1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers is a bitch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by FCBolt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Chess is an intense game. I like to talk smack when I play chess! I bet Rivers can't keep his mouth shut during a Chess match!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Well then, I guess some folks would be offended by that too!.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    :roflmao:

you sound as if you play for Norv.. Fact is this team has lost 6 of the last 7, dismal team performances, especially from Rivers in some of those loses, not all of them though..

its FOOTBALL.. its competitive, sounds like to me your content on having mediocre seasons and a possible losing one..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You referencing the 1st quarter or the end of the game?
    More of your usual bullshit nonsense hexy.

Will you homer River forever?
    C'mon man, your satire is way better than your homerism.

5. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    You realize the irony there I hope ;)

6. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    I don't think any of Rivers' detractors are offended. Just don't think a hothead like Rivers has a chance in playoff pressure situations.

In fact, if anyone's offended here, I'd say it's you.

7. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I'm not the one complaining about everything a man does or doesn't do compared to your imaginary expectations of his play or demeanor. I think it's rather funny really and it would be great to see River's go to a team that really wants to win.

8. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    'Everything a man does' and 'imaginary comparisons'?
    C'mon Rexy, your all-in internet tirades on the Brees-Rivers thing have you twisted.

I'd rather see the Chargers win, be it with Rivers or without. In the last few weeks we've seen reports that Rivers has been told '40 times' to calm down by coaches. Fouts said today the guy needs to get it together. And frankly, he finally looks like a guy who's starting to realize that it's okay to heave it ob. But I doubt that lucidity carries in a playoff situation. I just don't think he can do it.

Frankly I don't give a shite what happens with Rivers if he leaves here. But inferring from your 'would be great to see River's go to a team that really wants to win' statement, I agree: The Chargers Org is backasswards. Best thing that could happen is for Spanos to sell it. But that ain't going to happen (excepting some conspiracy LA-thing, which I'm not buying).

• Like Like x 1
  9. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    The Chargers lost nine players yesterday in a game they lost. Next Sunday they play another team that plays with the same style and toughness. No, it's not all on River's shoulders but having to hold seven guys in for blocking and still giving up six sacks is pathetic.

Fout's said a lot of things yesterday and one thing he knows is picks. He also stated that only sending three guys out was playing into the strength of the defense, so which is it? can't have it both ways. What You, I or Fout's thinks doesn't matter, what does is those 11 guys on the field. I doubt any of the Bolt's starting O-line yesterday even sniff starting on many other teams if even on the squad at all.

You can hate on River's all you wish, just don't be so thin skinned about it. By the way, Brees threw 5 TD passes yesterday but two of them went the other way. I don't go to Saint's boards but I wonder if Saint fans are calling for Brees to be gone today.

The HL part is the reason for what is happening on the field. It starts and stop with owners. I have said many times, the Bolt's haven't had a real owner since Barron Hilton and I still believe that. Today, I hope That Deans kids having grown up with this team will one day provide the win first mentality needed to build championship dynasties.

There is no way to convince me that it's all on River's as why this team is failing, this team in my mind is failing him just as it did with Tomlinson, Brees and many other before them. I'm sure Fout's could bend our ears with insight on this very issue.

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    I personally don't give a sh*t that the guy gets fired up and talks a little smack. By all accounts it's G rated. He's not doing asinine "look at me" TD celebrations, making it rain at strip clubs, beating his wife, or otherwise showing up in the police blotter. He isn't acting like a punk during press conferences. It wouldn't shock me if at the end of the game when he was congratulating the Broncos he said something like "boy howdy, you guys sure whipped our tails today." And in his off time he's running around granting sick kids wishes and raising cash for his foundation to help foster kids.

You called him a "b*tch," I just completely disagree.

11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Thin-skinned has been your department. I'm thinking that you get all jacked up when you see anything anti-Rivers, quit reading, and make a bunch of assumptions.
    I'm just stating that Rivers is a whiner and it hamstrings his ability to compete in pressure situations. Never said that it's all on Rivers. But again, you've exposed yourself as a diehard Rivers homer, so you're going to have make shite up.

As far as what you, I, or Fouts thinks, let's not forget that one of the coaches told Acee that Rivers has been told to calm down 40 times. But I'm sure Acee was making that up :rolleyes:

12. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Well, he does bitch a lot. I'm not sitting here getting pissed about it, just making the observation that it's hard enough to win as a QB when you're calm, and Rivers doesn't play well when he's all fired up. Like I said to Hex, the coaches have told him to calm down. Why would they do that?

13. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You are the only one making shyte up. I have never heard River's bitch in any interview he's ever done either as a Bolt or wolf packer. You're upset because I said it was a stupid arse fawking thread and it appears others have agreed with me.

If you're whining because Philip chews some arse on the sideline, then it's you that has the problem as most QB's in the NFL do get upset and let their players know about it. As far as Acee goes that's self explanatory, how many times have I seen folks as yourself write about him and how he knows nothing nor can he be believed?

Again, I don't care what you think of Philip and you might even be right, but until there is proof other than hearsay it means nothing. Many folks including me said Brees would never win anything but he proved different so all the credit in the world goes out to him. It doesn't change the way I think of him, he's still just a piece of shyte liar and I hold no respect for him.

I'd rather Philip lead the Bolt's to a Lombardi than another team but I honestly don't believe any QB in the league will deliver for the Bolt's until major changes are made. QB is not one of the changes needed to make the hope a reality, it starts at the top with ownership and runs down through management and coaching.

14. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Not upset at all, nor did I make anything up. Rivers was whining at the Donks sideline in the 1st quarter after one of those three and outs. If you have to resort to saying I'm making that I'm up, then like I said, you have a problem with the truth when it comes to your boy Rivers. And I'm sure that the coaches haven't told Rivers to calm down either :roflmao:

Keep homering the guy. We'll disagree on whether the guy can deal with Super Bowl pressure until he actually shows he can. Could be a long wait.

15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    You can say you seen Philip doing anything you want, it doesn't matter to me. You hate the guy, big deal, just because you were called out for the truth you're now trying to prove a point that you can't. Do you in fact know what was said?? didn't the Donks have the refs check the illegal towles?? do you know that River's started it or was he answering back to someone ????? You don't, so quit making shyte up especially that River's is the only one in the NFL that does this. I've seen Manning, Brady, Rothlisberger talking to other players and pointing fingers towards the opposite sidelines. The only one it seems to bother is you.

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    lol you're repeating yourself and continue to manufacture shite to make your point.
    Again, let's just let the future decide--same as we did with Brees ;)

17. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    I get it, you're still butt hurt over Brees. Hell, that explains it all to me now.

18. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Keep grasping at straws Hex, it IS your style. By the way, your last couple posts have sounded like you're a bit upset. You okay over there?

19. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,760
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm doing quite fine thanks. I have no reason to be upset, I'm not being called out for making up BS without any proof. It's just a message board, I called you out on the BS you posted and others have agreed with me and you get all bummed out. Don't worry about it, I'm not, it's just the interwebs. Like Al Gore you just stretch it out a bit, no harm done.

20. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Ah, it's the election results that have you :confused:. Understood ;)

21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +899
    The title of this thread is "Rivers is a bitch." That seems to be a statement about him, not his play. Maybe I read that wrong, if not, our definitions of "bitch" vary from each other.

22. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    That's possible. Mea culpa if so. Should have called it 'Rivers is a whining ****** ' ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    I love Rivers, but when I see **** like what I saw yesterday, and I've seen it before this year, where he just simply has a joke or two with someone when a team is showing you how its done, and how to manufacture a game winning drive you don't sit on the sideline and laugh. You think Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or Peyton Manning are laughing when a team is showing them up at home? And you were once considered a high power offense and only manufacture 13 points, 3 in the 2nd half with their two best defenders hurt in Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb.

Rivers came into the league hating to lose. That's what I'll always know him by. Clearly it's "not just a game" when he put his career and leg in jeopardy when he went out to New England in January on a torn ACL. Rivers was a winner, fearless guy. And honestly Norv has digressed his play AND attitude. It's that its okay to lose attitude its on to next week. And loses like yesterday that have been happening all season tend to hurt a little bit.

24. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814