1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers in USA Today

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Electric Chair, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Link

SAN DIEGO — Two years on the bench gave Philip Rivers a chance to watch, listen, learn and, well, test his patience for delayed gratification.

But extended time as Drew Brees' understudy did little to curtail the moxie that is a calling card for the San Diego Chargers' new starting quarterback.

"I'm going to be myself," Rivers said. "Maybe a little different than in the past couple of years — and this is not being negative about Drew one bit — is I play with a little bit more emotion. I'm a little more emotional and vocal. That's something I feel adds a little spunk, a little excitement to that side of the ball.

"I've always felt like I've had the ability to make a play when there's not a play to be made. I don't feel like I have to come in and make all these magic plays. But you see it every Sunday: a busted play, a scramble and before you know it, they're catching a touchdown."

Follow the link for the rest of the story...