1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Repping in Oakland

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltsUK88, Oct 5, 2016.

1. BoltsUK88

BoltsUK88 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey, I linger in the background on these boards and love listening to the show, but thought id just throw this out there..

Heading to Oakland on Sunday to tick it off the bucket list and just wondered if anyone had been to a game there before and can offer any words of wisdom!? I'm going with a fellow Brit and an Aussie and will wear our colors behind our teams bench (what's left of them).

Been to plenty of home games before but first time on the road...

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Good luck, should be interesting...

3. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +349
    You are braver than me! :D

¬°Suerte!

4. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    Have fun

5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Their season ticket holders by-and-large are actually pretty decent folks; and admittedly it's more than a little humorous for a guy all Raider-painted up to tell you that he's a corporate bean-counter during the week.

Like every fan base they have their douchebags - the ones in Oakland, at least I've noticed, number less than the ones from LA who make the trip down to visit us in beautiful San Diego on the annual. If you elect to take BART to the game, you are guaranteed to meet said douchebags, because they like to try and crowd anyone in rival gear up against the wall of the train as much as possible because they've got the pack mentality and a lot of the Raiturd fans that take public transportation fancy themselves the domestic equivalent of European soccer hooligans (in reality though, they think they're Chelsea Headhunters when in reality they're like the Yid Army- Note: Loren, nothing anti-semitic intended in using that word, that's what the particular supporters group in North London anointed themselves).

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    I've been to 4 games @oak when I lived in the Bay Area. Got a beer shower once from the deck above when I was walking up for a beer. It pissed off the raider fans near me who took collateral damage and dude got ejected. For the most part there have been no issues. Just the one time when 2 rival gangs crossed paths in the parking lot it got a bit crazy. Raider fan vs Raider fan.

As LBC said most are just your avg fan who thinks it's Halloween every Sunday and are very passionate about their team.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Let's go, CHARGERS!!!

53def14f4a1a4c9673f7cb9942a43496.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  8. BoltsUK88

BoltsUK88 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Turns out it was absolutely fine, in fact I'm actually disappointed at the lack of heckling, more high fives if anything! Shame I had front row seat of kasers demise

9. Joey

Joey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I went to Oakland on opening weekend MNF in 09, when we wore the powder blue throwbacks. I didn't have the bollocks to wear my jersey. The stadium and the area around it is a dump, the only place that felt safe was Denny's. But I am english and by and large we don't like to make a fuss, let alone have any confrontation. Ok, maybe that's just me.