1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Reasons for victory...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thread_Killer, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    There are so many people who can take credit for our great victory against the Colts. Here are two that I'd like to single out:

Thread Killer: I wore my knit cap at kickoff, since it gave us good luck in the second half against Tennessee. But as Peyton was driving to close out the first half, I could feel the mojo starting to wear off. So I switched to this ensemble right at the two minute warning:

[​IMG]

As soon as I came back downstairs, Cro had his interception, which started to change momentum our way. Once again, a strategic wardrobe maneuver by TK helped to give our beloved Bolts yet another playoff victory in the Norv Turner era! :tup:

PS. I decided to mix new with retro, going with a muscle shirt with the new logo, and a Charger hat from the late 90's. I think paying homage to the past appeased the football gods. :abq1:

Shawne Merriman: I wanted to make sure that number 56 got his due. Even though he went sackless in the second half, his pressure off the edge was huge for our defense.

What a great victory. It is after 2:00 AM and I am still happy and drunk!

:yes:

2. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +140
    Thanks Thread Killer, I'm new here, but definitely appreciate your efforts yesterday. Any plans of attack for next week, or are you going to smoke screen?

Personally I felt I contributed with two prophetic calls myself. First was when Chargers were on the 35 yard line. I called a "40 yard pass to Chambers for the TD" Ok I'm bad at math, and Turner added an extra 5 yards, and made it a 30 yd pass. I was close.

Next, I see Volek come in. Hmmm, the optimist that I am, I know we still have a fightin chance. Ahhh, here is Sproiles, I announce "Watch Sproiles run it for a touchdown." Before you know it, we're all screaming, jumpin up n down, and everyone looks at me with a WTF.

Basically what I'm saying is, I willed these 2 touchdowns. And I'm happy to do it again. Already willing Tom Brady will see the grass many a times. Oh and also some tears at the end :)

17 - Ouch

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    My boy Sproles comes up big again!!! :tup:

I continued w/my 2007 tradition of no Chargers gear & smoking a cigar. Seemed to work again.

Thanks for your undying efforts, TK. :tup: :abq2:

4. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Welcome to the board Slam. Keeping willing those scores for two more weeks!

:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

5. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    You're welcome, and thank YOU for keeping the karma going. It takes a lot of self control not to wear your gear during a playoff game.

:lol:

Here's a close-up of my lucky vintage Charger hat. It has been in the back of my rotation this year, since I bought three new hats this season. But I'll be sporting it proudly next Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Man, there are so many players who contributed to this win, has there ever been a more apt term than "Team Victory"?

I had four hours sleep, drank ten beers, and I'm not even hungover.

:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

7. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    THIS COMPLETELY ROCKS!!!
    Let's get PAST those PATS!
    :abq2: :abq1: :abq2: :abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,336
    TK, why do you do this to yourself. You know your going to be crest fallen when this gets moves to the lounge.... ;) :lol:

Bring on the Patriots, there is no Joy in Bioltsville until the Lombardi is hoisted by LT!!!!

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Mike Scifres also deserves some love. Field position was so important against this Colts team.

I'll take Mike over Shane Lechler any day of the week.

:yes:

10. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    Norv - plays to win... it's refreshing... he's turned into a "gameday general"...
    o-line - no sacks and opened holes... that 4th qtr drive to take the lead was all about them...
    Cooper - 16 tackles and a crucial PBU, O MY!!!
    Rivers - from his first pass to his last, absolutely "the chosen one"...
    VJ - finally starts to catch with his hands, and goes "elite" in a playoff game...
    SciFi - continues to amaze... he is a weapon...
    Sproles - little big-man - a huge TD when we had to have one...

... and we haven't lost since I started wearing my new #17 jersey... :lol:

11. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Jammer with the knock down boieeees!!!!!

12. JBerrier

JBerrier BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    PR - amazing
    Volek - clutch
    Burner/Spoles - stepping up big-time
    VJ/Chambers - solid
    Cro - playmaker
    Cooper - unsung
    Scifres - huge
    O-line - great

So many people made big plays. This was team football. The reasons for victory are every roster spot and every coach.

I do want to give props to Indy, Manning and Clark. Indy is a good team, we just happened to be better. Manning played great, those 2 INTs weren't his fault. Dallas Clark's route running on the first drive was awesome. I hate to say this, but he made Clinton Hart look like a high school DB.:icon_shrug:

13. Concudan

Concudan ...

Ratings:
    +5,336
    Nice post!

14. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Nice work TK. :lol:

When LT went out I was actually a little excited for the Burner because I knew he could beat that small defense up. I called my buddy and told him as much and that I didn't want LT back in the game. I gurantee Shanaratbastard has a hard-on for the Burner. :icon_evil:

This was an AJ win all the way as far as depth. We beat them with our offensive backups in the 4th quarter. :lol:

15. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Good call, bdh. AJ has built the deepest roster in the NFL, and we're going to keep getting better.