1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers' first test comes against team with Ph.D. in D

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,847
    http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9689445/rss

When the San Diego Chargers let Drew Brees walk in March, they handed the ball to quarterback Philip Rivers and told him to take them to the playoffs. Now we may find out if he's up to the task.

OK, so it's early, but Sunday's game with Baltimore should tell the Chargers and their fans a lot about Rivers and what he can do for their club.

Like San Diego, the Ravens are undefeated. Like San Diego, they excel on defense. Like San Diego, they hope to reach the playoffs. But here's the difference: Baltimore has a quarterback it knows it can trust.

That's not to say the Chargers don't believe in Rivers. They do, with general manager A.J. Smith calling him "special." But they really don't know what they have in Rivers. Not yet.

He beat a floundering Oakland club in a game where he was asked to throw 11 times. He beat a floundering Tennessee club in a game where the Chargers had more yards rushing (241) than Rivers had passing (235). Now he runs into a brick wall that leads the NFL in run defense and is brutal on quarterbacks; the Ravens are tied for the league lead in takeaways and sacks.

"We've got a young quarterback going against a premier defense," said Smith. "It should be interesting."

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Man, I'm really getting excited about this game!

3. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Me too! I am gonna be there in person. A few other fellow Bolt fans will be representing at our tailgater in lot H. :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

I got 50 yard line seats 42 rows back on the Chargers bench side. Hope to get me some auto graphs while I am there. I will post some pics from the weekend. :bolt:

4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Way to represent.

Here is a link where a few of us have been inflicting grief on Ravens fans :)

http://forums.extremeravens.com/index.php?showforum=55

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The tailgater was awesome. Our spot was on the row to a lot that you had to drive past to park. Raven fans had to run past our gauntlet of about 30-40 Bolt fans. Here are a few pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Katrina

Katrina BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    Nomadic! I'm up near F-burg, used to live in Richmond.
    A Ravens fan sitting by me said even with field passes he couldn't get autographs, just pics. I'll post some of my pics on here tonight.