1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers is a bitch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by FCBolt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,452
    Compared to Rivers, he's Carl Lewis. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Oh Blue, Hyperbole doesn't constitute a reason to start someone :-D

3. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    When one players is a tortoise with a case of the yips it does. ;)

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I made my decision to move back to SD after visiting for a couple days. I have been back about 6 times sicne I moves 2.5 years ago, and every time I go back and miss it more. This was the trip the sealed it, I am moving back. It won't be for a couple years, since I need to finish college, but once I do, I will see what QC has available for me to transfer back. I'll deal with a small house to not be in Denver any more

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Ah.. Blue, I get your point - but in 3 2011 games for the Seahawks, Charlie absorbed 8 sacks himself. Unless Gaither and others can overcome injuries/debilitations, there is no reason to expect him to fare much better behind this O-line. The good news is that he didn't fumble once. In those same 3 games, he threw 1 TD and 1 INT. IMHO, Charlie is a bona fide journeyman backup QB. Properly protected, he could do better in Norv's offensive scheme than Seattle's - but could he do better than PR? I simply don't know... From what I've seen his quick release/decision making is somewhat lacking. His legs would give him a better chance to survive the flood and life to fight another day, but that doesn't put points on the scoreboard. :confused:

6. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,452
    My point is that we know what we're doing now isn't working. Why not at least try something different to see if it yields better results? If you never try, you'll never know, and things could hardly get worse...... losing is still losing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    How apropos that you posted in here then ;)

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    No. Rivers is a bitch. Some fans just can't handle the truth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    If he's a bitch, the line allowing him to be assaulted by the defense for 3 hours on Sundays the last 2 years made him so...

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Actually my post was perfectly on point and the truth has stirred up the dander of being completely wrong as to where the Bolts poor performance really lies. River's still has never equaled the poor performance of his predecessor which inclined management to seek a replacement ASAP. It would be virtually impossible for River's to ever be that bad.

As immobile as River's was to begin with, add a knee brace and it only magnifies the problem. Allow the worst O-line in the league to run security for him and disaster is on auto dial. River's needs to play for the team instead of trying to win for his buddy in Norv. River's is in danger of losing his own job trying to save Norvs, who can only field that which is given to him.

If there were no game day commentary nor replay 80% of you wouldn't have a clue as to whats going on. Fortunately, you can sit all comfy while inebriated and judge that to which you have no clue to what is going on, other than what you have been told or read, if you can remember at all.

The perfection of my original post stands strong against the weak arsed attempts to dispel its origin in fact. I called for River's to be benched early this season during a game to settle him down and was rebuked for it. Norv doesn't seem to follow in the mode of past successful coaches who have benched top line players for making boneheaded mistakes during games. For that River's can't be blamed.

11. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Do you think that Rivers being benched would in any way impact the performance of the O-line, which is the root of the problem?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    Benching River's has nothing to do with the O-line play. It may help him in making the right decisions rather than just tossing up some of the lollypops hes given away this year. A series or two wouldn't hurt his game nor the Chargers given the way they have played thus far.

13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    You are correct, but him turning into a turnover machine and making these bad decisions sure does. If he sits on the bench, he won't learn or change anything, because his problem stems from constant pressure, and whether or not he's on the field won't change the existence of that.

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    A series or two wouldn't hurt him and the benefits gained may outweigh any embarrassment on his part.

15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    The only benefit to be gained is that Rivers could watch someone else getting sacked instead of experiencing it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +1,026
  17. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,071
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaha................this one is still going strong ???

CLASSIC :poop: ...............

Hey Ringo, did you post that while saying it over in your head, while doing your very very bestest Jack N. impersonation. :tup:

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Not downplaying craptastic OL. But also saying Rivers has been a hothead from the beginning in a position that calls for a little more calm behavior.
    Perhaps "Rivers is a whiny arse bastage' would have been a better thread title ;)

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lol, well I can't fault you for lack of humor.

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Now THIS I agree with. Worth a shot anyway.

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Thought about posting the pic, but that was a little too obvious

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    So you know what was being discussed in the exchange? You don't know shyte so you start a fawked up thread implying as if you do know. Grow up, it's only a game and if you believe that River's is the biggest problem this offense has, then you really don't know shyte. I'll take champ Baileys word over some bitch that starts threads without really having a clue!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    This is like the Tomlinson threads when he was at the end. Did he lose a step or was it his O-line? No one wanted to see that their hero had fallen.

Rivers has made bonehead INT's and the O-line sucks. Some are saying that their is a ghost Rivers is running from due to the crap O-line. If this is the case the question is, can Rivers ever get the ghost out of his head? I still do not blame the O-line for all of Rivers mistakes.

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    River's has made many many uncharacteristic mistakes the past two years that cost an already weak team to collapse under its own weight. I don't find River's to be done as some have tried to express in here.

25. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +310
    I just lost a death pool.
    I had Larry H. outlasting Philip.

26. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    The difference between Tomlinson and Rivers is that for LT it was actually both. He was experiencing the 30 y/o RB wall which was being coupled with running into a wall of defenders in the backfield. The difference is that Rivers' physical skills haven't diminished, but rather it's been his decision-making. The fact that most of his bad plays are the result of forced passes and rushed throws rather than bad reads or poor throws gives me cause for optimism. Is it possible that he will be unable to improve his play even after the team improves (the David Carr effect)? Sure, but if the line improves and the defense improves, and Rivers is tanking the team, then we'll be able to cut him and draft a rookie to come in and take over a loaded roster.

27. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    this was my rant from the gameday thread..

you know what, get rid of ******* Phillip Rivers that ******* ******.. He's always smirking on the sideline its like he has fun ******* losing. He used to be a winner, and used to be pissed off if they lost a game, he's taken the same ******* mentality Norv has, you hire a ******* loser, you breed losers on your team. That was ******* pitiful..

and no, Rivers is a punk bitch.

28. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    HAHAHAHAHA, I love how meaningless nobodies actually think their opinion matters. :roflmao::roflmao::tup:

29. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    You like your QB laughing and smirking on the sideline when the opposing team is driving for a game winner? Hmm..

30. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,763
    It's not combat it's a game and if it bothers you that much watch chess matches or golf.