1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers Booed???

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, Nov 25, 2007.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Just read it on another board

I had the game on at the bar (with sound)

I don't remember seeing/hearing that

:icon_shrug::icon_shrug:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Could be, the natives are restless.

3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    When the Bolts went 3 and out to start the game, Rivers was booed. As he walked off the field, the camera caught him looking at the stands and screaming, "shut up." I think he found the best way to shut them up. :abq1:

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    True dat.

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    It happened a couple of times in the 1st

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Yeah they booed him and thats why San Diego is the laughing stock of the league in fandom. Hell, even the announcers were talking about it after Rivers threw that long TD to Gates and said to the fans "how do you like that".

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Bradey just got drilled!

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    You're joking right? What they did to him was tame.:yes:

After seeing his reaction, good thing he isn't playing in NY (NJ). He wouldn't last.:no:

9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Not at all, San Diego fans generally don't have a fawking clue. I know I'm from there and had season tickets to the Bolt's for years. Although Rivers hasn't played great but the rest of the offense hasn't either. Why isn't LT booed for running for another three yard loss on first down.:icon_huh: Because San Diego fans haven't got a clue, most are band wagon or from another city.

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Seriously, sometimes your love of PR is creepy.

Yes, he was booed. So what? He has looked like garbage at times this year. He answered the boos.

The only two QB's in history that haven't been booed by the home crowd were Marino and Brady.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    True enough. PR played MUCH better tonight, but he still needs to let some of the BS just roll off his back & stay calm. Until he can master that, he'll continue to have problems responding to pressure.

12. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    The crowd DID boo several runs, mostly because of the play calls. Get a grip of your man crush on Rivers. People weren't spitting on him.

13. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I would have booed Norv

his play calling STILL sucks!

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    HAHAHAHAHA, you can't be real. I'm just calling as I see it. Fouts was booed terribly hell so was Winfield when he played for the pads. I know what I'm talking about. Man up and call a spade a spade.

15. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    WTF??

How do we know it was Rivers being booed in the first damn place!!!

THE ENTIRE OFFENSE SUCKS THIS YEAR

:icon_shrug:

16. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    So was Elway, who happened to turn out to become the greatest QB in NFL history. People boo because they are passionate and want the best for the team. Leave your weak *** knocks on the people that spend LARGE cash for that right to yourself. As previously stated, I can't imagine how the crowd in Philly/NY/Chicago would have responded to some of PR's weak *** performances this year.

Grow some thicker skin. Philip obviously has.

• Like Like x 1
  17. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I think what some are trying to say is what sense does it make for fans to boo Rivers. What good does it do.

Makes the fans look really stupid. IN other words you win and your thought of as a god. If you loose your hated. The players must think fans are crazy.

18. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    anyone have the video of this?

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    It has nothing to do with PR, I don't care either way. I know I spent my hard earned money for years on Charger season tickets and still would. It's only the idiots that Boo because they don't really understand whats going on. As far as Philly/NY/Chi town goes, who gives a fawk? I don't.

20. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    They were booing the offense in general. Not Rivers!

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I would have booed the 3 and out too. Anyone telling me I dont know what I am doing would have gotten a laugh in the face.

Norv was being booed as much as Rivers. Opening with a Run, Run, Pass, Punt pissed me off big time.

22. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942

The boos came due to bad play calling/execution. (FWIW I don't boo my team) To say that San Diego fans don't have a clue and are the league laughing stock is insulting, even if I’m from another city.:icon_wink:

The loudest boos, I think, came on the screwed up pass on third down to Gates when Rivers was animated towards Gates. At that point the team appeared to be in disarray. Plus expectations for this year had been so high.

As far as the post about Brady never being booed, I disagree. Those fans are called Mass-holes for a reason, and the Philly fans booed Santa Claus. As far as a fan base that is a laughing stock go about 400 miles north. Last year at Oakland I actually saw a guy dressed up as Mayor McCheese.

23. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Yeah, I saw where the crowd was booing PR and he was yelling something back. Fans will do that, stupid or not. There are a lot of idiots in the stands since I've heard them. PR just needs to ignore those idiots and shut them up with his play and he certainly did today. The crowd can say anything they want since they paid for their tickets. I remember them booing Brees too. I was at one game where Brees went 3 and out and I was pissed but I didn't boo. I wanted to kill him but I didn't boo. PR just has to put the earplugs on. Solid play will shut them up.

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Thats what we can say now in hind sight and the fans have that right. i remember seeing Fleetwood Mac in the Sports arena around 73 - 74 and they sucked and were booed profusely, but they deserved it. Fact is they were to stoned to even put on the show and we let them know.

25. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Yea, your right.
    Season ticket holder from Las Vegas that grew up in San Diego and saw his first live Charger game in 1972 are "Bandwagoners" :tdown:
    Kiss me where I Pee. :tdown:

26. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_toast::icon_toast::icon_toast:

27. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Rivers needs to take over this offense and become the leader, Marty is gone and we have seen the results of that. I also feel Merriman, who is my favorite player on this team, needs to take the defense over and become a true leader. I hope it happens soon.

28. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I think today was a pretty good start.

29. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

best band to "BLOW" it all

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

30. sdbound

Ratings:
    +942
    Maybe that was what was happening on that play when Rivers ran toward Gates waving his arms? It just seemed out of character to me. Merriman looked like a leader today, from the pre-game rally all the way through the game.