1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers Fined for Taunting

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by turbo_turtle, Sep 18, 2009.

1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    In this Article Philip Rivers was Fined $7,500 for Taunting Gerard Warren during this past Mondays Game:

http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/san...cle.cox?articleId=D9AQ19BO0&moduleType=apNews

My opinion is we better see a lot more Fines because a lot of players Jaw Jack.

This is ridiculous that a Player can not even talk smack.

I guess before to long Players will be having Flags on their belt and play Flag Football. :tdown: :mad: :angry: :mad2: :censored:

They will only say nice snag of my flag and golly I need to do a better job avoiding you taking my flag from my belt.

2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    I don't think it was just for what he said. In the video I saw of this, he threw the ball at Warren while he was down on the ground.

Ticky-Tack BS I think, but that's the NFL.

3. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    I think he was afraid that Warren was going to fart on his mouth piece...I would yell too! :lol:

Poor call, we have all seen more grievous taunting than that in every game we have watched in the past…but no flag.

Rivers has a target on him…he is being held to a higher standard for some reason.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    yep, that's when the official threw the flag

5. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Isn't Warren the same fat sack of crap that put a cheap shot on Brees and tore up his shoulder?

6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    What happened to the NFL fining Cable for throwing a hay-maker at his asst. coach?

7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Pretty sure they would have called taunting on any quarterback in that situation outside of Brady and Favre. He (Rivers) did it. He gets fined $7,500. Big Deal. It was just an extremely competitive player letting out some frustration. It made him look a little bit like a bad sport...but I'm glad he has that edge. We all know that if it was Favre they would probably have penalized Warren for being too close to Favre's shadow.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I think that was him. I think that incident turned this whole franchise around and changed the course of the QB situation here.

9. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +130
    I'm in Northern Cali now for a year and moved from Hollywood after living there for 15 yrs. I grew up in SD and moved to LA when I was 20. People outside of San Diego don't really give a **** about the Chargers. They respect LT and the Chargers of the late 70's early 80's but no real opinions. Rivers however, is pretty much not liked from everyone I ask. I love this. They don't like him cause he doesn't play for them. The one thing they all agree on is that he is a smart QB. Not only is this guy a poised smart quarter back but he has a competitive fire that shows. That confidence and "we are better" attitude is what we have needed for a long time. So fine away league.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    So now, Rivers will only be getting $92,492,500 dollars.

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :icon_rofl:

12. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    :lol:

13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Stupid fine, he didn't hit Warren with the ball and I highly doubt he even swore.

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah.

The flag (and fine) wasn't for yelling at Warren for diving at his feet, but for throwing the ball down at the ground near Warren.

If Rivers hadn't thrown the ball I doubt much would have become of it.

Rivers should ask for that football he threw. If he's going to pay $7,500 he should get the ball. :D

• Like Like x 2
  15. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Not only no, but, hell no. His interest alone for the last two weeks will cover that.:lol:

16. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    The more, pissed off...Errr... Shux, Golly G, PR gets the better he gets... FACT...

People don't know PR, like we know PR... But they (most), would like a PR commanding thier team...

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    My boy definitelt didn't get it from me. :icon_shrug:

18. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    if he plays smarter, and doesnt throw the ball at a member of the the other team when they are on the ground, he wont have to worry about getting a penalty for taunting and getting fined.

19. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but he can write that $7,500.00 off on his taxes as a business expense.

20. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Rivers said he bent down to pick up mouthpiece & yelled @ G. Warren, "Play to the whistle. " Warren crawling @ Rivers' knees--ka

21. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    FACT: Rivers has never lost an NFL game where he "mouthed off" to players and/or fans.

22. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I've seen that clip a few times, and it just does not look like Rivers is throwing the ball at Warren. It looked like Rivers was throwing the ball to the ground. As for yelling at Warren, I think going late and low at a player's legs is a far more egregious offense, and the Turds did that repeatedly in last week's game.

Whatever, I'm sure PR and the Chargers are really concerned about the fine. I'm sure they'll take a $7500 fine and a 4th quarter comeback from Rivers every week if they could get it.

23. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    :icon_toast:

24. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    but the bottom line is that if you have to rely on an Officials decision or interpretation, you might not like the outcome, and where half the people love it, the other half hates it.

25. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    makes we glad we extended him:tup:

26. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Rivers shouldn't have thrown the ball at the ground.

I don't like that it fuels the perception that he's some evil kitten killing, child hating mongrel who runs around talking trash any chance he gets, but in the end as long as he keeps leading the team to victory I don't care that much.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,074
    And I am sure the Bronco's fans are all over this. But I love his fire, and his will to win.

28. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942