1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rex Ryan states he would of had a couple rings by now if he were the Chargers Head Coach

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by robdog, Oct 19, 2011.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    My thoughts are if teams could play as well as Rex talks the jets wuold own every record in the history of the NFL.

3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    Concur - Rex has coached a much better defense then we have enjoyed here for awhile, and a credible running game up until this season. His Jets were real lucky in 2009 (Indy basically let them win to get into the playoffs, then they draw Cincinatti & enjoy a classic Charger meltdown in the postseason) and for all his talk about the Superbowl, he has come any closer to it than Norv has (2 title game appearances vice 1 for Norv) and he couldn't seal the deal either time - he's just trying to get into Norv's head, but I doubt if it'll work.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think Rex should continue to work on the excessive flab that congregates all over his body - particularly in his mouth.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    Unfortunately the "rings" Rexy says he'd have won here, are the SAME
    "rings" he promised and "won" in New York the last 2 seasons...
    and is winning again this year.

I'd prefer non-mythical rings.

• Like Like x 4
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    so now Rex is the "Lord of the Rings"?

7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Rex would probably be better starting in 09, but PRs development could have been stunted by his style.

• Like Like x 1
  8. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Rex should just focus on his snacks and his wifes feet:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,152
    How I WISH that was clearly two separate issues!!!

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Rex can flap his jaws back and forth wider than Jabba, I swear.

Also I thought Rex was into necks??

11. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Rex says if Chargers had hired him in 2007, he’d have a couple rings
    Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2011, 4:55 PM EDT

Jets coach Rex Ryan’s Super Bowl boasts no longer are confined to his predictions for the future.

On Wednesday, Ryan said that, if the Chargers had hired him to be their coach in 2007, he would have led the Chargers to at least two championships by now.

“Well, I think I would have had a couple rings,” Ryan told San Diego reporters, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. “I’m telling you, those teams were loaded.”

Implicit in Ryan’s message is that Norv Turner has failed to get the most out of that loaded team. Which isn’t exactly the best way to keep Turner from rolling his sleeves up a little higher and working a little harder to come to New York on Sunday and beat Rex’s Jets.

Perhaps realizing that he stepped in a pile of something other than dead leaves, Rex tried to scrub his shoes a little bit. “Obviously, Norv Turner has done a great job there and A.J. and everybody,” Ryan said. “That’s a great franchise. He was probably the best guy for the job at that time.”

If Rex thinks he would have won a couple of Super Bowls in the four seasons since Norv was hired, Rex necessarily doesn’t think Norv was the best guy for the job. Unless the goal of the game is to not win Super Bowls.

12. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Hahaha ............ Hmm .. I See you Rex :sneaky:

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    There is only on Lord of the Ring, and he does NOT share power.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :laugh:

15. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Norv on Rex: Where are the rings he guaranteed the last two years?
    Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2011, 7:56 PM EDT

Norv Turner is one of the most mild-mannered coaches in the NFL, and Rex Ryan is one of the most boastful. So who would have thought that when the two of them had an exchange, Ryan would end up backtracking, and Turner would end up roasting Rex?

It all started with Ryan saying that if the Chargers had hired him instead of Turner in 2007, he would have a couple Super Bowl rings by now. That sure sounded like a dig at Turner for failing to get the Chargers to the Super Bowl.

But Ryan insisted that he meant no offense, and he called Turner today to say so. Turner confirmed with reporters that he had spoken to Ryan, wasn’t angry and wouldn’t be reprising the Jim Harbaugh-Jim Schwartz confrontation when the Jets play the Chargers on Sunday.

“It really was between he and I. I think we’ve had enough coaching drama in the league the last few days and we don’t need any more,” Turner said.

And then Turner took a shot at Ryan’s propensity for saying his Jets will win the Super Bowl.

“I hadn’t seen his quote and I was a little bit surprised by the call,” Turner said. “And then after I saw the quote, I didn’t have a chance to ask him this, but I was wondering if he had those rings with the ones he’s guaranteed the last couple of years.” :D

Those rings are on the fingers of Sean Payton and Mike McCarthy.

16. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Rex is probably right. If just about anyone one else were coach we'd have a couple of lombardis! I hope after the next time norv fucks up we get rob ryan!

17. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    More like Lord of the Ringless...

18. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    him and norv both

19. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,554
    Maybe Norv won't take his foot off the gas for once this week.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    You're dumb

22. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    We all dislike Rex Ryan because he's a load mouthed blowhard. But if he were our coach we would probably be loving his smack talk and he would probably have a lot more supporters than Norv does. A loudmouthed coach is easy to like- if he's your coach. I have often wondered how we would have done with Sexy Rexy as our head coach. Norv sure hasn't been able to pull the trigger and deliver a Super Bowl with these "stacked" teams and we'll never know what Rex would have done. Maybe he could have brought the hardware home to San Diego.

I only hope this is the year Norv sheds his "not-really-a-good-head-coach" label and brings home a Lombardi. I mean for the love of God we have waited long enough. Every year (except this one) the football guru's of the world have been saying we've got all this great talent and are a lock to make it to the Super Bowl. Hope to heck this is the year... I ain't getting any younger you know.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    I truly hope that Norv goes after rex this weekend. after watching the jets against the dozilfins (ace ventura) I honestly think that the bolts should win as long as they don't make any stupid mistakes. the bolts offense is way better than Miami and our defense should be able to stop their anemic offense.

But again, the bolts can't shoot themselves in the foot.

24. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Who's talkin' crap about Norv?!?!?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  25. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Rex, go lick your wifes feet you dumbass

26. NORV4LIFE

Ratings:
    +58
    I wonder what kinda weird fetish rob has? O well as long as he keeps it out of the media he wil be a great next hc for us.

27. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Why...

Anyhow I liked Norv firing back. Testicular fortitude ftw, his comments were hella funny. :tup:

28. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I wonder why a certain poster is posting a picture of gay Raider fans in his signature, is he in the picture?

29. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I saw this on ESPN this morning. Is it just me or is everyone just flat out sick of hearing Rex Ryan's fat ***, running his mouth. I swear to god the reporters ought to play a game everytime he goes to speak. As soon as he opens his mouth the first one to get a ho-ho or a foot in there wins.

30. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    they could play "cliche bingo" except instead of being quiet, yell out "Bingo" when you get one