1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Report: Top four teams have discussed trading down

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 23, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Report: Top four teams have discussed trading down

Posted by Mike Florio on February 23, 2010 1:22 PM ET
    Amid rumors that the Rams have talked about trading out of the first overall pick and a report that the Lions have talked about sliding out the second spot. 2, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that each of the teams holding the top four picks -- the Rams, Lions, Buccaneers, and Redskins -- have had talks regarding the possibility of moving back.

The problem is finding someone who will be willing to trade up. With this year's talent pool believed to be as deep as ever, teams will be less willing to give up multiple picks than in the past. And with a rookie wage scale not yet implemented, the teams who pick in the top five or so this year will have the privilege of likely being the last to cough up gigantic contracts for unproven players.

Then there's the outdated chart that assigns a point value to draft picks. Last year, the Chiefs tried to trade the third overall pick to the Lions in exchange for the 20th overall pick and the first pick in round two. The proposed swap created a gap of 770 points based on the chart -- and the Lions still said no.

So unless one team decides that there's one guy who stands head, shoulders, and other body parts ahead of the other incoming rookies, the chances of a trade being accomplished are slim.

Maybe, in the end, we'll finally see a team intentionally pass.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/23/report-top-four-teams-have-discussed-trading-down/

2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,696
    Nobody wants to be the last to dole out a huge contract to a top 5 pick if there is going to be a rookie wage scale next year.

3. Lightning_Dynasty

Lightning_Dynasty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310
    If one of those teams would be willing to take Cromartie, I'd say trade, trade, trade.
    But only because I would love to have Spiller in Lightning Bolts....
    Other than that I'm fine with the 28th overall pick.

4. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    I wonder how Suh would go as a NT?

If he packed on a few extra pounds...hes certainly got the raw power and top work ethic to make the switch IMO!

Maybe we could trade St Louis... our 28th pick, Antonio Cromartie and a 3rd this year and next years 2nd!

5. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeh but spiller in the top 4 is a waste! Get Berry if u trade or get SUH!

6. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    We shouldn't trade up. I hope we don't. There is far too much talent in this year's draft. If anything, we should trade down.

7. Vinny ECB

Vinny ECB BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    Sure there's talent out there in the draft but the Bolts need to bring in some impact players. They don't need a bunch of draft picks to accomplish that. If its possible to get #2 from Detroit, then make it happen! Suh or McCoy is the kind of player SD needs. Move Cro/#28/other(s) TBD. I'd jump out of my pants if they pulled that off!

I'm hoping the Bolts can resign Sproles so they work on drafting a bruiser RB. I recall some of the members expressing the opinion of trading for Carolina's DWill or someone of that caliber. If its possible, then make it happen! The only problem w/ that is I don't get the vibe that AJ will hammer the phones in that fashion.

I'll keep hope alive till the draft.