1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Reid Shows Interest in San Diego

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltsFanTX, Dec 29, 2012.

1. BoltsFanTX

BoltsFanTX BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    NO!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,777
    Wouldn't it be the new GM's job to hire the new HC???????

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    You know what, I Googled Reid's career and I will grudgingly admit...the guy is nothing like Norv Turner in terms of success. He has as many NFC Championship Appearances than Norv Turner has winning seasons...and in the NFC East, a vastly more impressive division than the pathetic AFC West.

After this season he's not going to be in my top 5, but you won't have to put me on suicide watch if he is hired.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,924
    The years the Eagles went to the NFCC game the NFC East really wasn't as tough as it's become in recent years (save the year they lost to Arizona in it).

In fact, the year the Eagles went to the SB under Reid, the 2nd and 3rd place teams in the NFC East were both 6-10.

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    All good points.

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    So, you're saying he really is a lot like Norv. ;)

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Unless the GM has the last name of Spanos. ;)

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,666
    Ten plus years of success in a very very tough town to coach. Has a tenure almost as long as Dick Vermeil and more wins. 5 NFC championship game appearances and won five straight NFC East titles.

Why would this be bad again?

He's not my top choice by any means but he'd be a lot more acceptable than Norv was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    If you were freezing your *** off in Philly every year, you'd be "interested" in San Diego too.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Becuase he would likely want GM powers like he had in Philly, which lead to the roster they currently have

12. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,773
    Deal breaker then. Doesn't sound like A.G. Spanos wants to reinvent the whole organization.

Reid has to understand he's not going to get that kind of power again, I'd be surprised if he demanded it from any team.

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,666
    If he does demand it then he won't get them and he won't come here. Win win. I like Reid more than most but no way he becomes GM too

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    He didn't have GM title, but he is Executive VP Of Football Operations and the GM reported to him. So he has the power that we should never give any HC

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    I'll set the record straight that I'd definitely take Reid over Norv, but Reid winning the NFC East those five years in a row is only slightly more impressive than Norv's 3 straight AFC West titles. It is more impressive, he did have some real competition on occasion, but the NFC East wasn't all that strong those years.

16. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    His personal life has turned into a horror film in the last two years.

17. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,666
    He had alot more competition than the chargers did for most of those years too. Reid also won it after taking a losing franchise and building it up in two years. Norv took the ferrari and crashed it into a ditch immediately. And reid won in a city with a fan base that wouldn't take 1/50th of the crap chargers fan take, regardless of the logic.

Re his personal life he lost his son to drug overdose. That's the drama. Really? Not issue any longer

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Are we seriously arguing Reid had more competition in the early 2000s when everyone viewed the NFC as a big joke?

19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You're son was a horrible drug addict and basically killed himself earlier this year, and you think he's just going to get over that?

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    People adequately cope with family deaths all the time.

No, you don't ever truly "get over it", but most people cope with it well enough that it doesn't affect their jobs or their ability to move on in life.

21. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    His team has completely fallen apart, and it appears to coincide with the timeline for these events. I don't think that he's coping with it, or that it's effectless on his work

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    I think that has a bit more to do with ****** QB play, a M*A*S*H* unit playing offensive line, and other football-related issues than it does his son's death.

23. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    They had these issues in 2010, and were a playoff team. I don't think that their line collapsed and Vick went full retard in 2011 for no reason.

Does Reid look like he's running on all cylinders to you? He doesn't to me.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,924
    Have you seen the line they're fielding this year? I don't think last year compares.

Even so, the incident is still fresh. You can't just assume he's going to cower into a shell the rest of his life.