1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Refs and Titans Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I may be way off from what everyone else thinks around here, but that was one physical game back and forth yesterday.

I take my hat off to the refs for letting the game be played. The tone was set early that is was going to be physical. The refs, keep their flags in thier respective pockets and let the boys play it out.

Thanks Refs...Sometimes non calls are OK as long as they go both ways. I thought on a few occasions we were interfeared with and I think Wilhelm got away w/one on his deflection.

TBF

2. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    They took off the kid gloves that is for sure. You could hear the hits on the TV easily.

I am just glad the Karma bus dropped us a rose on that Chambers call instead of a big turd.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

I disagree. The officiating crew was the same one form the JAX vs. Chargers game.

I saw 7 noncalls against the Titans, several were very, very blatant. I call BS!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I liked how they got in there and told the players to shill before things got out of control.:tup:

5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I know you were there, and had a much different angle on the game, so I appreciate your disagreement. But, you can't argue the Wilhelm, no look back arm deflection...That was PI all the way that we got away with...We could have also been flagged on Merriman v Young...It wasn't dirty, but he did hit a QB going the other way. I garantee it just wasn't seen.

TBF

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Eh, the refs missed some calls yesterday, but by & large it was a tough, hard-hitting, shiite talking, nasty game. It went both ways.

7. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't think they can call PI if the defender makes contact with the ball without touching the receiver. The ball becomes uncatchable with the deflection.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I didn't think Wilhelm was "face guarding". That's usually the justification for a penalty in that situation.

But damn... yeah... that was one of the hardest hitting games I've ever seen.

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    "Face guarding" was taken away a few years ago.

10. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I keep hearing it from everyone. THat the refs did a horrible job in this game. I'm just short of saying they purposely did a lousy job in this game. Its like they were paid to look the other way. I'm so pizzed at them now. Wheres my baseball bat.

The nfl just to be fair should come out with a memo saying that head hunting and cheap shots are fine now. Go ahead and do it.

11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I love hard hitting football, I've said it in these very forums, that I don't mind see a PI, PF or an occasional cheap shot. Let the boys play.

12. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Not to mention Dielman with a fine line late hit out of bounds.:tup:

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Isn't it only face guarding interference if you don't deflect the ball? It thought if you defected it, then there is no pass interference???

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    For what it's worth, I'm with sdbound on this.

The non-calls were WAY one sided. The Titans got away with more crap than I've ever seen live in an NFL game. I don't mean the usual offensive holding or the debatable pass interference. I mean the cheap shots, and dirty play away from the ball. It really was bad.

The hit on Buster Davis after he was down on the punt was cheap. One or two hits on Merriman. Late hit by Mawae on Jamal that should draw a fine. Low shots at PR. Extra smashing of Harris helmet into the turf by a guy that held him on the TD run ..... lots of crap.

15. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The Buster hit was well after the whistle. Not only was that hit late, but it was low and cheap and Buster really could have been hurt on that play.

I also saw the hit on Harris. The lineman tackled Harris and then landed on top of him, pounding both fits into Harris' helmet. Very cheap. Mawae did that a couple times in that game as well. The play was over and he hit defenders in the head.

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Horse collar by Shawn Phillips...

I really think people are fogetting everything they see...I'm call'n homer...

I recall seeing Dielman on the ground giving some MMA Ground and Pound as well.

TBF

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I noticed Vander Bosch pushing peoples faces and head into the turf quite a bit after the play was over.

But I cahlk that up to hard playing and trying to intimidate. Show me a D lineman who doesnt do that.

18. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I was only pissed when they called that PI penalty on LT. That man knows how to play in tough games, and he was just dishing out punishment so that the Titans knew we could.

19. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    yeah like when they called chambers' "catch" on 4th and 5 a completion.
    ball sure looked like it was on the ground to me.
    inconclusivito...gotta love it.
    thanks zebras.