1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Returning to school....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LT-Express, Jan 10, 2014.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +354
    1. Cameron Erving- LT/FSU
    2. Rashad Greene- WR/FSU
    3. Tre Jackson- G/FSU
    4. Nick O'Leary- TE/FSU
    5. Karlos Williams- RB/FSU
    6. Josue Matias- G/FSU

2. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB from Oregon returning as well.. bit surprised..

3. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    Ya me too. Was also surprised that Erving went back to FSU.

4. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Yeah in a way, theres always the bonus of being a top 10 pick opposed to a top 25..

Plus, most likely wants another run with Jameis and others that pledged their return to school..

5. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +354
    Ya I'm looking at Karlos Williams next year too.

6. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +837
    Vic Beasley is considering returning to Clemson

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Sort of, only in the sense that with the new/current CBA the money for players is now in the 2nd contract, not in the rookie deal. For some of the guys it's a pride thing - they want/need to go as high as possible. So for Erving, I can see it being important to him to go high - which with Robinson declaring and Matthews and Lewan (even though I expect Lewan to slide a bit a la Bulaga and Reiff) already in as seniors was threatened - whereas he has two guys (Ogbuehi - who also chose not to declare - and Scherff; with the outside chance one of the redshirt sophomore declares... which isn't terribly good since both go to schools notorious for getting their guys to stay till their degrees are done) to compete with for a spot in the Top 10 next year and the benefit of a QB who is going to help him continue to look good back at school.

Ogbuehi going back, from everything I can tell, is purely about finishing his degree - though I can also see it being wanting to prove he can play LT (as Matthews did), Sumlin being good at getting guys to stay, and (possibly) someone got in his ear and told him that the next guy up is much more of a pocket passer than Johnny, which can actually help boost his stock.

8. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Meanwhile, LSU is just bleeding underclassmen left and right with each passing season. With the amount that keep declaring from that program the past couple years, I've got to believe Miles is actually telling/recommending they make the jump... which is just weird.

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    That said, the record for underclassman declares is set to be broken (read: blown out of the water) yet again this year. And last year it was something like only 70-71% percent of the declares actually got drafted. The number this year could actually break 100 underclassmen in the draft class... that means that a lot of talent is going to get pushed to the later rounds and even go undrafted.

10. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Wow Vic Beasley returning to school..

11. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Probably smart. If he can add 10-15 lbs of good, usable weight between now and the 2015 draft he's going to really make himself some money.

12. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    Not surprised, guy got a second round draft grade from the draft advisory committee. He can return to school, add weight and play the same way he did, he's a potential top 10 pick next year. I see no problem with what he did, nor am i overly surprised. Also Dabo has always preached that if your not a 1st round prospect, its to your advantage to stay in school.