1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ricky Williams - No Reinstatement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shamrock, May 11, 2007.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,351
    Wonder what his excuse will be this time, and will he go play in Canada again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    He can re-apply again in September ....... what a dumb bass.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Guess he needs the chronic worse than the NFL. Waste of good talent.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Obviously, you guys do not know about Social Anxiety Disorders and how that affects a person. The drugs prescribed today are **** and addictive and Ricky knows it so he is sort of fuc't.

Nobody ever address's this underlying medical issue and instead, I see reaches for the excuse bag of denial and cliche.

Bottom line:

FREE THE WEED !!! :nana_rasta: :icon_high: :football:

• Like Like x 2
  7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    He's got underlying medical issues

he can't comprehend that weed is illegal and he shouldn't get high

that's his freakin problem

8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The only underlying issue is that Ricky is a dumb ***.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word - fuq'im

• Like Like x 2
  10. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Why doesn't he just go play in nfle for amsterdam?

• Like Like x 1
  11. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

And ppl saying that they want Dope boy on their team:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
  13. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    I'm with you Trump. Weed is not performance enhancing, so the NFL shouldn't even bother testing for it. It's an invasion of privacy. And whatever happened to religious freedom? As a Rastafarian, Ricky shouldn't be persecuted for smoking ganja in an attempt to get closer to Jah.

Stop the persecution of potheads. Free Ricky.

On second thought, phuck Ricky. He probably would have ended up in New England anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    :lol:

It seems New England is slowly becoming a second dumping ground. Sort of like Oakland East.

I dunno, is there good product in the Mass area?

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654

Here is one of the best posts from Finhaven.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by sdotbailey

OK....how do all of his decisions make the outcome of their lives automatically bad? That's about as ignorant a statement as you've made on this post, and believe me, you sound ignorant. Take it from someone who's immediate family made plenty of bad choices with drugs and schooling. I've gone ahead and got my MBA and a secure job despite their shortcomings. I'm not blowing my own horn, just using that as an example that just because someone around may not live up to expectations doesn't mean you need to follow.

For you to think that because he smoked or decided he doesn't want to be some modern day gladiator to get people such as yourself off every Sunday makes him a bad father or person, you're dumber than you look. Everyone on here keeps making a big deal about how much of a waste of talent this is. There's an arguement for that, yes. RW was one of the better runners of our lifetime. But, just because you're good at something most people aren't doesn't mean you're obligated to do it. He doesn't have to be a football player if he doesn't want to. He doesn't have to make anyone on this board who's opinions matter for nothing - that's why it's a FAN board - happy by any means.

And yes, because he was under contract he was 'property' of the league. But, he's a human being who can make his own choices. If you were him maybe you wouldn't have made the same ones, but he did it on his own accord.

Also, weed isn't evil - don't believe the waste of money war on drugs bullshiit. If it allows him to cope with his issues then he should be able to do it. Tell me, would you be so against weed if your mother had cancer and that was the only thing available to ease her suffering? Didn't think so. You surely wouldn't call her a loser and waste of space would you? Now, on the flip side, if RW just got bored one day and got high, then yes, he should be banned from the league for violating the abuse policy. But, until the full details are known, please get off your high phuccing horses and realize that maybe not everyone is such a shiny, sterling beacon of light as yourselves. :lol: (bravo to this dude)

I'm not religious, but I'll use this here - He who is free from guilt, cast the first stone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good ****, Slug!! :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl:

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fuq'im :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl:

18. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Trying to take the moral highground to excuse dope smoking that has ruined a career just seems kind of bizarre to me.

19. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Holy chit, I actually agree with you about something! I think it's silly to not allow somebody to go to work because they choose to smoke pot. That being said, the rules are the rules and I have zero sympathy for Mr. Williams.

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    Dear gawd! I agree with the two of you?

Look Pot isnt an enhancer, it doesnt make someone stronger, it doenst cause them to run faster (unless the poe poe is chasing them), so Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

I guess it is just the reputation of the league the white shirts are concerned with. Does anyone test coaches, executives, league officiacls or League management?

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    So, would it be ok ta fire up a doob on the job?? :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

22. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Er...uh...its illegal?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

23. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,173
    It is. As is speeding, how many NFL players get suspended because they get a trafic ticket?

24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    If an employer will allow employees to take Oxycontin, Valiums, Percocet, Darvon, or any painkilling drug on the job, you bet. :tup:

It is no different except the federal government says it is illegal since 1936.

Some employers allow medical marijuana patients to toke up, eat a brownie, drink a soda laced with weed, lollipops as needed to control pain. One of the most famous patients is a stockbroker and he is one of the top producing brokers in the firm. He is also only one of 12 patients alive that the federal government recognizes as a legitimate weed patient and can carry his weed on planes whereas others can not. When the last 12 patients are dead in the federal weed program which was discontinued under President Bush accepting any applicants, it will be cancelled. The stockbroker would be dead within a few months (bone tumors) if he was not allowed to smoke weed.

All of this is documented but many do not know that the pharmaceutical companies stand to lose a shitload of money if weed is federally legalized. It was a common drug in the American Medical Association journals until Uncle Sam said different (and again this was passed by politicians and not at the recommendation of the doctors back in the day).

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_eek: Yahtsee :no: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The FDA (food and drug admin) has a system where they Schedule drugs into categories.

Schedule ONE drugs have no acceptable medical values. Drugs such as Angel Dust, PCP

Schedule I Drugs
    Schedule I drugs have a high tendency for abuse and have no accepted medical use. This schedule includes drugs such as Marijuana, Heroin, Ecstasy, LSD, and GHB. Recent activists have tried to change the schedule for Marijuana citing the possible medical benefits of the drug. Pharmacies do not sell Schedule I drugs, and they are not available with a prescription by physician.

The hypocricy of the federal government and DEA is amazing to keep feeding the American public this bullshiit. Federally funded studies from UCSD and UCSF have concluded there are medical applications for weed yet the DEA and FDA keep saying there are no studies which show that weed is proven to help and ......blah blah blah....

There was a recent study released which showed a 50% reduction in lung tumors when weed was introduced (lung freaking tumors).

Another study showed a 30% decrease in peripheral neuropathy pain of which no drug exists to combat this excruciating pain (Montel Williams has this as a result of Multiple Sclerosis).

These were all federally funded programs just concluded within the last few months yet the lies continue.

Oh well.

Fuc the Feds and George Bush and his mamas mamas mamas DOG.

27. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Schedule II Drugs
    Schedule II drugs have a high tendency for abuse, may have an accepted medical use, and can produce dependency or addiction with chronic use. This schedule includes examples such as Cocaine, Opium, Morphine, Fentanyl, Amphetamines, and Methamphetamines. Schedule II drugs may be available with a prescription by a physician, but not all pharmacies may carry them. These drugs require more stringent records and storage procedures than drugs in Schedules III and IV.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Our government is telling us that weed is more dangerous than Schedule TWO drugs such as Cocaine, morphine, Opium, Amphetamines and METH.

Now read it again and believe it!!!!

Weed is MORE dangerous than what I listed and has no medical value.

:bolt: Zieg Heil :bolt:

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,357
    Ricky Williams suffers from a social anxiety disorder. It might seem like pscyho-babble mumbo jumbo, but it's very real for those who suffer from it. For whatever reason, Williams has chosen to self-medicate using marijuana, instead of taking the drugs traditionally prescribed by psychiatrists for disorders such as his.

It's easy for me to have sympathy for Williams, because he suffers from an illness, and he's coping with it in the best way he can. The fact that the treatment Williams has chosen is not socially acceptable does not mean it's any less moral. Cannabis is not inherently less moral than other compounds use to treat psychosocial disorders. But, like any drug, cannabis does have certain side effects. One such side effect is psychological dependence (and possibly physiological dependence, if the most recent studies prove to be true).

Like any other person who uses drugs to help them with a medical condition, Williams has to weigh the risks and the rewards of the medication he's taking. Williams has either deemed the benefits of smoking marijuana more important than an NFL career or he has become addicted to marijuana and he is unable to stop. Regardless of which is true, I don't understand why his marijuana use should preclude him from playing in the NFL. It's a matter of personal freedom. And if a team wants to retain Williams' services, despite his marijuana use, they should be allowed to sign him to a contract.

If marijuana was performance enhancing, that would be a different story. But since marijuana only enhances one's ability to eat large amounts of Capt'n Crunch and Cheetos and laugh hysterically at a Space Ghost Coast to Coast marathon, the NFL should butt the phuk out.

What if Ricky were self-medicating with scotch? As long as he didn't drive drunk, they would leave Ricky alone, despite the fact alcohol consumption has more serious long-term health effects than marijuana.

And, please, spare me "the rule are the rules" crap. It's the responsibility of an informed citizenry to challenge the morality and constitutionality of the rules they live by.

Judging by the conduct I've witnessed at the Bolttalk tailgaters last year, I bet that many of you would be singing a different tune if Ricky was being banned from the NFL because of his proclivities for Pabst Blue Ribbon.