1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Report: Chargers have the 'mental fortitude' to over come

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 11, 2013.

1. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +164
    So Philly ran the most offensive plays last week... maybe they can give Rives and our offense some pointers then. If only a productive running game was in the Chargers future. What's the story with Ragina Mathews? Was the guy really hurt (again) or what? Or maybe he ran out of Maxipads and coach had to take him out.

There's just something about running the football and chewing up the clock that sounds like a good way to keep OUR DEFENSE on the sidelines to get some rest. Of course after all those years of watching N*rv coach the team perhaps the NFL has abandoned that idea... after all... N*rv is an "offensive genius". I keep hearing how I have remember those great Cowboy teams (of the 1990s).

Help me try to understand why we kept Ronnie Brown after we signed Woodhead and cut a power runner type in Baker? I mean why have two third down backs when, he keep hearing that Mathews is a three down back?

Sorry for the rant but feeling really frustrated that Week one looked more like N*rv Turner version 2.0 than the new, fresh Charger team we were promised. Nothing changed except there's a new guy wearing the headphones on the sidelines.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,190
    It is a little early to call McCoy's scheme Norv 2.0. If we run the football and gain from -2 to +0.5 yards, it doesnt help us run anything out, except our Defense onto the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,147
    The team strapped on a pair, and played filly on their own terms. Yeah, the D got pushed, but the Offense did what it had to do and we get the win.

4. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +456

Mental Fortitude: Check!

• Like Like x 1
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    No let up. That is all!!!!!.

• Like Like x 1