1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Remember LAST YEAR Norv?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by S.D.Love, Oct 18, 2009.

1. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The ONLY reason we made it into the playoffs last year was because Denver CHOKED!!!!

I appreciate the Colts playoff win, but how can Norv really take credit for this?

Time to STEP IT UP! If you don't beat Denver tomorrow you're trash dude!

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Right.

Winning 4 games in a row to end the season had nothing to do with it.

I'm hardly Norv's biggest fan and I recognize the fact that we wouldn't have been in if Denver didn't collapse, but people always conveniently forget that the Chargers still had to win those games to get in.

It'd be different if they started 8-2 and kept losing and were lucky that Denver kept losing as well.

3. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Come on man, tell us something we don't know! So much potential squanered year after year. Its true we made it cuz Denver choked but Denver only had a chance bc we Choked to start!

4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Who the hell cares about last year.

Are we turning into raider fans???

:icon_huh:

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We realize that we had to win those games but like you said "we wouldn't have been in if Denver didn't collapse."

BOTTOM LINE... 8-8 SUCKS!!! We were just lucky as Hell that it was enough to make the playoffs. Damn Freakin' Lucky!!!

If we lose tomorrow, that should be the final dagger into this season (unless another Denver meltdown happens, which is highly unlikely). That means, it's time for AJ to kick Norv out of his bed!!! :yes:

6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    I'm not going to pretend last year is what I want to happen all the time or that we can get in the playoffs like that all the time, it's just a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people discuss it like as though the Chargers didn't do anything to help their cause.

7. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I don't care if the Chargers go 1-15 and still make the playoffs! :yes:

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    It required both

We wouldn't have been in that hole if we had gotten our **** together earlier and not waited til the end of the season to figure it out.

We wouldn't have made the playoffs if Denver didn't fall apart

And we wouldn't have made them if Norv didn't lead the team marvelously in the last month and a half.

It required all of the above and that's unlikely (at least with the denver choke) to happen two years in a row.

So let's just win it early