1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

RIP Shawn Lee - One ton of fun

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Feb 28, 2011.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Chargers mourn passing of Shawn Lee

No one posted this so wanted to pass on the sad news on the 6th member of the 1994 Chargers super bowl team to die way too young.

A member of two tons of fun, he was a pleasure to see play and a very good DT along with Reuben Davis.

Condolences to the Lee family

2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    That 1994 Chargers super bowl team is cursed. I hope that this is the last premature death.

3. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    RIP

6 gone from the 94 team, all far too young

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    RIP Shawn, I loved watching you play!

5. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I was just talking about this a couple days ago when I heard about Shawn. RIP Shawn...

6. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We don't notice it much, but an awful lot a players die after they retire at relatively young ages. Whether it's heart attacks, strokes, complications of years of steroid use, suicides, OD's, traffic accidents or homicides. Seems I read about them all too often. Then there is the increased incidence of Parkinson's disease, early onset forms of dementia, crippling orthopedic problems, alcoholism and severe depression. As far as I am concerned, these guys earn their money. I am seriously disappointed that current players want to eliminate the the pension money going to older players. These guys should know better.