1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rex Ryan's Quote and the Myth of the Ravens

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Sep 26, 2006.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    In case you missed it, here's what Rex Ryan, Baltimore's D coordinator, said yesterday:

"There have been alot better teams than San Diego come in here and get beaten down, so we'll be ready."

Really, I fail to see just what this guy is talking about. Sure, the Ravens' D has been among the best for many years, and yes they did have a 6-2 home record last season, but most of those games were against inferior competition.

Last season at home, the Ravens held the Jets, the Browns and the Packers to 3 points each. But against decent offenses, the Ravens were less than stellar, surrendering 24 to Indy, 21 to the Bengals and 23 to Minnesota.

Don't buy into the Ravens' hype. This is not the 2000 defense we are going against. Ray Lewis is not as good as he once was. He misses tackles in space. Ed Reed, coming off a major injury, is not having the impact he once did. McAlister is a helluva player, but he is a gambler and can get torched. Rolle, as he proved against the Browns, is capable of giving up the big play.

As for the Ravens' offense, they have shown very little thus far. They are ranked 23rd in the league, all the way up from 24th a year ago. With the exception of some dink and dunk passes and a couple of jump balls to Derrick Mason, McNair's impact has been extremely minimal.

What does all of this add up to?

Bolts 20, Ravens 6

2. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Good stuff BB. thanks :tup:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    the Ravens have beaten teams no better then the two we destroyed and yet they are the sexy pick
    Its fracking bias at its worst and if we destroy the Ravens, the world better bow to the king of the AFC

4. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Word.

When the Ravens played the Turds, they won 28-6 at home. We beat the Turds 27-0 on the road. And the Turds actually played better against us. Aginst B'more, the Turds could not even master the QB/Center exchange.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    And their starting QB packed it in early.

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    While they may be the "sexy" pick, odds makers are still favoring us by 2.5 or 3.... So I expect the "experts" at ESPN and HBO to pick the Crows, but I look for a 24-13 win for the Bolts, with 7 of the Crow points coming in the closing 5 minutes.

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Cro will get his first interception against the Ravens.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I'd love Jammer to get another INT combined with another two sacks from merriman

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yes, but what can we expect from David Binn? You need to pimp your boy.

VJ will have another TD catch this week. It's obvious from last week that TEs and big physical receivers thrive against B'more. I see Gates and VJ have very good games.

10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    so basically, the coaching staff talks out their asses as much as their players do. Nice. Nothing better than watching boys like Lewis pouting on the sidelines like we make Sapp do.

I'm not sure who these better teams are they're talking about though. Oakland??? Is he living in the past? They gave up 14 points to the Brownies and trailed a large part of that game. This guys a dick.

11. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    This must be why Marty doesn't let his coaches to interviews.

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    If Rex Ryan truly did say that, then yeah, it is becoming very understandable why Marty doesn't like to allow his assistants to talk to the media. The penchant for uttering something inflammatory about an upcoming opponent and given them emotional fodder to use against you exists when such interviews are granted.

13. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Screew the ravens. They're nothing but a bunch of crotch sniffing goons. They're still far better persons than any donk. The donks are just glue sniffing gangsters with a rat as their head coach..

14. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Does that mean that Conc is a Raven?:icon_huh:

15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Is there a link to this quote? Joelbolt is looking for it--I think for lockerroom material for the Chargers...

16. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    From what I've read there is no direct link. The closest I've found is this link from a Ravens board:

http://forums.extremeravens.com/index.php?showtopic=19362

17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    This Ravens game will be a good barometer on just how good the chargers team is. I think the ravens fans are thinking the same thing. CAn our team win in a hard game. For the chargers it should be even a bigger barometer considering they're playing in crazy ravenville.

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Just a wild guess. But the chargers know what this game is all about. The ravens are a good team. But so are the chargers. Which one is better is the question. Its an early pivotal point to the season.