1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ricky Williams back to SD?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT - HOF, Apr 20, 2007.

1. LT - HOF

LT - HOF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Anybody for paying for Ricky Williams on the cheap to back up LT should MT blow town? Obviously, it's on what you think of the guy, but it's not like we need him to carry the load - would be a nice backup if he's got his act together. I'd do it and trade MT while we can.

The Rams are looking at him to back up Steven Jackson for peanuts for what I hear.

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I would love Ricky as a backup. Wouldn't we have to trade for him though?

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    HIM? NO WAY! :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :icon_evil:
    I don't want a g-ddamned pot head on this team!

4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Yeah, and since weed is so difficult to obtain in SoCal and Mexico, we wouldn't have to worry about Ricky suffering a relapse.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :yes: I've got the perfect trade:

[​IMG]

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If we get a good trade for Turner, let's do it!!!!

7. zatoichi

zatoichi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
    If we're genuinely concerned about Norv Turner's ability to motivate, we should stay away from Williams. We need to get guys that are hungry and want to be champions.

8. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    I doubt the fins will give him away cheap.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Weed is demonized unfairly.

I would rather smoke some killer indica for pain than take a handfull of Oxycontin or Vicodin which leaves you hooked as a drooling junkie.

Weed is not addictive nor does it leave you drooling unless you smoke yourself stupid.

12 states so far have approved medical marijuana for chronic pain and ailments.

The NFL should be no different.

The media, FEDS and it's propaganda machine has brainwashed the population into believing lies.

Prop 215 and SB 420 legalized medicinal marijuana in 1996 in the State of California.

My primary physician prescribed recently approved Zelnorm for me 5 years ago for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It was taken off the shelf two weeks ago because it was found to cause irreversible heart damage despite warnings to the contrary before the drug was issued. I told my doctor I was no phuckking guinny pig for new drugs and I am glad I told him thank you but no thank you after I read the drug was harmful.

NFL players are not stupid to the ways of the pharmaceutical companies and the long term effects.

Weed does not enhance anyones performance unless there are a pile of "Twinkies" in the endzone. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I guess to answer the question "would I have a problem with Ricky Williams"? :icon_shrug:

Not unless he bogarted the joint :lol:

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715

12. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66
    For me it's not so much his pot smoking habit as it is his heart, after what he pulled on miami I'm not so sure I trust that he really wants to be a team player. He was an awe inspiring running back, but now???

He may come back and light up the league (no pun intended) but I say pass on Ricky, Keep Turner, get a Lombardi this year and when Turner walks next year let AJ find some other late rounder to back up LT.

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i don't care about his heart or marijuana addiction, if we lose mt we need a silent backup rb, run the ball keep your mouth shut that way we avoid being diagnosed with a locker room cancer.

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I do not think the "heart" has anything to do with Ricky's decision to do what is in the best interests of Ricky. His brain told him he either retires semi-gracefully or he gets suspended. Dude needed a way out so he retired. Ricky's loyalty to teammates was not as strong as his loyalty to his wallet or his pride.

15. nutzgrant

nutzgrant Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You all know that AJ is not even gonna consider that. Seriously. This really shouldn't even be in discussion. :icon_huh:

16. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LaDainian had a scene where he was accused of using weed in college but was exonerated if I remember correctly.

Foley had a colorful past as well.

A.J. has bent his rules to get somebody he considered to be a player and it is biting him in the *** a bit with Kiel, Foley etc etc etc.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Does Ricky want to be a back up?

I'd take him if MT was gone, hell yes.

18. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am not sure, he definately seems to be on the downside of his career.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    If Philip Rivers started making "rain" at the strip clubs and acting thugged out, I would say fuc him as well.

20. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I concur...

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Being a pot head isn't what bothers me so much (exept that it'll probably get him suspended again). what would bother me is Ricky's personality issues interacting with the team, etc.

22. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Ricky Williams? I'll pass I know that for a couple games in the CFL he would run for like 20 yards in a game in like 8 carries or some crap like that.. The dude has proven that he is as reliable as a Jaguar with his character issues. No thanks I think we should just draft a guy on the second day.

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I think Ricky sandbagged alot in the CFL just to keep in condition and to keep some jack flowing for his need for killer weed accounts.

If we could get him cheap, I would take a look-see and give the dude a wink nod to show us his cheese.

24. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Puff puff give :nana_rasta:

25. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i wouldn't base his fuel level with his cfl stats, i don't think he intended on lighting it up in canada, you could even say he played down to his competition. he's got enough left to spell lt no question, whenever i think of rw i remember him burning harrison to the outside and running all over us. that can't be all used up, i'd take him if we had a chance at him and mt was gone.:tup:

26. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Him playing down to his competition in the CFL spells enough for me. Imagine if LT went to the CFL, he would run the distance to the sun in that league and at one time Ricky Williams and LT were in the top ecehlon of running backs in the league. I just don't think Ricky is worth the time and money and both would be better spent via FA or through the draft. Ricky brings a lot of baggage to the table and we should avoid guys like that.:helm3:

27. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

The munchies?

28. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    exactly..why the hell do we want "Dope Boy" on our team..we're trying to get rid of players who cuase problems,not bringing them into the organisation..and while we're at it..we might has well bring Terence Kiel back:icon_twisted:

29. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Yea man just like the car that runs completely on water man

:lol: