1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reggie Bush anyone?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by two1, Jan 24, 2013.

1. two1

two1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    My cousin brought this to me and I thought i'd bring it to the community. He's willing to bet everything that we will get RB. He say's one RB is a free agent, he's from the SD area and would want to come back here to play, Miami isn't going anywhere so now would be a good time to get out, Matthews is fragile and isn't going to last, RB would work well with Rivers out of the back field as a dump off, and RB had a strong season last year. I don't know what do you all think?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    doesnt peek my interest...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    It would depend on the return.

He's only 27 and has done well for Miami the past two years.

If he came for a good price I'd be all for it, but I also don't think this team needs to be giving up too many draft picks at this juncture and OL is a more pressing need.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,232
    Now instead of Bush... Could we get Jake Long?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    If we got him for a decent price then absolutely. Mathews plus Bush when both are healthy is a great combo, and we certainly do need a legit #2 RB.

I'd be happier sending some money on a tackle instead though.

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,505
  7. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    A little bush would be fine at the right price but not something to mortgage the farm for.

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Well he is a FA, signed a 2 year/$9.75M contract in 2011. If he is willing to sign a similar contract like that, maybe a 3-4 year deal I'm willing to do it. He's rushed for 2,000+ yards, 500+ receiving yards on 78 receptions and 15 total TD's. Has played 31 of 32 games as well. He'd be a good fit here and I'm all for it.

But again comes down to the price he comes at, and also what we have in cap numbers. We have Mathews, Brinkley, and Baker as our contracted RB's. Not too excited about that. We obviously need to do something here. Whether it's FA or the draft, we need a solid #2 RB to back Ryan Mathews.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +237
    I'd take him, love how he schooled the Jets this year.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,648
    Alot of it depends on price and what I wonder is are the Chargers looking for someone who can compete with Mathews or are they looking to outright replace him? If it's the former, then it'll be a mid range FA or a mid round draft pick but if its the latter then Bush for the right price might be coming.

Agree with Conc, rather put the money into Long