1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Right Team, Right Time for Turner?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 1, 2012.

1. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Just as with Don Coryell, defense have been the weak link for Norv. The offense even with it's inconstant play over the last two years has been good enough to win if provided with a little support from the defense that was sorely missed.

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Hopefully the memo has finally been received.

3. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The defense continues to grow and have been getting better week to week. Even during the Falcon fiasco they held well enough to win until they just were completely gassed.

4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Secondary needs work, particularly the corners. I feel pretty damn good about the rest.

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,584
    HAHAHA awesomly ironic coming from the arrogant douche that started this thread... http://bolttalk.com/threads/for-the-pessimists.27236/#post-747448 You sure know it all Buck, please preach to us little folk about the way of football.

All I ask is that we don't lose the division to a team led by Matt Cassel one year, and Tim Tebow the next, apparently that makes me a whiner, a pessimist, or to use Lance's wide brush a "mouth breather."

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    One of those boxes should work nicely. :tup:

BTW - big difference between starting a thread entitled "For the pessimists" & stating that everyone on this board, without exception, was ready to flog Norv. If I were you, I'd learn what constitutes irony first, then maybe you can move on to other subjects.

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I wish I could get ISO on the secondary, it's very hard to tell whats going on during the regular TV broadcast. Generally speaking, the defensive backfield is constantly in motion with more than just one assignment per man. If a safety bites on a fake inside hand off there is no one at home to play zone all bets are off. I'm not sure that Cason is very comfortable playing man from the LOS and is why he plays off or soft. JMHO.

8. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,584
    So who paints with the broad brush now? :roflmao: Once again you show you have more arrogance than sense, you just kind of spew hate everywhere and hope someone equally as dim gives you a like.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You mentioned that all you ask is that we win a division title over a team qb'd by the likes of a Cassell or Tebow. If that were true, you might not get your *** dogged so much. But it isn't true. As Lance19 pointed out, it's a constantly shifting target for you & plenty of others. The only consistent target is Norv & to lay whatever blame that you deem appropriate for the occasion at his feet.

Once again .... big difference between putting you, individually, into a box & saying that everyone unequivocally was against Norv. I don't expect you'll figure out the difference, even with crayons, but you can at least stop offering pitiful excuses. It only paints you further into the "whiner" box when I originally had you in nothing more "insulting" than pessimist. :)

Recess is over. Go back to school.

10. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    My target never moves, it's Superbowl or bust for Norv.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +209
    This. Incase we forgot, he was brought in to lead a 14-2 team that had lost in playoffs the previous year. He has yet to make that goal a reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'm convinced that there is no Head Coach in existence that would satisfy the 48% that demand utter perfection on every play of every game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    Well, except for Harbaugh. Cause everything he touches is gold. Clearly.

14. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    very true. and AJ was living on the expectation that Norv was going to be a John gruden and take the team the next eyar and win the SB.. Just like Gruden did in TB. AJ wanted to strike while the team was lit buuuuuut he missed BIG TIME!!!

• Old Old x 1
  15. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,584
    An exaggeration, like I've said many times the only thing us mouth breathers desire is to not watch 2 of the worst QBs in the league Matt Cassel and Tim Tebow knock us out of the playoffs. Or at the least...just show signs of progress. Going from 9-7 to 8-8 and getting blown out in elimination games is not my idea progress.

-
    -

You know what those numbers represent?

• Old Old x 1
  16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Which one? oxidation will kick in once the electroplating is scratched and worn down.

17. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings:
    +112
    When I said the team I was refering to the 53 man roster . I still want to flog Norv!

18. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I am kinda upset that Romney and Obama didn't talk about what AJ/Dean should do about Norv.:(

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    LOL

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

20. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +35
    If by win, you mean the Chargers, I'm perplexed. They are 3-1, and have never had a losing season under Turner, even with fluke special teams gaffs and horrible injuries. He is the winningest coach in Chargers history.

Would you work hard for a boss you hated? Or would you do just enough to not get fired? Acee obviously drank the cool aid, don't get me wrong. I think there are times when Norv makes terrible calls, or doesn't plan as effectively as he could for certain games. But all coaches have off days, and I think we are just really bitter about the Jet's playoff loss still, but Cromartie, Kaeding, and VJ lost that game for us, not coach. Given last years injuries I don't think expecting a deep playoff run was realistic.

I also don't think Rivers is an 'elite' QB. I think there are only five of them, Manning x 2, Brady, Rogers, and Brees. I think Ryan, Rivers, Schaub, Ben Rapelithsberger are all on the next tier down.

21. Chico Andy

Chico Andy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    But the guy does have a 62% winning record here: absolutely awesome by NFL standards over 5+ years.
    I'm not saying that proves he's even as good as his 62% record, merely that it's absurd to try to make a
    "bum" (my term) out of a guy with that record.

Interestingly enough, a 62% record would have been the best record in MLB this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lose/lose for both of them...

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,594
    I think Bellichek could but then again winning three super bowls gives you a VERY VERY wide berth