1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RESCUE ME SEASON 4!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RipTheJacker, Jun 12, 2007.

1. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I cant wait, just 24 more hours!!

Not sure who else watches this, but anyone who doesnt, it time to get with it.

This is easily the best show on TV and has been for a couple years now, better than much more hyped shows like 24 and sopranos!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022

Is that the series about a Fireman with "issues"... If so I've seen it a few times and definitely need to start watching it regularly... I have so few regular shows in the summer...

Thanks Rip. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    LOL Rip... Actually after season six of "24" I can easily believe that many shows are better than the hyped up shows.

Now "Sopranos", I'll arm wrestle you about that one... Loved it to the end.... which didn't end. :icon_mrgreen:

Now I think I'll catch up on "Rescue Me"

5. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  6. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Great show I Tivo it. Much better than 24 imop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    You may want to check out wired on H.B.O. before it goes away it has to be one of the best shows no one knows about as well.

8. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I bought S1 and 2 of Rescue Me for only $17.99 each at Target a few months ago...I still have to finish watching but I like it. I like to watch my shows very late at night when I can't sleep...

• Like Like x 1
  9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

Hi RMancil...hope all is well and the family is happy and healthy...Yep, Wired is also good. I have a season on DVD as well...there are just not enough hours in the day.

10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    "Wired" is good.... Need to catch up on so much of it though...

I miss "Deadwood" and wish it would return.....SOON..

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm jealous... :icon_tease:

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Yeah cranky foul-mouthed Al was fun to watch every week...I looked forward to that *#*#*#* show.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Hey Kim all is well ,my boy just jumped a plane to Missouri where he is going to work a few weeks in the home remodeling business to learn if he likes swinging a hammer.

Mom was worried sick about him flying but the good lord but a close friend on the same flight so that issue was taken care of. He had a flight switch in Charlotte.

Deadwood is a great show once you get over all of the foul language. A good friend is a wheel with H.B.O. and he tells me that in fact that is how the good citizens of Deadwood spoke so in fact the good folks over at H.B.O. are just schooling us on our history.

Rome is another great show that I miss . TIVO is the best I don't have to worry about when any of them come on I always record the current episode and watch at my leasure.

14. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Good show and history... That is one series I would consider purchasing.

15. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Funny how he went from villain to town savior. Hurst was a big prick based on the show. The actor who plays him I can't recall his name does a great job.

16. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Ian McShane= Al Swearengen ;)

17. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223

One of my favs for sure. I really like how they pay so much attention to details. I enjoy history coming alive. I tell you if programs similar to these were used in school history class would get much better ratings!

18. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Gerald Rainey I think is Hurst actors name , isn't Ian the actor who plays Al?

19. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I had Al on the brain....:lol: Yup. I had forgotten about Hurst, but that is Gerald Rainey, I believe.

Oh yeah, now I remember that bastard, Hurst... :icon_mad:

20. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    TIVO and you fast forward through the commercials. They get longer and longer as the show goes on. I don't have the patience's anymore to deal with them.

The dam volume also goes up and down what happened to the law that was suppose to fix that?

21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I DVR the show and then start viewing at about 20 minutes into it... so I can fast forward through the commercials and finish the show at about regular time. :yes: ;)

Or I can watch later if I want.

22. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    I'm glad all is well and your boy is healthy...it's understandable mom is worried about him flying...I went to DC with my 14 yo a couple of weeks ago and showed her exactly what to do should she fly alone, boarding passes, looking up the departure gate, connecting flights. These kids are smart these days..he'll be fine :)

I also like the historical dramas, Rome, Deadwood, The Tudors. The language doesn't bother me. HBO and Showtime have some excellent programming. I hope The Tudors comes back for a second season.

I still like 24, House and Prison Break. 24 wasn't the best season this time, but still pretty ok...Prison Break S2 not on par with S1 (which was original and excellent) but next season looks good...the new Prison they are in makes the last one look like the Four Seasons.

23. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Rescue Me rocks! (this coming from the son of a 30 year FDNY Firefighter)

Deadwood, from what i have heard is over for good...:icon_sad:

The Producers of Deadwood now have John From Cincinnati on HBO which is being shot in San Diego (Imperial Beach and South Bay mostly)...I thought the first episode was great...
    I'm a fan already...:tup:

Big Love S2 starts this week...Love that show as well... :tup:

And last but not least CBS was smart enough to give Jericho a reprieve....but not until fans sent over 10 tons of "nuts" to the CBS offices...:lol
    I love that show as well...

other than those, Summer tv really sux...:tdown:

• Like Like x 5
  24. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152

Rescue Me >>> Sopranos

Dont get me wrong, i love sopranos and have every season on DVD (although i missed the the 6B season so i missed the "ending"), but to me, it cant even come close to being as good as Rescue Me.

The storylines and acting are much better on RM, but the thing i really love about RM is that it isnt so serious and has some comedy mixed in

• Like Like x 1
  25. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Your loss

26. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    The Shield is a great show , if your snoozing your losing.

Vic kicks azz.

27. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Some comedy man that show is one of the best in the dry humor dept. It is a very good show. FX has a lot of programs that have adult content glad to see it. Just how many times can the networks sale the same show? Law in order special victims unit , Law in order in L.A. ext.... ext.... The CSI series is in what 32 city's now. Talk about realistic the corners drive humors carry guns and do detective work. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

28. RMANCIL

Ratings:
    +223
    Whats the scoop on dead wood ???? The John from cinn stunk inop , surfers with issues?