1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers has slightly bruised right shoulder

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by thejdog, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I wondered about an injury on that play. He was hit hard and I'm surprised that he got up so quickly. :unsure: :tdown: :no:

Here's hoping there's not more to this injury than we know.

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I hope that Marty will set out Philip for the next game against the 49ers because it is meaningless to get Rivers hurt any more than he already is. this is just my opinion. I love that the Chargers won against the NFC Champs in preseason and I know it does not count but that is me though.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I'd play him for like the first quarter or a few serieses, he still needs work

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    That is totally reasonable and it will show us how his throwing motion is or is not affected.

Plus the reps could do him good to see Philip just a little bit more and keep him loose before the season starts then watch out The San Diego Chargers are going to kick some major *** while Philip Rivers is at the helm. I am excited for the regular season to get underway. :icon_beerbang:GO CHARGERS:icon_beerbang:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    He should play the first quarter or first 2 series and no more, which ever comes first. Granted if he come out first series and goes on a 8 minute 10 play scoring drive, IMO, that's good enough for me. I wanna see Feeley and Whitehurst get the majority of snaps, namely Feeley, if he is going to be our #2, he needs the reps. Starting Feeley would not be out of the uestion as well, if only to see him run with the starters.

I'd like to see Philip Rivers play, but it's not a necessity, and I wouldn't expect much of a test from the putrid 49ers anyways.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Rivers had a partially dislocated shoulder in college......

Just so long as we do not hear the name Dr. Andrews - we are cool.

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    One series and done for Philip vs. the Whiners - IMO. Or, if the shoulder is bothering him, then ZERO reps.

Get Whitey a whole half of reps. Let Feeley finish it out with the scrubs.

I actually hope we don't see Brett Elliott at all. Bury him, and don't let other teams get any film on him. We need a practice squad QB to run the scout team, and it will give him a year without being poached by another team. If Elliot got picked up by another team, then SD would have to find another QB for the PS, and he would also take time to learn our system, just in case he had to be elevated to the roster.

Then next year, get him a bunch of scrub preseason work to see if he can supplant Feeley as the #3 QB.