

Personally I felt I contributed with two prophetic calls myself. First was when Chargers were on the 35 yard line. I called a "40 yard pass to Chambers for the TD" Ok I'm bad at math, and Turner added an extra 5 yards, and made it a 30 yd pass. I was close.

Next, I see Volek come in. Hmmm, the optimist that I am, I know we still have a fightin chance. Ahhh, here is Sproiles, I announce "Watch Sproiles run it for a touchdown." Before you know it, we're all screaming, jumpin up n down, and everyone looks at me with a WTF.

Basically what I'm saying is, I willed these 2 touchdowns. And I'm happy to do it again. Already willing Tom Brady will see the grass many a times. Oh and also some tears at the end :)

17 - Ouch

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My boy Sproles comes up big again!!! :tup:

I continued w/my 2007 tradition of no Chargers gear & smoking a cigar. Seemed to work again.

Thanks for your undying efforts, TK. :tup: :abq2:

4. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Welcome to the board Slam. Keeping willing those scores for two more weeks!

:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

5. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    You're welcome, and thank YOU for keeping the karma going. It takes a lot of self control not to wear your gear during a playoff game.

:lol:

Here's a close-up of my lucky vintage Charger hat. It has been in the back of my rotation this year, since I bought three new hats this season. But I'll be sporting it proudly next Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Man, there are so many players who contributed to this win, has there ever been a more apt term than "Team Victory"?

I had four hours sleep, drank ten beers, and I'm not even hungover.

:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

7. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    THIS COMPLETELY ROCKS!!!
    Let's get PAST those PATS!
    :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    TK, why do you do this to yourself. You know your going to be crest fallen when this gets moves to the lounge.... ;) :lol:

Bring on the Patriots, there is no Joy in Bioltsville until the Lombardi is hoisted by LT!!!!

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Mike Scifres also deserves some love. Field position was so important against this Colts team.

I'll take Mike over Shane Lechler any day of the week.

:yes:

10. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Norv - plays to win... it's refreshing... he's turned into a "gameday general"...
    o-line - no sacks and opened holes... that 4th qtr drive to take the lead was all about them...
    Cooper - 16 tackles and a crucial PBU, O MY!!!
    Rivers - from his first pass to his last, absolutely "the chosen one"...
    VJ - finally starts to catch with his hands, and goes "elite" in a playoff game...
    SciFi - continues to amaze... he is a weapon...
    Sproles - little big-man - a huge TD when we had to have one...

... and we haven't lost since I started wearing my new #17 jersey... :lol:

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Jammer with the knock down boieeees!!!!!

12. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    PR - amazing
    Volek - clutch
    Burner/Spoles - stepping up big-time
    VJ/Chambers - solid
    Cro - playmaker
    Cooper - unsung
    Scifres - huge
    O-line - great

So many people made big plays. This was team football. The reasons for victory are every roster spot and every coach.

I do want to give props to Indy, Manning and Clark. Indy is a good team, we just happened to be better. Manning played great, those 2 INTs weren't his fault. Dallas Clark's route running on the first drive was awesome. I hate to say this, but he made Clinton Hart look like a high school DB.:icon_shrug:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Nice post!

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Nice work TK. :lol:

When LT went out I was actually a little excited for the Burner because I knew he could beat that small defense up. I called my buddy and told him as much and that I didn't want LT back in the game. I gurantee Shanaratbastard has a hard-on for the Burner. :icon_evil:

This was an AJ win all the way as far as depth. We beat them with our offensive backups in the 4th quarter. :lol:

15. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Good call, bdh. AJ has built the deepest roster in the NFL, and we're going to keep getting better.