1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Right now; Who would you pick/What would you do with the pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Mar 10, 2009.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    Let's see some early draft boards and some ideas as to who you'd trade up/down with.

Board
    1. Rey Malauga
    2. Michael Oher/Andre Smith (maybe)
    3. Tyson Jackson
    4. Knowshon Moreno
    5. Brian Cushing

Ideally
    Trade down with the Dolphins for their second (#44)
    25) (if none of my guys are there) Ron Brace NT Boston College - a reach, without a doubt. Wouldn't be there with the second rounder and we need that nose tackle. Here he is
    44) Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma - Massive Massive RT to team with Marcus McNeil. Him and Forney give us a hell of a right side

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Go beef first round. If Shonn Greene falls low enough in the second then we trade up for him if possible.

3. Moses

Moses Yeah Buddy!

Ratings:
    +276
    I Like Rey Malauga first, but i'm thinking he might be off the board by 16.

I also like Robert Ayers the DE from Tenessee think he could help us out now Igor has departed, but again, he might go earlier.

Can't really see us picking up an offensive linesman as we usually tend to draft something a little more glamorous in the first round (e.g. Lights Out, Cromartie, etc)

Think our 3rd round pick will go on a safety as there aren't really any for the 1st rounder.

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    If by some miracle Everette Brown of FSU is available, WE BETTER GRAB HIM.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Or Orakpo.

Ron Brace in the 1st? I don't see it.

Rey? Not at 16. Maybe if we trade down & he's still there. But I think someone like Denver will grab him first. More power to them.

Jackson? Questionable motor, IMO. When he's on, he looks very good, but he's prone to take plays off & I have avfeeling that will only get worse when he's shown the money.

I think AJ trades down to get a second & goes OL/DL. I could see a scenario like Britton/Duke Robinson/Mack in the 1st & Hood/Jarron Gilbert/Ayers in the 2nd.

6. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    don't need a running back in the first.

malauga's good, but is he gonna be able to cover any tight end? that's where the chargers really suck. with that said, i wouldn't mind having him. just think there are way more pressing concerns.

the chargers would not get brown even if he was availabale. they always look for big bodies to play DE, not 6 ft tall 250 #ers.

i think jackson has a fine motor, but his off field work ethic is questionable.

i'd like to see oher, but andre smith can go straight to hell. 19 reps at 225? jesus.

and rashad jennings in round 3! that guys a beast.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I'd look for some running back far later down, like PJ Hill out of Wisconsin or Glenn Coffee from Alabama. One of those guys who are good way down the line. Third I wanna eye a NT like Scott or the guy from Stillman

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Sammie Lee Hill. He's a possibility in a later round, as well as Chris Baker from Hampton. Both have potential at NT.

9. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,643
    I'll throw a full chargers draft right now, that'll probably make quite a few of you happy

1. Michael Oher OT Ole Miss

I think he can be an incredible right tackle, he's got the talent. And he also gives us insurance if McNeil can't stay healthy/improve
    3. Dorell Scott NT Clemson
    The type of hard working clean nosed warrior that AJ and Rivera love. Has Waters potential without as much of the injury history
    4. Vance Walker DE Georgia Tech
    A solid big bodied guy who could fit in well at the DE spot in the 3-4. Also might consider Ricky Jean-Francois but I'm not as fond of him.
    5. Glenn Coffee RB Alabama
    I think he could be a slightly slower Michael Turner. Guy can just run over people like they don't exist.
    6. Marko Mitchell WR Nevada
    Big and fast but needs time to learn proper route running - just what Joiner specializes in.
    7. George "The Rabid Goldfish" Hypolite DT Colorado
    I like this guy and think he could be another Jacques Cesaire. And yes his nickname really is the Rabid Goldfish: