1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Reich to Bills

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by gonzokrb, Jan 1, 2015.

1. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Coach Doug Marrone just resigned. Andre Reed making the pitch to bring in Reich.

• Like Like x 1
  2. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    @RapSheet: While Frank Reich looms as a top candidate for the #Bills, he will also interview for the #Jets — who are interested in Doug Marrone too

4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    There should be a question mark in the thread title. Without it it makes it sound like you're reporting this has officially happened.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    I would think that Reich is not quite ready to be head coaching material. Maybe a couple more years at being a successful OC might give his resume a boost. It's not like he is the second coming of Lombardi or Paul Brown yet...

6. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,157
    FIFY :)

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    The OC candidates are bare and none. Reich started off well in the first 7 games or so, he then fell off along with injuries and McCoy's restraint of aggressive play.

Either way, I wish all the best for him and his family. It seems Buffalo is the perfect place for him to land a HC, with his history and all.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Reich isn't going anywhere. He'll be back on the Bolts sideline next year calling the plays for possibly Rivers last year as a Bolt. How sad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Highly doubt any of that happens.

Reich clearly gets loves from the players, coaches and front office. Seems admirable for a HC, but game planning, in-game adjustments, etc. he will struggle as a HC. But, if he did retain Jim Schwartz and also brought in his own OC that has HC experience, he would be just fine in Buffalo. He just needs to find or develop a QB and Buffalo is a very, very good team.

As for Rivers, I can't possibly see him playing anywhere else. Lock him up, but you better get an OL that can protect him and another playmaker and RB.

11. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    Yeah what's with Rivers sounding like he's not sure he wants to come back? I always thought he seemed like he wants to be here for life.

12. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    It's a business and at day's end I see Telesco looking for Rivers' replacement
    sooner rather than later. That's how a good business survives. Preemptive strikes
    aren't just for the U.S. military.
    Just get us some athletic fatties. I'm going to judge the hell out of TT Boy's next
    draft. There better be some 300+#'ers in there.

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I don't know how many years Rivers has left and won't hazard to say. PR doesn't have to look back very far to remember what happened with Tomlinson being promised his career wouldn't be in vain. Who doesn't know what getting the hell out of Dego did for Brees, I'm sure he has no complaints.

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Where is this rivers interview where he sounds or openly says he doesn't see his career ending with the Chargers?

Is it on twatter?

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^It is a BoltBeat article. Are they credible?

16. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Um, no. It's more of a blog site, heavy on opinions.

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    It's called negotiating. Players entering contract years don't gush about how they can never see themselves playing anywhere else. Rivers is not going anywhere. He just wants to make sure that the FO does right by him and gets him the players he needs to keep from getting killed.

18. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    The comments were made to local reporters. And it wasn't like Rivers said he wanted to play elsewhere. McCoy and Telesco both said they wanted Rivers to end his career with the Bolts. Rivers was asked about that and he basically said he hadn't really thought that far into the future. People are reading way too much into Rivers' comments. In the same presser, Rivers also said he hadn't really thought about whether he wanted to play beyond 2015, and does anyone really think Rivers is going to retire after this year?

19. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Businesses also fail all the time by spending their time trying to find the next big thing while ignoring the thing that made them successful in the first place. I very seriously doubt that the Chargers will spend a high draft pick on a QB this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
  21. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    That's what I figured.

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Please quit figuring, you have the whole place filled with burnt fruit loop smoke.

23. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    I'm glad this conversation came up because a question came to mind that's probably not worth its own thread. You're Tom Telesco, the phone rings, and a team offers you two firsts and a third for PR. Do you even consider it?

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Do you really think Reich is ready for a HC position in the NFL?.... I also have no clue as to how or what Philip Rivers is thinking about. I do know what he supposedly sent in a text though I can't verify it.

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wh0 knows. The same questions were asked about Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh when he was made a Head Coach after just one year as a Coordinator...

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I'm asking a legit question as most folks don't think he can handle the OC job so it set me to thinking what makes him a HC candidate.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    He has been involved with Football most of his adult life, has been coaching for what, 12 years, has seen how multiple organizations work. What makes his not a HC candidate?

28. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    A serious lack of hands on. JMO.

29. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    He seems like a players coach. And that's what Buffalo is leaning towards, maybe Marrone wasn't a 'players coach' and their trying to bring that culture into Buffalo.

I have no clue about Reich. Like I said, game planning, in game adjustments, etc. all are huge question marks. He has served under some great head coaches though. He may be ready, he may not.

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Again, Mike Tomlin had even less experience (and only one year as coordinator) and he took the Steelers to the Super Bowl twice... How should someone get hands on experience as a Head Coach other than being a Head Coach? He has been in coaching something like 12 years... Playing for probably close to 16...