1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rivers in a Soph slump or are low numbers a prodcut of schedule/coaches?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Oct 4, 2007.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Keeping in mind we have played the Patriots, Packers, Chiefs, and Bears (wk 1) all of whome are top 5 defenses and/ or undefeated?
    It comes as no surprise to some of us that the toughest starting schedule in the NFL and a slew of new coaches would have Rivers numbers start off pretty low.

p.s. There is no doubt in anyones mind that when healthy the Bears are really a top 5 defense, and we played them fully loaded.

2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The offense is going to get scaled back. I read an article earlier where Norv indicated he would do this to make things easier on PR. Said that the new "wrinkles" may have been to many to digest this quickly. This means more LT, more checkdown options (crossing routes & such), and more ball control.

For those who want Marty back, they might just get a little Martyball to satisfy that craving.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    it probably is a sophomore slump but its made worse by the poor coaching

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Quiefs... a top five defense?!!!!!!! :icon_eek:

We freakin' make EVERYBODY look good!!!!!!:icon_evil:
    It's ALL our coaching staff too!!!
    Oops. I mean "AJ's coaching staff!!!!":icon_evil: :icon_evil:

5. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    All of the above :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It actually goes back to the last few games of last season, but I don't think that the coaches are helping matters any. Rivers just seems too jittery & ill at ease.

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    As much as I am not a big fan of Norv, he has a pretty well documented history of improving QBs, so I'm not really inclined to put Rivers' poor performance on the coach.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    If he was our QB coach or OC, I would agree with you.

Seeing the way the Raiders are playing now, I would have to to say that Norv actually did have something to do with those two horrible seasons.
    NOW HE'S OUR PROBLEM!!!! :icon_evil: