1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Revenge Games

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    USA Today, in May posted a list of their top 10 REVENGE games of the 08 season.

When I looked at the list, it struck me that the top three teams in the AFC take up 3 of the games with the Chargers involved in two of them. They are also two of the games that I have circled on the calendar.

Call it a hunch, a feeling, a prophesy, or perhaps just gas, but the Chargers handle the pats twice in 08!:abq2:

• Week 6: New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers

The Chargers nearly beat the New York Giants to the punch when, with LaDainian Tomlinson injured, they fell just short of upsetting the Patriots in last year's AFC Championship Game. San Diego has lost three consecutive meetings to New England, including the '06 divisional matchup when the Bolts watched some Patriots dance on their home turf. The Chargers have a lot of momentum to take down Tom Brady and Co.

• Week 9: New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts

If it's the first week in November, it must be Patriots vs. Colts. The league has scheduled these two teams in Week 9 for the fourth consecutive season, this time back in a Sunday night slot with national exposure. As usual, with both teams being five-time defending champions in their divisions, home-field advantage in the playoffs could be at stake for Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, et al.

• Week 12: Indianapolis Colts at San Diego Chargers

Colts fans' jaws still may be ajar from the upset the Chargers posted during the divisional playoffs. The Bolts were 2-0 vs. Indianapolis last year, after Peyton Manning's humbling six-interception performance in a 23-21 Week 10 loss. Count on the Colts being revved up to deliver payback to the Chargers.

2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Now that pisses me off!!! Why was that an upset?!!!!
    I can see this much. It was in Indianapolis and Harrison was back BUT the Chargers have had the Ponies number for the last few seasons.

The Chargers winning should NOT be that much of a shock!!!

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, it yanks my chain a bit when we're consistently looked at as the underdogs to Indy. I think we've shown that we match up quite nicely against Peytie-Pie, thank you very ****ing much. I look for us to hand them their asses - again. BTW - the playoff game from last year vs. Indy is on NFL Replay tonight, 7pm EST.

As for NE, we have to prove that we can beat them. That starts this year. :yes:

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I like being the underdogs! They overlook the Chargers then sit at home wondering what went wrong. Just like they got struck by lightning....:yes:

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, but how many times does Indy have to get struck by Charger lightning before we're declared to have superior firepower? :icon_shrug:

I don't mind being the underdog, jes sayin' ...... :bolt:

6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    What was lost about that game was our Chargers were given NO CHANCE of winning. That was based on the 23-21 win earlier in the season.

Again, I guess this year we'll need to "embrace the hate". :yes:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Never stopped, dude. Ya gotta remember - I live on the east coast where the Bolts are an afterthought. :tdown:

8. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    This is a valid example of the East Coast Bias that many people perceive. Its more than perception as far as USA Today is concerned.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Who cares so long as they keep getting struck? :icon_shrug::icon_rofl:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You have a point. :lol: Now get some hair on it so I don't have to see it!! :icon_tease: :icon_rofl:

11. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's considered an upset only because the odds makers had the Colts favored by 12 over the Chargers. Most of the betting public would never have taken the Chargers without the 12...hence the word "Upset".

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Look under my name...

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    At least I know there's an end to that look ...... :lol:

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sez the OTHER bald guy!

15. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Must be betting patterns. The eastern media who keep calling Chargers upset winners over the Colts are like the lactose intolerant who canpt stop eating ice cream and wonder why they keep getting heart burn.

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    You look freakin' possessed, Conc!!! :tup:

Question... after we win the Lombardi in 2009, how about "won't cut it till we win a second Lombardi?!!!!" :tup: