1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers 14-0 in December

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by RM24, Dec 5, 2009.

1. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=schefter_adam&id=4704338

If the Colts are the team that doesn't lose during December, then Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers is the player who doesn't lose in December. To date, as a starting quarterback in December, Rivers has a 14-0 record. This is what makes San Diego's November run even more impressive. Usually this team gets better as the season goes on and peaks in December. This time it hit its stride before December. In their past six wins, the Chargers have outscored their opponents by 105 points -- an average margin of victory of 17.5 points per game. Using two-back sets with fullbacks Mike Tolbert or Jacob Hester leading the way, or multiple-tight end sets with Antonio Gates and Brandon Manumaleuna on the wing, LaDainian Tomlinson has returned to being a goal-line force. Near the goal line, Tomlinson has gotten 26 touches and scored seven touchdowns. But Rivers is the key. He is one of the top deep ball throwers in the game, if not the very best. He is playing better than he ever has. Some teams go years, decades even, without a legitimate starting quarterback. Hard to imagine that, at one time, the Chargers' quarterbacks were Rivers and Drew Brees, San Diego's version of Green Bay's former duo of Aaron Rodgers and Favre.

2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,411
    Is Rivers 14-0 in December or are the Chargers 14-0 in December with Rivers at QB?

I like Rivers and all, and I think he's a huge factor in that record, but nothing chaps my *** more than attributing a team stat (wins and losses) to an individual player.

3. BlazingBolt

BlazingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +36
    Your *** is chapped? Do you use the stick on that? The Chap stick....or do you have a special *** stick?

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    I just don't like it because it implies that Rivers would be 14-0 in December even if he had me, you, and 8 oompa loompas as his teammates on offense.

It takes more than a QB to win 14 games in December.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I don't know if that's legitimately funny or because I'm drunk xD :icon_rofl:

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,411
    Here's the kicker

I was drunk when I posted that...and still am right now.

7. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    :icon_toast:

8. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    15-0 after the Browns game :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :yes:

10. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    other than rivers, who has the highest win% in dec of an active qb?