1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Referee Conspiracy? from the X-files

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by powayslugger, Dec 3, 2008.

How possible is the Referee Conspiracy theory?

1. 100% ... those f***ing zebras

6 vote(s)
  2. Possible but not very likely

2 vote(s)
  3. Maybe and maybe not.

0 vote(s)
  4. No way. These refs are pure as the driven snow.

0 vote(s)
  5. Dude- What are you smoking? (and can I have some)

6 vote(s)
  1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Dec 14, 2006
    Call me stupid but a lightning bolt of a thought struck me after reading the Hochuli piece. Suppose that the fix is on? Suppose that to keep major league crap from hitting the fan (due to his bad call) the word is out in the referee world... be sure the Chargers don't even come close to winning a playoff spot.

Because if the Chargers come close- but fall just short then it will be Big Ed's blown call that will get the attention. One of their fellow ref's will get scorched for his error. So is Big Zebra watching over the Chargers and ensuring they won't get a playoff spot?

How many phantom pass interference, boggus holding calls, ticky-tack penalties and judgment calls have decided games against our Bolts? fumbles that weren't. Calls overturned in the booth. Non-reviewable crap that when it's shown again on TV has everyone saying WTF?

Improbable- yes. But so are UFOs, The Grassy Knoll shooter, Bigfoot and the Lions winning a Super Bowl... but it could happen.

The truth is out there.
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Let's not turn into Raiders fans.

Even if there's some kind of conspiracy going on it doesn't negate the fact that the team has been playing like ****.
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    Isn't it funny how magnified every little detail becomes when you're playing like ****? Every call, every bad play, every turnover, every word out of a players' mouth, everything.

If we were winning no one would give a **** putting everything under a microscope or concocting conspiracy theories.

FTR, WE got the majority of calls in Pittsburg AND vs. the Falcons and STILL couldn't win.
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Nov 11, 2007
    I voted 100% only b/c i ****ing hate zebras :D not just in our games but across the NFL. Until the NFL starts fining refs for their ****-ups I won't trust them one bit.
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Aug 20, 2006
    If anything... the fix is in FOR THE BOLTS TO WIN... and they still can't get it done. That's the problem with this team. They constantly find reasons to shift the blame. Fuuck that.

Why don't you just go ahead and present a bullet-pointed, itemized list (by game) of each and every call you think is suspicious.

This team can't even lose correctly (see Polamalu's TD reversal).

This is some bullshiit man. :tdown:
  6. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Aug 17, 2007
    No Conspiracy, Norv is a terrible HC, good OC. LT is either aging, or our O-line sucks, or a little of both. Rivers is a very good quarerback, esp concerning stats, but has choked 3 or 4 games.

We miss Merrimen, because Oshansky, Castillo, Philips, the other no name LBs are all support players to Merrimen, and not individual standouts. This team is blah, and uninspired. The defensive backs lack production of attacking the QB, due to the chain reaction Merrimen provided through the rest of the support players listed above. Weddle is not a starting NFL Safety, if you are going to be small, at least be fast.

This team sucks, our SB window is closing on us. AJ is stubborn, and will lock the window sill. Dean Spanos is a richboy moron, who has never worked for anything in his life and has been handed the team by just the opposite Alex Spanos, who has worked very hard for his money.

Go Lakers!

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Oct 13, 2006
    We've had some horrible officiating that hurt us but we've also had some horrible officiating that should have helped us.

A good team would have slammed the Steelers into the ground if given all those opportunities!!!
  8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Jan 19, 2006
    agreed, but you can't deny we were getting every minor call against us that we could for every other game of the season