1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Receiving corps find a way to get it done

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/10/17/sports/professional/chargers/1_19_3610_17_06.txt <-- Click for the full article

By: MICHAEL KLITZING - Staff Writer

SAN DIEGO -- It's safe to say Eric Parker felt a little slighted before the start of the season.

"Our receiving corps was too little or wasn't experienced enough or wasn't fast enough," Parker said, referring to the chatter of the critics.

That rap has fallen by the wayside along with that brief revival of Martyball.

Five games in, the Chargers suddenly sport a stable of four proven playmakers.

Keenan McCardell and Parker ---- guys knocked for their age and fragility, respectively ---- have shown no drop-off, while once-unproven youngsters Vincent Jackson and Malcom Floyd are starting to come into their own.

Though none have produced eye-popping numbers thus far, the four haven't faltered when called upon.

"Outside of this group in here, everybody was saying, they've got the tight end, they've got the running back (but) do they have the core receivers?" said quarterback Philip Rivers, who had his first career 300-yard game Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers as 14 of his 29 completions went to his wide receivers.

"I think those questions have been answered and I think we never saw them as questions."

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    It certainly helps when Philip is throwin as well as he is!!:tup: :)

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    Absolutly! I was worried about the kid comming into the season. He didnt look good the previous two preseasons. He doesnt resemble that player at all now. he is the genuine deal!:tup:

4. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    "I think those questions have been answered and I think we never saw them as questions."

He sure is good with words

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Specially for one of them there Southern boys:icon_tease: